• ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I kid you not: I think I saw an otter or a very large mink this morning. East side of Indy. Early morning. Way way larger than the minks that I’ve seen. 4x. All brown.

Weirdest thing it did when I stopped in the road it was carrying some sort of prey, it didn’t seem bothered by my car at all. Stood on its hind legs and periscoped around a few seconds. Weird lookin.

No large bodies of water around. Just a small retention pond and a couple ditches. A mink maybe could survive around there. But this thing was too big.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    I kid you not: I think I saw an otter or a very large mink this morning. East side of Indy. Early morning. Way way larger than the minks that I’ve seen. 4x. All brown.

Weirdest thing it did when I stopped in the road it was carrying some sort of prey, it didn’t seem bothered by my car at all. Stood on its hind legs and periscoped around a few seconds. Weird lookin.

No large bodies of water around. Just a small retention pond and a couple ditches. A mink maybe could survive around there. But this thing was too big.
    Location?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Location?
    East of Irvington. On Rawles.
    Crossing from a residential area to a light industrial area.

It was over 3' long, too low to the ground to be a kitty cat.

Walked weirdly and like I said in the earlier post, it stood up in the road and looked around for a bit.

Coulda been a chupacabra.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    East of Irvington. On Rawles.
    Crossing from a residential area to a light industrial area.

It was over 3' long, too low to the ground to be a kitty cat.

Walked weirdly and like I said in the earlier post, it stood up in the road and looked around for a bit.

Coulda been a chupacabra.

You're right about no bodies of water in that area, unless he made his way from the woods on the south side of Brookville Road behind the old Navistar property.

Or I suppose he could have come from the north via the creek that runs thru Ellenberger.

Was he E or W of Arlington?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You're right about no bodies of water in that area, unless he made his way from the woods on the south side of Brookville Road behind the old Navistar property.

Or I suppose he could have come from the north via the creek that runs thru Ellenberger.

Was he E or W of Arlington?
    East of Arlington.
    Closer to Kitley than Arlington.

I really have no idea what it was. Unless it was someones escaped (illegal)pet fisher cat.

That's as close as anything I've found picturewise.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    East of Arlington.
    Closer to Kitley than Arlington.

I really have no idea what it was. Unless it was someones escaped (illegal)pet fisher cat.

That's as close as anything I've found picturewise.

I'll have to keep my eyes open, I drive thru there all the time.

Use to see lots of deer in the woods just past Shortridge, and a year or 2 ago I saw a pair of groundhogs right at the corner of Shortridge and English, but never anything like what you described.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'll have to keep my eyes open, I drive thru there all the time.

Use to see lots of deer in the woods just past Shortridge, and a year or 2 ago I saw a pair of groundhogs right at the corner of Shortridge and English, but never anything like what you described.
    Yeah there are definitely deer through there. Must get lost along the pennsy trail or those railway tracks. Tons of ground hogs. Fat ones.

Up until they started with the construction of the old Ford plant sight, I'd hear coyotes all the time. One crossed right in front of wife and I at dusk a few years ago. We were on bikes and it was on the paved trail.

It's a weird pocket of town. I'm glad to see the animals that I've seen.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    Yeah there are definitely deer through there. Must get lost along the pennsy trail or those railway tracks. Tons of ground hogs. Fat ones.

Up until they started with the construction of the old Ford plant sight, I'd hear coyotes all the time. One crossed right in front of wife and I at dusk a few years ago. We were on bikes and it was on the paved trail.

It's a weird pocket of town. I'm glad to see the animals that I've seen.

Coyotes have plagued the neighborhood around Rustic Gardens for well over a decade, but so far I've never seen any (except that 1 up in Fishers on the RR tracks at 96th St)

Top Bottom