• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Ran into a guy a few weeks ago at a car show. He had a 78 CJ5 for sale. Wish I could have bought it; it would have made a great SHTF vehicle. 327 engine, no electronics.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just picked this up a couple of weeks back to use as a bug out vehicle. It's not EMP proof, but should be able to get through if that's not the problem being dealt with. I'm thinking of trying to pick up a spare ECU to help with the EMP side. There's not much on this thing that's computer driven, so the ECU might be all that's needed.

picture.php

Last edited:

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I just thought if it's winter and you're taking a diesel, make sure you have enough fuel conditioner. Or you'll be screwed.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I love the idea of a SHTF vehicle or BOV(Bug Out Vehicle) but I believe in any real situation they will become useless very fast. I think if the SHTF every road that usually has average traffic will be a parking lot. In the country it will be different but country roads lead to busy roads. I believe as far as motorized vehicles go motorcycles and atvs will rule the road.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I love the idea of a SHTF vehicle or BOV(Bug Out Vehicle) but I believe in any real situation they will become useless very fast. I think if the SHTF every road that usually has average traffic will be a parking lot. In the country it will be different but country roads lead to busy roads. I believe as far as motorized vehicles go motorcycles and atvs will rule the road.

Isnt Indy basically a parking lot everyday?
    I live far enough in the country and alongside Hwy 24. I have multiple options to get out of here.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Isnt Indy basically a parking lot everyday?
    I live far enough in the country and alongside Hwy 24. I have multiple options to get out of here.

Yeah that's kinda my point. In a situation like mine it really won't matter what kind of vehicle I have. If the SHTF it will be near impossible for me to even get out of Indy in a four wheel vehicle.

Last edited:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    What about if you bugged out in a Polaris RZR? One of those fancy new 4 seaters. Idk what they cost though.

Yeah I've seen them but honestly I could'nt see anything except an enduro or dirtbike making it out of Indy. For me it's my bicycle then my feet.

Someday I'd like to have a dual sport motorcycle:rockwoot:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I'm thinking of starting with one of these. They are farely cheap and no plates or insurance is required. With the low cost I could stand to lose it if need be.

Don't laugh at the Ruckus!

0711091657c2.jpg

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    What does everybody have for shtf vehicle? I've got a Polaris ranger to take off to the woods and my diesel pickups but was just curious as to what everybody else is gonna use. I'm thinking if getting an old military blazer or pickup.
    My legs and feet. I can go a lot of places a vehicle could never go.

gage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    underground
    merc 300d, find a McDonalds and filter the oil=french fry mobile!
    for now...
    1982 300D mercedes turbo diesel
    I just bought it. It had been sitting for several years.
    The last oil change was 14.5 YEARS ago.
    I have a whole 'nother level of respect for mercedes.
    After putting a good battery in it... it started without any hesitation and shut off like a dream. Simple, reliable and dang near EMP proof.

My ultimate Dream bug out vehicle = UNIMOG

Top Bottom