• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The hungry wolf is intimidated by neither sheep nor ram. The 'determined' and 'aggressive' wolf also knows that, by killing the ram first, the wolf then has his pick of sheep.

Just sayin'...

Usually, the wolf worries about being injured, and the being taken out himself.
    the ram is only taken on when faced with no choice.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Interestingly, that's observation is exactly why wolves often (though not always) hunt in packs. And it's not beyond the wolf (or wolves) to 'challenge' and 'eliminate' the ram right off the bat.

At least, in our experience, wolves MAY be 'opportunists', but they definitely ARE 'calculating'.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Interestingly, that's observation is exactly why wolves often (though not always) hunt in packs. And it's not beyond the wolf (or wolves) to 'challenge' and 'eliminate' the ram right off the bat.

At least, in our experience, wolves MAY be 'opportunists', but they definitely ARE 'calculating'.
    Emphasis added. Actually wolves, like all hunters, seek easy kills - the weak, the slow, the injured. No wolf or pack of wolves or any other hunting animal will take on a full grown bison when they can take on the calf that has been culled from the herd. Wolves do not seek out the strongest opponent to kill, that is completely wrong. They will stampede, charge, bait until an opportunity for an easy kill presents itself. An animal stumbles, gets tired, gets separated from the herd.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle

Emphasis added. Actually wolves, like all hunters, seek easy kills - the weak, the slow, the injured. No wolf or pack of wolves or any other hunting animal will take on a full grown bison when they can take on the calf that has been culled from the herd. Wolves do not seek out the strongest opponent to kill, that is completely wrong. They will stampede, charge, bait until an opportunity for an easy kill presents itself. An animal stumbles, gets tired, gets separated from the herd.
    Wolves are more predictable than humans... And they normally don't kill for revenge or the sake of killing.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I assume he's tied up in Sneeze's basement.

And Sneeze is heating up a straightened metal hanger on the stove.......? :runaway:

Let's hope he's OK. I think maybe talking to him in public to where he really stands. He has reached out to "talk". You might find detane. He hasn't been violent as far as we have heard. Best presditor of future behavior is past behavior so.....

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    The hungry wolf is intimidated by neither sheep nor ram. The 'determined' and 'aggressive' wolf also knows that, by killing the ram first, the wolf then has his pick of sheep.

Just sayin'...
    Ever watch a nature documentary? I've never seen wolves or lions or any predator go after the strongest animal first. You go after the weak/tired/sick/young/old...not the badass bull water buffalo that could kill you.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    It sounds like the situation is manageble right now, but if Happy, Sleepy, Grumpy, and the rest move in and form a gang I'd be looking to move.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    And Sneeze is heating up a straightened metal hanger on the stove.......? :runaway:

Let's hope he's OK. I think maybe talking to him in public to where he really stands. He has reached out to "talk". You might find detane. He hasn't been violent as far as we have heard. Best presditor of future behavior is past behavior so.....

Fat fingering on a mobile device?

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    honestly I have no idea but would have to think it a coincidence. I can be civil and talk but honestly this guy is a beast, hes frickin huge and even his voice is big and booming. I went outside to get my daughters bookbag a few weeks ago and heard this "voice" then i look across the street and saw sneeze talking to the old home owner(they moved next street over) and was just like you have got to be kidding me, then my friend called a few days later and confirmed what his car was and i was just like damn i have the worst luck(which is really do have horrible luck). Im just afraid there will be little time for talk if he starts at me. I also looked up the GF who lives in the home with her kids and she owns a hair business and cut my hair like 10 years ago i remembered, fort wayne is a small city i really think sometimes!!

Unfortuntely, some people are not rational or logical...they 'bully' their way through life imposing their size (or whatever) to get their way! They are not usually very intelligent nor do they reason their way through situation! They are actually quite proud of their way of making other's 'little' in their eyes! They're very sad people!

I'd say, mind your own business, stay alert, ignore him as much as possible, never initiate anything with him (or the GF or her kids as that is a 2nd level connection that could draw him into it), be prepared at all times, smile and always be cordial (no matter what), never be threatening towards him (can be a 'trigger' for reactions from people like that), etc.

Sucks when stuff like this happens...hope everything stays 'nice' with them! As he is the BF...it's possible things'll go south between him and the GF and he'll move out?

Cole46845

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    ****UPDATE**** Well after weeks of feeling like a prisoner and dodging my neighbor it has come to a head. I own a landscape company and had some of my employees working at my home today. The neighbor came over and puffed up on my employee asking them where I was at, he was on my property, threatening my employees that I need to contact him. Tomorrow I am going to get a restraining order bc I feel like this guy is a threat to me and my family or friends even! I will keep this thread updated

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ****UPDATE**** Well after weeks of feeling like a prisoner and dodging my neighbor it has come to a head. I own a landscape company and had some of my employees working at my home today. The neighbor came over and puffed up on my employee asking them where I was at, he was on my property, threatening my employees that I need to contact him. Tomorrow I am going to get a restraining order bc I feel like this guy is a threat to me and my family or friends even! I will keep this thread updated

And no one wore his butt out with a shovel.....Really

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

Just keep in mind a PO (protective order or No Contact Order) is in reality just a piece of paper. Of course he can be arrested for violating it but that is of little concern to the hard core criminals. It is also possible that he will really have a grudge once he gets served with it. It is not valid until he is served. Just something to keep in mind.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Glad your ok, we've all be wondering about you! I would give serious consideration to speaking with him, I know the confrontation thing can be very awkward, but a restraining order offers you zero protection. In the end you have to do what feels right to you, I hope it all works out for you cole.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kostas25
    Top Bottom