The video of Sam Dubose's death is so bad, Cincinnati is prepping for riots.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Nothing screams social justice like burning your neighborhood down and getting some free tennis shoes and toilet paper.

:popcorn:

Okay, I posted this on page one before getting caught up with the discussion...still...

Last edited:

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Nothing screams social justice like burning your neighborhood down and getting some free tennis shoes and toilet paper.

:popcorn:

Okay, I posted this on page one before getting caught up with the discussion...still...

Let's start a business where we train Rooftop Koreans and can have them quickly deployed throughout the country during times of riots to protect store fronts.

Man, those Koreans were awesome in the LA riots. They didn't take **** from anyone. Rooftops with rifles, on the ground with pistols. You loot their store, you're gonna get shot at.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    The full video:

[video=youtube;Z0cdejrSjyc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=117&v=Z0cdejrSjyc[/video]

This one includes the full context.

So the officer noticed the gin bottle on the floor and requested it, then placed it on the roof. It looked full, hard to tell. It was not handed to him in lieu of the driver's license, as was initially reported.

It does appear that the driver reached to change gears, and that's when the officer pulled his gun and shot him in the head.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Now after watching in slow-motion, I can see that the cop started to open the car door and the driver pulled it back closed.

Then the officer reached for the driver's seatbelt release, and that's when he put the car in gear?

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    The full video:

[video=youtube;Z0cdejrSjyc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=117&v=Z0cdejrSjyc[/video]

This one includes the full context.

So the officer noticed the gin bottle on the floor and requested it, then placed it on the roof. It looked full, hard to tell. It was not handed to him in lieu of the driver's license, as was initially reported.

It does appear that the driver reached to change gears, and that's when the officer pulled his gun and shot him in the head.

What do you guys think?

I am not a LEO or a lawyer. It doesn't seem like the LEO was playing hard ass. Seemed like he was trying to get the guy out of the car, which I think at that point is his prerogative.

Maybe a headshot wasn't necessary, but if your arm is in the car and the driver is lit and appears to be ready to speed off, well, it is a tough choice to make. Wasn't like he pulled the guy over and ran up there like ****ing Rambo. (the movie guy, not INGO member)

I think the Texas guy was a douche bag, this guy seemed to be trying to run things by the book. If he is being charged with murder, I can't imagine it will stick, unless Sharpton and Clinton are picking the jury.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But why did he have to shoot him? I didn't see anything that looked like it'd require deadly force.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    miguel said:
    It doesn't seem like the LEO was playing hard ass. Seemed like he was trying to get the guy out of the car, which I think at that point is his prerogative.

I would tend to agree.

miguel said:
    Maybe a headshot wasn't necessary, but if your arm is in the car and the driver is lit and appears to be ready to speed off, well, it is a tough choice to make.

That gin bottle was dang near full, if not sealed. Considering that he didn't arrest the guy after finding it or even mention it, I'm inclined to believe that it was sealed. I definitely don't think the driver appeared 'lit'.

As to his arm... it sure seems quicker, easier, and safer to pull your arm out than to start shooting blindly.

That said, this didn't look like malice to me. It looked like panic and incompetence.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Is it typical to pull a guy out of the car for not having his license on him? I could see it after he ran his SSN and determined it to be suspended or something.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would tend to agree.

That gin bottle was dang near full, if not sealed. Considering that he didn't arrest the guy after finding it or even mention it, I'm inclined to believe that it was sealed. I definitely don't think the driver appeared 'lit'.

As to his arm... it sure seems quicker, easier, and safer to pull your arm out than to start shooting blindly.

That said, this didn't look like malice to me. It looked like panic and incompetence.

When the guy started the car the officer moved his arm from inside the car to pull his gun. At that point he was in no danger from being drug. WTF did he need to pull his gun for that? Why shoot?

Agreed, it didn't look like malice. It looked exactly like panic and incompetence and probably poor training. When stuff like that happens you react and hopefully your training helps you react in the best way for the situation. His reaction was very puzzling.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Is it typical to pull a guy out of the car for not having his license on him? I could see it after he ran his SSN and determined it to be suspended or something.

No idea. Not sure and anything I say wouldn't be based on any LEO policy, it would just be my opinion.

I definitely don't think the driver appeared 'lit'.

I have no BAC on dude, so you may be right. I was basing it on the fact they guy sounded drunk, but I'm admittedly a grammar nazi.

[video=youtube;znS3gXjGCiU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znS3gXjGCiU[/video]

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The full video:

What do you guys think?

The bottle looked sealed to me. And I see nothing to justify the use of deadly force.

And I have to be downtown for a couple of days coming up soon... nice.

I'll be in Western Hills/Delhi. Doubtful we'll be downtown (thankfully), but if you see me, wave!

Typical? Who knows. But it is unambiguously lawful, which is all that really matters.

The driver was in the wrong in multiple ways, up to and including fleeing a traffic stop.

When the guy started the car the officer moved his arm from inside the car to pull his gun. At that point he was in no danger from being drug. WTF did he need to pull his gun for that? Why shoot?

Agreed, it didn't look like malice. It looked exactly like panic and incompetence and probably poor training. When stuff like that happens you react and hopefully your training helps you react in the best way for the situation. His reaction was very puzzling.

Agreed. I see an unjustified shooting in the heat of the moment, which would fall under Ohio's voluntary manslaughter statute, IMHO.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Already heard Mike McConnell (WLW) talking about this a bit.
    I'll believe it's really as bad as they say when the raw video actually indicates that it is.
    KOS and Alternet are less than worthless.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    This one is rather complicated. I certainly think the officer was at risk of being drug by the vehicle, but I'm siding that lethal force wasn't necessary.

It's important to note the hand he drew his weapon with was not in the vehicle. The hand in the vehicle appears to be withdrawn after the shot was fired. Perhaps it was under the belt or the suspect had grabbed it? I can't really tell.

I don't know why he lied though. His initial false reporting makes me much less likely to side with him on this issue. I definitely don't think he planned on killing anyone that day, but that's what happened.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    It looked like the officer was knocked down by the car pulling away. I figure that indicates that the car could have dragged him or ran him over if things had gone differently.

Either way, the driver bought the result by trying to take off. The driver took a ****ty situation and decided to make it much worse. The cop reacted (maybe incorrectly), but he reacted to the action of the driver, who caused the problem.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, at least one thing the video pretty clearly establishes, it was not racially motivate and it wasn't premeditated. It was clearly an unnecessary reaction to what the driver did.

Top Bottom