• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    So which is better CC or OC? 9mm or 45acp? Is it alright to wear white after Labor Day? Are aliens real? Which qb is the greatest of the modern era?

I always check to make sure a firearm is unloaded before I hand it to another person. I view this as safety etiquette, and I do this simply because I don't trust them to keep their booger hooks off the bang switch. If people would keep their fingers off the triggers until ready to shoot, there would be no issues with the safe handling of modern firearms.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If folks would follow and promote the Four Rules of Safe Firearms Handling, as opposed to looking for excuses not to, there would be no accidents.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    So which is better CC or OC? 9mm or 45acp? Is it alright to wear white after Labor Day? Are aliens real? Which qb is the greatest of the modern era?

I always check to make sure a firearm is unloaded before I hand it to another person. I view this as safety etiquette, and I do this simply because I don't trust them to keep their booger hooks off the bang switch. If people would keep their fingers off the triggers until ready to shoot, there would be no issues with the safe handling of modern firearms.

OC, .45 ACP, not according to Emily Post, no Farve, I always handle every gun safely.

I never point a gun at anything I am not willing to destroy. Why? Because ND's happen.

I din't place my finger on the trigger until i am ready to fire. Why? Because ND's happen.

I make sure I know my target and what is beyond my target. Why? Because ND's happen.

I consider every gun loaded until I personally clear it mechanically, visually and physically. Why? Because ND's happen.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    OC, .45 ACP, not according to Emily Post, no Farve, I always handle every gun safely.

I never point a gun at anything I am not willing to destroy. Why? Because ND's happen.

I din't place my finger on the trigger until i am ready to fire. Why? Because ND's happen.

I make sure I know my target and what is beyond my target. Why? Because ND's happen.

I consider every gun loaded until I personally clear it mechanically, visually and physically. Why? Because ND's happen.

Oh, now that's just crazy talk!

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Elway never gets the love he deserves. If he wins another SB with The Great Turnover as qb1, he will go down as the greatest QB and GM of all time. At least in my mind. I think Favre is a close second, but Elway carried his teams many times alone. He's the Michael Jordan of football.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Assume a firearm is loaded until you can safely verify that it isn't.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Once upon a time I was a 1 rule guy. Never point a weapon at anything you are not willing to destroy. That is until my friend picked up his unloaded BB pistol and shot me in the arm.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Well, Montana, maybe.

He and Young were both great, but they had GREAT supporting casts too. Elway didn't have much till the final few years. I could understand an argument for Brady (Heaven forbid) simply because he has won with an ever changing cast of skill position players. Many of those guys were nothing before him (Welker) or joined well after their prime (Moss). This is not an all inclusive list of course. Plus, the Patriots have not had an elite running back for a long time.

Peyton is probably the greatest regular season qb of all time, but we all know how he does when the games count in the playoffs.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If folks would follow and promote the Four Rules of Safe Firearms Handling, as opposed to looking for excuses not to, there would be no accidents.

If folks would follow and promote 100 Rules of Safe Gun Handling there would also be no accidents.

Really, only a couple safe gun handling rules are necessary to prevent tragedies, everything else ( to include etiquette, expansions and general good ideas) just clouds their importance or sets people up to fail.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    Sure, that's easy, but the more interesting aspect would be why we disagree.

Care to discuss the reasoning?

Sure, I subscribe to Colonel Cooper's 4 rules of Gun Safety, you do not. It's quite simple and there's a chance we could both be right. I like the 4 rules mindset, it works for me. It works for a lot of people. I say whatever keeps you safe Alan and if it works for you, then kudos, i applaud safety.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...I consider every gun loaded until I personally clear it mechanically, visually and physically. Why? Because ND's happen.

So, once you consider it unloaded, do you still handle it safely or do you wantonly violate the actual safe gun handling rules?

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Sure, I subscribe to Colonel Cooper's 4 rules of Gun Safety, you do not. It's quite simple and there's a chance we could both be right. I like the 4 rules mindset, it works for me. It works for a lot of people. I say whatever keeps you safe Alan and if it works for you, then kudos, i applaud safety.

Did you subscribe to Coopers one and only rule before it was shown to be inadequate or did you adopt the whole set after it was shored up with 3 more actual rules that can be followed?

Top Bottom