Stolen Valor?? I was just wearing the T-shirt...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    A lot of the old generations were quiet. A lot of the new not so much. We are now not taught you are a wimp if you express
    yourself. Also we have had the red carpet laid out for us because of the **** our brothers from particularly vietnam came home to. Spittings and evil words and physical abuse thrown upon them. Veterans have it made now thanks to those old vets who took it and couldn't publicly be proud. Case in point, now you see lots of former military from the war on terror helping to make
    movies as advisors, writing books, training people or starting their own training companies. Even telling their stories on internet videos for companies like BCM. And even autograph signings, and more book deals, and public speaking events. Hell the guys from one of the most secret units in the military can't wait to get out and write books and do interviews or be on TV shows (top shot as an example), and hell you even have 2 guys from the same team arguing publicly on which one really shot bin laden. Some stay quiet or do other things to make sure they don't end up on an Isis kill list. I mean personaly theyd love for them to bring it but they have families to think about. They don't want their faces or names all over the Internet or tv.
    So no I don't agree that the real people who've been there done that and have the scars to prove it stay quiet.
    If they seem fake call them out to their face. Ask them to see the bullet holes or scrapnel scars.
    now I'll agree most guys aren't gonna just start up a convo with some dude in a gun shop.
    my friends who are my real friends know not to point at me and start talking about my service. If I want to talkthey know I will on my own. You could also ask for their dd214 but most vets don't even have a copy of it handy or give a **** about it.
    Fellow vets can tell a poser. And fellow vets from any generation have a connection and mutual respect. It is a brotherhood that transcends race, age, MOS, branch, politics.
    ive had the honor to make friends from INGO and in person with several real combat and non combat vets. One of them is an old (meant with respect) Marine that got ****ed up while ****ing bad guys up in Vietnam. Him and I have had some candid conversations and I treasure them.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I saw a video of a stolen valor dude saying his rank was sniper in the Army.
    I swear most of those people don't even Google their pretent unit branch to learn a few things.
    Or a guy who was a Marine and a Navy SEAL, he was so good he didn't have to go thru BUD training or even join the Navy to be a freaking SEAL. :):

Most of those people I wouldn't try to approach, lots of :nuts: ... even crazier than the ones who actually serves.

But I digress, that's not what this thread is about.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I saw a video of a stolen valor dude saying his rank was sniper in the Army.
    I swear most of those people don't even Google their pretent unit branch to learn a few things.
    Or a guy who was a Marine and a Navy SEAL, he was so good he didn't have to go thru BUD training or even join the Navy to be a freaking SEAL. :):

Most of those people I wouldn't try to approach, lots of :nuts: ... even crazier than the ones who actually serves.

But I digress, that's not what this thread is about.
    right. A lot of people with mental disorders impersonate. And they are the ONLY ones I feel sorry for.
    Almost all Marines think they are Navy SEALs lol.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was watching the last episode of Leah Remini's show about scientology. Apparently L Ron Hubbard made claims to an impressive array of military accomplishments and awards that are not only not documented in any way, some of the medals he claimed didn't exist until well after he would have been in the military. When confronted with the inconsistencies and obvious lies, the scientology representatives allegedly claimed his records had been "sheep dipped" or redacted/classified because everything he did was so top secret. It would be hilarious if there weren't people who won't even consider that all of his claims about his military may not be factual.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I was watching the last episode of Leah Remini's show about scientology. Apparently L Ron Hubbard made claims to an impressive array of military accomplishments and awards that are not only not documented in any way, some of the medals he claimed didn't exist until well after he would have been in the military. When confronted with the inconsistencies and obvious lies, the scientology representatives allegedly claimed his records had been "sheep dipped" or redacted/classified because everything he did was so top secret. It would be hilarious if there weren't people who won't even consider that all of his claims about his military may not be factual.
    Didn't he mistakenly shell some friendlies while in the Navy?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, desk jockey officers typically dont go around telling "war stories" like these yahoos.

"And no sh** there I was, about to die. All of the jurors were staring me down, and the opposing counsel was about to..." :laugh:

Well now I have to address this to make sure I'm not accused of stolen valor.

I was not always a lawyer and I was never an officer. However, during the first Gulf War, Grand Rapids, MI was never taken by Sadaam Hussein and I like to think I played a tiny role in that.

Nitreoxide

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2016
    Morresville
    I have to admit some of the best war stories I have heard were told by a guy that only made it a week into basic training. Probably could have had a great career as a fiction writer .

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I remember someone here on the INGO claiming that just wearing camo around was some sort of poser activity. That was several years ago. I hoped he didn't spend much time out in the small town areas of Indiana during hunting season.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I remember someone here on the INGO claiming that just wearing camo around was some sort of poser activity. That was several years ago. I hoped he didn't spend much time out in the small town areas of Indiana during hunting season.

I remember that.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ahhh...Sheep dip.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Ahhh...Sheep dip.

That's clue #3 that the bar stool hero is full of bovine excrement. Doesn't remember bases, MOS, and everything was so classified there is no written evidence of anything they did.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion

It wasnt by anyone on ingo but i was told i couldn't wear cargo pants.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What about wearing milsurp BDU for hunting....is that stolen valor?

To me a BDU is just a regular pair of pants and vest (camo or not).
    It just becomes a uniform when you add all the regulatory patches, insignas and ranks.
    And it's only stolen valor if you lie about your service when asked.

It problem depends when and where you wear it too.
    No problem for hunting in the woods, now if you wear the same thing even without all the patches during Veteran's day in order to get discounts in stores that will be different.

Top Bottom