The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Do you see any frothing/gnashing anymore, now with the election over? Or is that just a quip that everyone is going to instead of joining the conversation about policy and goings-on?

There is no shortage of it in this thread. I'll hold off on conversations about policy and goings-on until the man takes office and actually begins his term. If he does stupid **** I'll call him on it, if he does good **** I'll give him credit.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Lol. Trump could cure cancer tomorrow and there would still be frothing at the mouth and gnashing of teeth on this forum.
    Or they would claim Obama already had it cured and Trump is just taking credit.

Do you see any frothing/gnashing anymore, now with the election over? Or is that just a quip that everyone is going to instead of joining the conversation about policy and goings-on?
    So no conversation on process, just policy... but what is goings-on? Wouldn't your constant teeth gnashing be a goings-on?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, I don't get that. The man is making decisions every day regarding his presidency. And that's the way it is supposed to be.

Already, his proffered SecDef requires Congressional action before Trump is even sworn in. It doesn't make sense to ignore what he's actually doing until some magical moment during his inauguration.

Unless the view is pleasant with one's head in the sand.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There is no shortage of it in this thread. I'll hold off on conversations about policy and goings-on until the man takes office and actually begins his term. If he does stupid **** I'll call him on it, if he does good **** I'll give him credit.

He's already taking on the job, is it verboten to talk about his actions now? Where do you stand on his incessant use of twitter?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Somewhat like how Obama takes credit for improving the economy..... Or killing osama bin laden

The economy is a different animal. Once can be in the right place at the right time and reap the benefits. The Obama administration was in office when millions of jobs were created. Is that a result of his policy; that's a much more complicated question to answer, and would be exhaustive to research. As far a killing Osama Bin Laden, yeah, he gets credit for that as much as any American president gets credit for any military accomplishment under their watch. You have to have a special way of thinking to not give the man credit for that.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

I didn't notice you taking the high, wait and see road when we were debating the carrier deal in another thread. If he's making moves there's no reason not to discuss them as they occur.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    The economy is a different animal. Once can be in the right place at the right time and reap the benefits. The Obama administration was in office when millions of jobs were created. Is that a result of his policy; that's a much more complicated question to answer, and would be exhaustive to research. As far a killing Osama Bin Laden, yeah, he gets credit for that as much as any American president gets credit for any military accomplishment under their watch. You have to have a special way of thinking to not give the man credit for that.

Not in my book, doesnt matter who was in office, the end result would have been the same given the 10+ years of searching. He was just a puppet in that situation, I give the CIA the credit.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I didn't notice you taking the high, wait and see road when we were debating the carrier deal in another thread. If he's making moves there's no reason not to discuss them as they occur.

You'll notice I dropped out of that conversation, emotions were heavily outweighing logic and that is well outside of my comfort zone.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There is no shortage of it in this thread.

Then we need to define what you believe is "gnashing". Are you treating criticism and speculation as gnashing?

Wouldn't your constant teeth gnashing be a goings-on?

Are you so beholden to the man that you view criticism as "gnashing"? I don't think I've been all that negative lately. Actually quite the opposite. Have you noticed that, or are you also being lazy and just tossing out the super-clever quips?

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I hope so, I'm in my mid 20's and it seems lately like time is just flying by, who has time to read any more?

It goes fast Jludo....One day you may have a child and then in what will only seem like three years you will be looking at a full grown adult asking for your car keys and say, "What??? What happened? You wear bras now???? Where are you going? C'mon and listen to "The Cat's in the Cradle" with your dad...What do you mean you don't like Barbie dolls anymore??? HONEY!!!!!! SOMEONE REPLACED OUR DAUGHTER WITH SOME TEENAGER!!!!!"

:)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not in my book, doesnt matter who was in office, the end result would have been the same given the 10+ years of searching. He was just a puppet in that situation, I give the CIA the credit.

You do know it gets harder to find people as years pass, not easier, right?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The economy is a different animal. Once can be in the right place at the right time and reap the benefits. The Obama administration was in office when millions of jobs were created. Is that a result of his policy; that's a much more complicated question to answer, and would be exhaustive to research.
    Presidential influence on the economy has been researched for quite awhile - and it is nominal. Or at least "mixed." There's just too many variables (which, BTW, is why command economies have issues).

I can remember when Clinton (Bill) hit Bush (GHW) with "Its the economy, stupid." Didn't really make sense back then and still doesn't.

Even "Reaganomics" was an expression of policy that may or may not have made a difference.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom