• ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Okay. I just read the linked story and I'm pi**ed. I've been to exactly one Star Bucks in my life but I'll definitely be visiting the one at 1st Ave and Mill Rd. in Evansville. Furthermore, I'll carry my big, bad, ugly G21 in a Serpa with my TWO round mag pouch on my other hip. I might even fart if I walk by any Volvos in the parking lot.

I don't know what youre talking about, that G1 is sexy as hell.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Is there a Starbucks over by your office? I'm game for a hot chocolate and pastry if you are.....

Sorry, I already have a date.

There's one by Trader Joe's/Pier One between Michigan and Township Line on 86th St.

There's another near Dick's, just west of Zionsville Rd.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Plucked from another forum I'm on:
    Starbucks' "Pro-Gun" Policy Prompts Gun Victims' Advocate Group to Launch Nationwide Boycott on Valentine's Day 2012 - PR Newswire - sacbee.com

Looks like the anti-'s are planning a boycott of Starbucks starting on St. Valentine's Day, due to their "local stores follow local laws" policies. Might be a good time for us pro-'s to stop in for a cup of Joe.

OC, of course!

I will definately be making a trip there that day whether im in the mood for coffee or not! Thanks for the heads up!

POTTSY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Well i'll be at the one in Greenfield , been to one once but i guess a second time woun't hurt

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    GunsNCoffee.png

dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville
    mrortega,
    Titanium_Frost and myself will be there 6pm if you would like to join. I will be at one on the eastside that morning also, if you have time in the mornings.

James

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    mrortega,
    Titanium_Frost and myself will be there 6pm if you would like to join. I will be at one on the eastside that morning also, if you have time in the mornings.

James
    Thanks. I may just mosey in (how gunslingers move about) in late morning, kick a few chairs aside and slam some cash down on the counter and ask for some decaf :) But seriously, I think a person here and there coming in throughout the day might be more effective.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Thanks. I may just mosey in (how gunslingers move about) in late morning, kick a few chairs aside and slam some cash down on the counter and ask for some decaf :) But seriously, I think a person here and there coming in throughout the day might be more effective.

Hey I'm just surprised someone besides me invited you somewhere they were actually going to be at :joke:

:laugh:

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Okay. I just read the linked story and I'm pi**ed. I've been to exactly one Star Bucks in my life but I'll definitely be visiting the one at 1st Ave and Mill Rd. in Evansville. Furthermore, I'll carry my big, bad, ugly G21 in a Serpa with my TWO round mag pouch on my other hip. I might even fart if I walk by any Volvos in the parking lot.

If it a greenish blue Volvo wagon, please dont! My wife insisted we buy one and I dont want to get hit by friendly fire!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    If it a greenish blue Volvo wagon, please dont! My wife insisted we buy one and I dont want to get hit by friendly fire!
    OMG! That color sets me off worse than any other. I'll hold off as long as you swear you don't wear a tweed jacket with leather elbow patches. Besides I've been neutered. Obama cancelled the MR pipe line from my bathroom to distributors in Texas.;)

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Here's the reply I got from the email below (sent it yesterday):

[FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]Dear John,

[/FONT]

Thank you for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Starbucks' policy on open carry laws.

At Starbucks, we deeply respect the views of our customers and recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. We comply with local laws and statutes in the communities we serve. Our long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged and we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don't exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited.

As the public debate around this issue continues, we encourage customers and advocacy groups from both sides to share their input with their public officials. We are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society and believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers.

If you have any further questions or concerns that I was unable to address, please feel free to let me know.

Warm Regards,
    Kelsey F
    Customer Relations
    Starbucks Coffee Company
    800 STARBUC (782-7282)
    Monday through Friday, 5AM to 8PM (PST)

I jusr went to their web site and sent this on their contact us link for corporate contact.

It has come to my attention that a small group of anti-civil rights activists are calling for a boycott of your company on Valentine's Day.
    Starbucks has communicated a policy that local stores are to use local laws pertaining to the civil, and more importantly, our God given right to self protection. Starbucks should be lauded for respecting that right and I want to first express my gratitude for your establishing this common sense policy.

Second, I will be visiting my local store that day to show my support for your policy.

Third, I am contacting my friends, neighbors and relatives to do so as well.

Finally, the Indiana Gun Owners forum is rallying support as well. This forum has over 19,000 members and we hope to get every last one of us into one of your stores at least once on that day.

If you care to see what is being discussed there, go to:https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...scussion/191625-starbucks_needs_our_help.html

Thanks for your time.

Go Starbucks!

g.mccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    New Whiteland
    I honestly had a hard time reading that and at the same time keeping my bloodpressure in check. **** like that pisses me off, stating that the reason for gun violence is legal owners being allowed to carry in public. I will have to be sure and get some starbucks on the 14th. Never open carried before, may have to for this one.

Top Bottom