• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I do not blame Rick Perry one bit for wanting to see the tramp resign her officer. She really showed her big a-- when she was arrested. Personally I kinda like Governor Perry. I do not know anything about Texas law but the felony charges sound pretty dang political to me. And just because the grand jury came back with a true Bill doesn't mean a crime has been committed. Like everyone else he gets his day in court and is innocent until proven guilty. Whatcha wanna bet that there will be no trial?

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I do not blame Rick Perry one bit for wanting to see the tramp resign her officer. She really showed her big a-- when she was arrested. Personally I kinda like Governor Perry. I do not know anything about Texas law but the felony charges sound pretty dang political to me. And just because the grand jury came back with a true Bill doesn't mean a crime has been committed. Like everyone else he gets his day in court and is innocent until proven guilty. Whatcha wanna bet that there will be no trial?

That's not things work in INGO land. If someone is disliked, guilt is presumed and no amount of evidence to the contrary will dissuade. The fact that it will probably never see the light of day in a courtroom will only serve to strengthen the shouts of Hang'em High.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Everyone knows that drunk driving leads to dead children. I am shocked that the INGO cabal is supporting dead children.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You say this in nearly every thread. In addition, referring to the president as Barack Hussein doesn't any garner respect from a thinking person. You come off as unhinged.

No love for Obama here, but I agree with level.eleven.
    +1

You do know that is obummers actual name right? He's not making it up out of thin air.

lol

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I realize INGO isn't a fan of the rule of law, but wouldn't a legislative effort be the correct path? No one is going to dispute Perry's call for a resignation, but shutting down government because you don't get that resignation is actual tyranny - a word INGO loves to throw around. Besides, she served her time. In evaluating this scenario, the previous actions of the DA are irrelevant.
    While I am no expert on Texas law, the constitutions of most states grant the governor the veto authority which is to be used at his sole discretion. This power may not be constrained by statute since it is a constitutional grant of authority.

If the people of Texas don't like what Rick Perry did, they should vote him out. From where I sit I don't see there being anything illegal about his use of the veto authority since it is given to him by the Texas constitution. There is a ton of caselaw on this and I doubt this sees trial.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I realize INGO isn't a fan of the rule of law, but wouldn't a legislative effort be the correct path? No one is going to dispute Perry's call for a resignation, but shutting down government because you don't get that resignation is actual tyranny - a word INGO loves to throw around. Besides, she served her time. In evaluating this scenario, the previous actions of the DA are irrelevant.

It makes me want to giggle that Rick Perry actually got indicted. Out of all the abuses of power in the government this is one that gets indicted? I guess he should just plead the 5th since that's what Holder and Lerner have done and are still doing. All these demo-rats have nothing but hate for people who have morals or choose to do the right thing.

It's not like the Democrats are pursuing this because they hate tyranny. Of all the examples of tyrannical government actions lately, this is pretty mild. Not that I condone what perry did, but I'd rather people fight against tyranny because it's wrong, rather than to destroy a political enemy so they can impose their own. In Texas, I think this may be going nowhere.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    So he gets indicted for vetoing a bill that would give millions to a DA offices that was arrested for a DUI...... a very LEFT LEANING DA..... and now the VERY LEFT LEANING Travis County is filing charges.....

NOPE, not fishy at all. Nothing to see here folks.....

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    So he gets indicted for vetoing a bill that would give millions to a DA offices that was arrested for a DUI...... a very LEFT LEANING DA..... and now the VERY LEFT LEANING Travis County is filing charges.....

NOPE, not fishy at all. Nothing to see here folks.....

Ding Ding. Winner.

The Public Integrity Unit is a state function vested in a local DA office (which seems an odd arrangement, but there it is). That's why Governor Perry has veto authority. Which he used. The DA lacks integrity, period. This makes at least twice that she has abused her own office. It's the only way the Dems have any chance of making any headway. It's the Tom Delay strategy again. Good luck to Governor Perry.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    karate-fail-o.gif

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Is everyone thinking this through? Publicly stating that you will veto funding to X until a political foe resigns from an elected office? This makes a governor a hero in some peoples eyes? A pendulum swings in two directions, folks.

Apparently the smart glasses aren't working. Why would you ever say that in public?

How's it any different then the Democrats saying they won't pass a budget through the Senate until the House complies with Harry Reid and all those other dirtbags reckless spending mentality for a budget?

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    How's it any different then the Democrats saying they won't pass a budget through the Senate until the House complies with Harry Reid and all those other dirtbags reckless spending mentality for a budget?

Because the Desmocats control everything. Even the drunk DA would have been replaced by another Desmocat seeing they are in Austin. Call out the National guard against Odumma's wishes and next thing you know you are under indictment.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Because the Desmocats control everything. Even the drunk DA would have been replaced by another Desmocat seeing they are in Austin. Call out the National guard against Odumma's wishes and next thing you know you are under indictment.

I have to admit, because of a little dyslexia on first read I thought you said "Destrocrat". Heh, wondered, well, Destro can be a bit abrasive at times, but what the heck you got against him?

I've seem some fairly obscure contortions of political names, and it's not all that hard to figure out "Odumma". But what is a Desmocrat?

Top Bottom