• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I hear all this talk about "breaking the law," but I don't know whether crossing the border without a visa is a misdemeanor or felony. I'm under the impression that it actually belongs to the category of administrative violation, like speeding or parking next to a hydrant. Under the current law, they don't serve time for it or get fined for it. So to me that says our system regards crossing border without a visa somewhat better than a speeding ticket.

It's a low level misdemeanor. Doesn't even carry jail time. We used to have a decent guest worker program for Mexicans and others till the congress screwed it up. We can have thousands of technically trained foreigners come here, but the numbers of blue collar immigrants allowed in are woefully inadequate to our needs. All it would take is for the republicans to go back to what we had before they and their buddies screwed it up and everything would be fine.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Fixed that for you :):

I'm sorry that people chose to break the law to come here. I'm sorry that these illegal immigrants are exploited. But most of all I'm sorry that people think these law breakers should be rewarded.

Oh, they are getting rewarded.................. LA county alone.............

LA County to pay $650 million in welfare benefits to illegal immigrants | The Daily Caller

According to the report, about 100,000 children of 60,000 illegal immigrant parents receive about $54 million in welfare payments a month — $20 million in CalWORKs benefits and $34 million in food stamps — up from $53 million in July 2012.

“When you add the $550 million for public safety and nearly $500 million for healthcare, the total cost for illegal immigrants to county taxpayers exceeds $1.6 billion dollars a year,” CBS Los Angeles quoted Antonovich.

“These costs do not even include the hundreds of millions of dollars spent annually for education,” he added.

[video=youtube;5NNOrp_83RU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NNOrp_83RU[/video]

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You Nancys are right. No border fence necessary.

automated machine gun targets people from 3 miles - YouTube
    Rheinmetall Air Defence : NBS MANTIS - YouTube
    korea-dodamm-super-aegis-autonomos-robot-gun-turret.JPG

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I hear all this talk about "breaking the law," but I don't know whether crossing the border without a visa is a misdemeanor or felony. I'm under the impression that it actually belongs to the category of administrative violation, like speeding or parking next to a hydrant. Under the current law, they don't serve time for it or get fined for it. So to me that says our system regards crossing border without a visa somewhat better than a speeding ticket.
    Except for that whole impact on society thing, and the cost to the taxpayers. But why should the government worry about that?

And the costs to the State in healthcare, and education. And what's worse is the fact that many legal immigrants are specifically denied these benefits; illegal immigrants are actually better off than legal immigrants

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

It's a low level misdemeanor. Doesn't even carry jail time.

Actually it's up to 6mo imprisonment for the 1st time, 2 yrs 2nd and subsequent commission. What you are thinking of is a secondary civil offense if caught entering or attempting to enter which can be in addition to the criminal penalties.
    8 U.S.C. § 1325 : US Code - Section 1325: Improper entry by alien
    a) Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection; misrepresentation and concealment of facts Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both. (b) Improper time or place; civil penalties Any alien who is apprehended while entering (or attempting to enter) the United States at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers shall be subject to a civil penalty of - (1) at least $50 and not more than $250 for each such entry (or attempted entry); or (2) twice the amount specified in paragraph (1) in the case of an alien who has been previously subject to a civil penalty under this subsection. Civil penalties under this subsection are in addition to, and not in lieu of, any criminal or other civil penalties that may be imposed. - See more at: 8 U.S.C. § 1325 : US Code - Section 1325: Improper entry by alien

I'm guessing if we went after illegals and actually locked them up, it would drop off. It what they are coming here for is just to work and make money, it's hard to do that when you're serving time.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I see George Soros' Media Matters has apparently issued a new article to the liberal news outlets stating that Reagan and Bush 41 both did the same kind of EO and no one disagreed with them doing it, so this must be racism.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I see George Soros' Media Matters has apparently issued a new article to the liberal news outlets stating that Reagan and Bush 41 both did the same kind of EO and no one disagreed with them doing it, so this must be racism.
    And I don't agree with what their decision on amnesty either. But I was too young to have an interest in either of Reagan or Bush, so barring time travel it is somewhat difficult for me to protest their actions.
    People are objecting because amnesty has been shown to be wholly ineffective at stemming the tide of illegal immigrants. Instead it gives them the hope that if they run down the clock then they'll get their citizenship too

America seems to be the only country in the world where the enforcement of immigration controls and border security is considered racist.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Not exactly.
    Germany for one German Press Review on Court Ruling Allowing Police Checks Based on Skin Color - SPIEGEL ONLINE
    I imagine that other West European countries have the same issue, but I am not going to do any more searching.
    The clear distinction between the US and German system is that the German system was specifically set up to target ethic minorities. Also Germany is still a largely homogenic society that is significantly less diverse than the United States.
    I am in favour of anyone here illegally being deported, regardless of the colour of their skin. The Canadian who overstayed his work visa is not here any more legally than the Panamanian who crossed the southern border.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Maybe President Obama should read to his own book: The Audacity of Hope.

From the audio version:
    There’s no denying that many blacks share the same anxieties as many whites about the wave of illegal immigration flooding our Southern border. The number of immigrants added to the labor force every year is of a magnitude not seen in this country for over a century. If this huge influx of mostly low-skill workers provides some benefits to the economy as a whole, it also threatens to depress further the wages of blue-collar Americans and put strains on an already overburdened safety net.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Maybe President Obama should read to his own book: The Audacity of Hope.

From the audio version:
    He knows what it'll cause. It's just that he doesn't care for the consequences for the low skilled workers who will see further competition for jobs. He cares that his party will have a new voting bloc that helps keep them in power.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm not certain that he'll get his wish for a new voting bloc, despite the conventional wisdom, but what he MAY be angling for is further balkanization of American society, which will destabilize the country more than having Demoncrats in perpetual power in Washington. It was the amalgamation of immigrants into the American society that created the strength of our nation, not "diversity". Diversity is the celebration of our differences at a time when we really need to be pulling together.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I'm not certain that he'll get his wish for a new voting bloc, despite the conventional wisdom, but what he MAY be angling for is further balkanization of American society, which will destabilize the country more than having Demoncrats in perpetual power in Washington. It was the amalgamation of immigrants into the American society that created the strength of our nation, not "diversity". Diversity is the celebration of our differences at a time when we really need to be pulling together.
    I'm interested in hearing why you think that there will be no new voting bloc, unless you mean that instead an existing one (Latinos) will be expanded. This Executive Order will benefit mainly people from Southern and Central America. Historically these people support the Democrat position, and are more likely to stay that way if a Democrat POTUS grants them amnesty, and access to public assistance.
    Diversity is not always a bad thing. But it hurts us when we focus on our differences instead of our common ground.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Any of you guys ever worked in the fields all day? Planting,picking,weeding....ever carried a bundle of shingles Up a ladder or lay them on a hot roof?
    Have you fought in a foreign land for a country that your not a citizen of?
    Next time you go to the grocery I hope you appreciate the people that break their backs, sweat their balls off so you can live an easy life.

Oh boy.. someone is breaking out the work we won't do argument. I've done all of those things at some point in my life.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Oh boy.. someone is breaking out the work we won't do argument. I've done all of those things at some point in my life.

I guess it is projection. Because he has never done manual labor, he doesn't think anyone else has either.

Top Bottom