• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    tacticool pens

Most have really sharp crowns, the UZI is so sharp it comes with a protective cover. If the crown is that sharp how the hell are you supposed to carry it? The sharp crowns are known by the cool kids as DNA extractors. Many have the writing end exposed, what the heck, that makes them a pain to carry also.

My favorite the Alpha 1 Body Guard Elite Titanium. The cap simply pulls off and it's a pen / weapon, cap on, it's a weapon.

ChineNoName.jpg

ChinaNoNameClip.jpg

Next favorite is the UZI, suffers from the same exposed writing end syndrome. Yeah you can twist the end until its not exposed anymore, who has got that kind of time? Note the gel crown cover.

UZITop.jpg

UZI.jpg

And a few others....

Left to right: A1 Body Guard, Fury (actually has a yellow warning label on box "Banned by the TSA") also has a glow in the dark implant in the crown (so you don't poke you eye out with it in the dark?), Tom Anderson Twister (extremely light weight, but tough), No name China made bad boy (very heavy, can be used to bludgeon an opponent) seriously its too heavy to use as a pen.

TacticalPenGroup.jpg

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Most have really sharp crowns, the UZI is so sharp it comes with a protective cover. If the crown is that sharp how the hell are you supposed to carry it? The sharp crowns are known by the cool kids as DNA extractors. Many have the writing end exposed, what the heck, that makes them a pain to carry also.

My favorite the Alpha 1 Body Guard Elite Titanium. The cap simply pulls off and it's a pen / weapon, cap on, it's a weapon.

ChineNoName.jpg

ChinaNoNameClip.jpg

Next favorite is the UZI, suffers from the same exposed writing end syndrome. Yeah you can twist the end until its not exposed anymore, who has got that kind of time? Note the gel crown cover.

UZITop.jpg

UZI.jpg

And a few others....

Left to right: A1 Body Guard, Fury (actually has a yellow warning label on box "Banned by the TSA") also has a glow in the dark implant in the crown (so you don't poke you eye out with it in the dark?), Tom Anderson Twister (extremely light weight, but tough), No name China made bad boy (very heavy, can be used to bludgeon an opponent) seriously its too heavy to use as a pen.

TacticalPenGroup.jpg

All those pens look cool and everything but they all look more like a weapon than they look like a pen.
    If I see a guy with that on his desk I will think "oh he has a tactical pen, he must be into self defense/martial arts etc".If he has a Jotter pen I would think "oh he has a pen on his desk".

No to mention the price, I dont think any of those are $12 to $20 like the Jotters are.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    All those pens look cool and everything but they all look more like a weapon than they look like a pen.
    If I see a guy with that on his desk I will think "oh he has a tactical pen, he must be into self defense/martial arts etc".If he has a Jotter pen I would think "oh he has a pen on his desk".

No to mention the price, I dont think any of those are $12 to $20 like the Jotters are.

For those that don't want to expose their lethality I suggest a metal Fisher space pen. Will write on anything and strong enough to poke out someone's eye. Get the one with the Marine EGA on it. $12.00 on eBay...

-gun--0002.jpg

Last edited:

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've carried a Benchmade 1100 in my uniform shirt pocket since they came out. It was really freaking expensive, but so is the rest of this gear whore crap. I absolutely love it and take it everywhere. I've flown with it a couple of times, including international, and haven't received any flack from security. The fisher space cartridge will write on anything, and pairs nice with Write In The Rain pad.
    http://www.benchmade.com/products/1100

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    For those who have taken my Flashlight Combatives class you know I'm not a fan of flashlights that try to be knives. The same thing applies to pens as well. In non-permissive environments the tool should look like a simple, ordinary tool. Crazy, spiky flashlights and pens look cool, but come with significant disadvantages.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    For those who have taken my Flashlight Combatives class you know I'm not a fan of flashlights that try to be knives. The same thing applies to pens as well. In non-permissive environments the tool should look like a simple, ordinary tool. Crazy, spiky flashlights and pens look cool, but come with significant disadvantages.
    \

Agreed

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    I always carry a Fisher telescoping pen. Not because it's "tactical" but because it is small, writes upside down and is a great talking point with my clients.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Picked up a Jotter the other day when I stopped in at Staple's on the recommendations from this thread.

Nice pen and not so expensive that I'll feel very bad when I lose it. ;)

Dang. I lost my pen.

Feels worse than I suspected. :(

I did find a new one I'd like to try but I'm not sure of the model: Pen removed from woman

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Picked up a Zebra F-701 at Staple's this morning. :yesway:

Less expensive than the stainless Jotter and I like the feel of it better.

Slightly larger and has knurling on the grip.

Sadly, it is only a matter of time until I lose this one too. :(

Now I need to go stab something... :D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Picked up a Zebra F-701 at Staple's this morning. :yesway:

Less expensive than the stainless Jotter and I like the feel of it better.

Slightly larger and has knurling on the grip.

For those exact reasons I find myself with the F701 in my pocket much more often (like right now). :yesway:

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    i came up with my own design that i'm trying to bring to market. I call it the I.S. (impact scribe). The first few are free if you promise to do a review afterwards. Send me a pm with the headline "vitamink, i want your tactical pen i.s." then fill the body of the message with what you'd do with my pen i.s. if i gave it to you for free.

I'll post the winners messages on here.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Someone very close to me bought me a tactial pen and I use it daily. It is a Tuffwriter Titanium EDC series.

It is a little on the heavy side, but I like the finish and design. Very sleek design, no branding so you don't get scrutiny from security. I have flown 3 times with it without a word from security. The pointy end is sharp enough to do some damage but not too sharp to drop in your pocket.

I really like the fact that it uses the Fisher Space Pen refills too!

Worst part is probably the price....but hey it comes with a Pelican case:D

Tuff Writer Blasted Satin Titanium Pen

Top Bottom