• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    So the prosecutor who has the "public integrity unit" has her feelings hurt because she (to what I consider) lost her public integrity when she got arrested, charged and convicted with driving almost three times the legal limit. She refused to step down, now I bet she is wanting harsh sentences for people who blew the same BAC that she did even though she got a slap on the wrist. I don't follow Texas politics or Rick Perry in general, but bravo for putting a threat out there and following through.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This may push me into supporting Perry. I am thinking you can't go wrong with the guy the libtards hate the most, if for no other reason than entertainment value from the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Texans may like him (heck, he's been the governor since W left to be president), but he doesn't appeal to the rest of the country. With this over his head, his chances of getting nominated get even smaller. If he does run I'm sure this bit will be brought up plenty at the GOP debates.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Speaking of corruption, the DA in question is under an ethics investigation for using campaign funds to pay for a lawyer to represent her in the DWI case, LOL.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Sounds like, as far as these charges are concerned, the only thing he did wrong was to tell her that he was going to veto her budget if she didn't resign

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm not certain why any of this should surprise anyone. Does anyone remember how Rep. Tom DeLay was forced to resign over phony felony charges which were conveniently dropped before they came to trial? One thing you can say about Democrats; once they find a technique that works, they use it until it doesn't work anymore. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if these "felony" charges go quietly away once their political purpose has been accomplished.

Don't be sad, mrjarrell, I'm sure the Democrats will come up with something else to smear Perry before 2016. It will be bull smack, but I'm sure they'll come up with SOMETHING, and their lapdog media outlets will trumpet it across the nation. Count me in with Expat, I'm liking Perry more and more.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Is everyone thinking this through? Publicly stating that you will veto funding to X until a political foe resigns from an elected office? This makes a governor a hero in some peoples eyes? A pendulum swings in two directions, folks.

Apparently the smart glasses aren't working. Why would you ever say that in public?

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Be sure not to be led by the media ring in your nose. Perry didn't do any of what is being reported. The entire thing is related to Perry defying Barack Hussein regarding the Texas border issue with the illegals. The entire thing is fabricated for revenge. It's the only mode Barack Hussein knows. Understand it for what it is.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Be sure not to be led by the media ring in your nose. Perry didn't do any of what is being reported. The entire thing is related to Perry defying Barack Hussein regarding the Texas border issue with the illegals. The entire thing is fabricated for revenge. It's the only mode Barack Hussein knows. Understand it for what it is.

You say this in nearly every thread. In addition, referring to the president as Barack Hussein doesn't any garner respect from a thinking person. You come off as unhinged.

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    He'd stand zero chance of getting the nomination with 2 felony indictments hanging over his head. And, if the are resolved against him he'll be a felon. This is a political career killer for him.

This, and other similar nonsense by Barack Hussein and his cronies, will only strengthen the GOP candidates in both 2014 and 2016. This sleaze is the only thing Barack Hussein knows, and is to be expected from him, but his day is almost up and there is no next office for him. This nonsense can only hurt the Dems of 2014 & 2016. They can't get rid of Barack Hussein quickly enough.

Bravo-4-2

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    You say this in nearly every thread. In addition, referring to the president as Barack Hussein doesn't any garner respect from a thinking person. You come off as unhinged.

Have your love affair with Barack Hussein if you wish but don't try to suggest that it makes me the one who isn't a "thinking person." Your post has won you that title.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So the Republican scandal is that he felt the person was not fit for public office due to placing said public at risk with DWIs and being restrained by the police, so he tried to run them out because of their transgressions? *gasp*

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    When your scandal is that you tried to force out politicians who are behaving badly, then you're pretty much squeaky clean in my book.

I realize INGO isn't a fan of the rule of law, but wouldn't a legislative effort be the correct path? No one is going to dispute Perry's call for a resignation, but shutting down government because you don't get that resignation is actual tyranny - a word INGO loves to throw around. Besides, she served her time. In evaluating this scenario, the previous actions of the DA are irrelevant.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    It makes me want to giggle that Rick Perry actually got indicted. Out of all the abuses of power in the government this is one that gets indicted? I guess he should just plead the 5th since that's what Holder and Lerner have done and are still doing. All these demo-rats have nothing but hate for people who have morals or choose to do the right thing.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom