• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Seems like there ought to be a report that goes along with the gun being taken into their possession. If so, you'd think there'd be some description of its condition when found.
    Or like FFL's are made to do. A log book, when it was taken in. When it was disposed of and why. Every other govt. agency has record keeping, why not property rooms?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Are these pistols that can be "glock switched" as big media calls it to FA? Cops might have sawed this if it had been converted to NFA contraband rather than remove the offending part and return it.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My honest, objective assessment is this:

I pulled the pistol from the safe to inspect it for potential cleaning. Somehow, I ended up with it out by the car and was distracted. Maybe the distraction pulled me out to the car. I laid it on the hood and forgot about it. The only place I went that day was the gas station, so it somehow survived my pot hole riddled dirt driveway, only to fall on the pavement of the street down the road and I somehow didn’t notice or hear it. The light and magazine somehow become detached and are run over, crushing them. Someone picks up the whole mess and takes it to SBPD because they don’t realize we live in the county and are under the Sheriff’s jurisdiction. SBPD keeps the slide and chop-saws the frame.

A lot of somehows and it seems pretty thin, reading over it, but that’s the only way I can make the pieces fit without more information they clearly weren’t ready or willing to provide.

I don’t know who this Kirk fellow previously mentioned is and I don’t really have the time, resources or inclination to crush the SBPD as some have suggested and I, admittedly, may have fantasized about for a brief moment. I consider it a hard and expensive lesson learned, and I’ll likely leave it at that.

Hate to hear that the gun ended up as it did. Assuming it was destroyed by SBPD makes it all the more worse in my mind.
    I too would like to think there would be some sort of chain of custody at least as it supposedly moved from their property room to whoever performs ballistic tests.

This is a rhetorical question and I don't expect any kind of answer. I'm sorry, but how could you get so distracted that you remember taking a gun out of the safe to "inspect it for potential cleaning" and then "somehow, I ended up with it out by the car and was distracted"? That just sounds like something specific had to have occurred that would be very memorable. Something so unusual that you would at least know why you ended up out by the car. So did you find yourself at the car and just decided to go get gas since you didn't know why you were there lol?
    Sorry but your story makes me feel like you were either careless or maybe suffering something similar to the POTUS. It just doesn't seem to add up to me, unless I'm missing something about what happened.
    You can't seem to remember how the gun became missing, how can you expect SBPD to explain what happened to it?

Last edited:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I'm sorry, but how could you get so distracted that you remember taking a gun out of the safe to "inspect it for potential cleaning" and then "somehow, I ended up with it out by the car and was distracted"?

This. How do you take a gun out of the safe and then not know what happened to it that it ended up in a police evidence vault? Have you been goign to bed earlier every night? have you been sleeping later? Have you been Tyler longer and longer? Deja vu, all over again.

Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Someone needs to necroraise that posting!!

:whistle:

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County

:whistle:
    classic

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    Hate to hear that the gun ended up as it did. Assuming it was destroyed by SBPD makes it all the more worse in my mind.
    I too would like to think there would be some sort of chain of custody at least as it supposedly moved from their property room to whoever performs ballistic tests.

This is a rhetorical question and I don't expect any kind of answer. I'm sorry, but how could you get so distracted that you remember taking a gun out of the safe to "inspect it for potential cleaning" and then "somehow, I ended up with it out by the car and was distracted"? That just sounds like something specific had to have occurred that would be very memorable. Something so unusual that you would at least know why you ended up out by the car. So did you find yourself at the car and just decided to go get gas since you didn't know why you were there lol?
    Sorry but your story makes me feel like you were either careless or maybe suffering something similar to the POTUS. It just doesn't seem to add up to me, unless I'm missing something about what happened.
    You can't seem to remember how the gun became missing, how can you expect SBPD to explain what happened to it?
    I have 3 kids age 8 (twins) and 6. I work up to 12 hours a day with an app on my phone that monitors every time I sneeze sideways and reports it to my employer, 7 days a week. The house is falling apart and needs constant maintenance. The old lady’s elderly father who lives with us, is rapidly declining in every way, and was an emotional spaz with room temperature IQ to begin with, and the old lady has pretty much given up on life, drinking heavily every night and just sitting around pining for Jesus to come back. I could go on, but my life isn’t open to broad public perusal on this forum.

I hope this will suffice to satisfy your curiosity.

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty

The something that occurred very memorable, was the old man having a panicked meltdown about the urgency in having me install a door to his room (a studio across from the breezeway that divides the house, because sometimes one of the dogs cries in her sleep and it interferes with his 16 hours of sleep. I don’t expect SBPD to explain anything. I clearly said I would rather treat it as an expensive lesson and leave it at that.

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty

And again, my “story” is simply a possible explanation, not the definitive truth of how it all went down. I was just trying to make sense of it. The likelihood the pistol survived my driveway, only to drop in the street is pretty slim, and nobody wanders into a gated yard to find a pistol in a pothole.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have 3 kids age 8 (twins) and 6. I work up to 12 hours a day with an app on my phone that monitors every time I sneeze sideways and reports it to my employer, 7 days a week. The house is falling apart and needs constant maintenance. The old lady’s elderly father who lives with us, is rapidly declining in every way, and was an emotional spaz with room temperature IQ to begin with, and the old lady has pretty much given up on life, drinking heavily every night and just sitting around pining for Jesus to come back. I could go on, but my life isn’t open to broad public perusal on this forum.

I hope this will suffice to satisfy your curiosity.
    I really wasn't expecting any kind of explanation. My response was in reference to your inability to recall what sounds like a good portion of the day. Which included not knowing what you did with a gun.
    Now, frankly to make it even worse you're saying you have 3 kids ages 6-8yo in the home, an elderly and "rapidly declining in every way" FIL in the home and spouse that has "pretty much given up on life" and who's "drinking heavily every night". That's on top of some sort of job you work 12 hrs/day and a mobile device that monitors whatever and reports to your employer.
    I hate to say this, but it sounds like you probably shouldn't have firearms in the home. I mean you took a gun out of the safe with small kids, a possibly drunk wife and an elderly man with possible mental decline and then misplaced it. Not exactly what I would call being a responsible gun owner.
    Who are you, Hunter Biden?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    HT4IFvKvQwhCE.webp

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The something that occurred very memorable, was the old man having a panicked meltdown about the urgency in having me install a door to his room (a studio across from the breezeway that divides the house, because sometimes one of the dogs cries in her sleep and it interferes with his 16 hours of sleep. I don’t expect SBPD to explain anything. I clearly said I would rather treat it as an expensive lesson and leave it at that.
    Seriously, it sounds like you need to maybe seek counseling of some sort. And possibly other assistance in giving care to your FIL.

Top Bottom