• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I had a Beretta 92FS...Shot a cat 4 times, and still didn't kill it. I know I needed to shoot the cat 6 more times to kill it, but I think you get my point. The 40 S&W is a much better round, with 45 Auto being KING!!! Onto the handgun in 9mm, the Springfield XD Sub Compact is a fantastic weapon and can be bought for just $435.00 (New). It is a 9mm but the best gun you have is the one you have when you need it!!!!

Hit the kill zone Herndon, quit torturing cats! :D

How's the boy doing? Mine finally finished boot and is off to medic training.

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    I had started thinking .357 and using the .38 as practice/plinking.

budsgunshop.com has the S&W 9VE I've been looking at in the .40 for the same price as the 9MM. I've got my tax fun money to play with now, decisions decisions.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2011
    Greene County
    Hit the kill zone Herndon, quit torturing cats! :D

How's the boy doing? Mine finally finished boot and is off to medic training.

Doing good. He has been in school since last July. He should be finishing "A" School around May Then off to "C" school. A lot of studying and I think he is tired of reading all of time. Besides that all is well. Glad your son made it! Come see me some time. As for the cat goes..."so many cats, so few of recipes"

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    I had started thinking .357 and using the .38 as practice/plinking.

budsgunshop.com has the S&W 9VE I've been looking at in the .40 for the same price as the 9MM. I've got my tax fun money to play with now, decisions decisions.
    Might want to check out ammo prices before going for the revolver. "Plinking" 38 Spl is about the same price as .40 - roughly 1/3 higher than 9mm. SD rounds in .357 can be twice the cost of the same round in 9mm.

Just saying...

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    Long before the double action pistols were affordable, I carried my Browning Hi Power. It is very comfortable in my hands and easy to control the recoil. I didn't carry it lock and load. But I did have a round in the chamber. All I need to do if time was available is pull the hammer back and ready to go. But then, not many knew that Hi power was a single action pistol when pointing at them.

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    I've set the word out with friends and family to see if someone might have a unused treasure they might want to part with.

Barring that I decided to go for a Springfield XD 9mm 4" barrel.

Big J

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2011
    Evansville
    Best advice I received earlier was find a gun that fits you. Look at the grip, trigger reach and pull etc. You will get a different answer from everyone who replies to you. None of the are wrong. Check out the companys reputation for customer service.

Good luck

kenjb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You can get a Kel-Tec PF9 new for under $300. Six in the mag and one in the chamber. I have had mine for about a year now. It has served me very well.

Actually, KT has a new mag for the PF9 that has a deeper "bottom plate" that allows another round, and there is a kit for sale to convert earlier mags. I have both, and the difference in the grip is enormous and really neat.

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    Ruger lc9 is what carry everyday and it is very comfortable. I have about 200 rounds through it with no malfunctions yet. It is a newer model so aftermarket parts are limited. You really need to do your homework because there are so may options out there. I have a Glock 26 and it is flawless but i find the width to be uncomfortable for iwb carry. If size is not that big of deal to you its hard to beat a glock. but i would stay with any of the major manufacturers like glock, SW, ruger, springfield armory, sig, kahr.

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    The search is over.

Well, things didn't workout with Mag from the site so I didn't get the Springfield.

After a lot of searching around I finally found something I couldn't live without. Having decided to do mostly OC I decided on a Mosin Nagant. Yeah that's right, the search for a replacement pistol has ended me up with a 1939 Mosin Nagant. I came across the at Welcome It came with 2 ammo pouches, tools, bayonet, and sling. Made in Russia, at Ivrek? 1939 is is the date on the piece. Apparently the 2 crates that were received where never issued, just sitting in a warehouse in Russia somewhere. Ammo is on order, I'm stoked about giving it a ride this next weekend.

I also picked up a Mossberg .22 tactical while I was there. :ar15:

New pistol can wait, I couldn't pass up the Mosin.:rockwoot:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Keep it simple in 9mm...Glock 19 or 26 will do you fine for many years to come.

If you get a G-26 and want a longer grip, just put an A&G Grip Spacer on a G-19 Mag and BAM....you have a full-sized grip in a subcompact sized pistol! Don't fret about accuracy...those little boogers are very accurate!

If you're wanting a revolver...the standard in self-defense revolvers is a .357mag that will shoot .38's as well (although I have a few friends who simply purchased .38's and they are very happy with their choices!)...and most tend to be a) very reliable, b) fairly accurate, and c) easily concealable! Revolvers are available from a) RUGER, b) Smith & Wesson, c) Taurus, d) Charter Arms, e) Rossi, etc...just to name a few.

If you're wanting a 9mm revolver...Smith & Wesson makes their 940 model and Taurus has a few as well.

If you're wanting a .40 S&W revolver, then check out the Smith & Wesson, there's one from Charter Arms as well as from Taurus.

I wish Ruger still made a 9mm revolver...their frame design is unbeatable for ruggedness and their guns have great reliability!

Good Luck!

Gulfstreamer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Evansville,IN
    As with many of the responses on here, you can never go wrong with the Glock 19. Carry mine almost everyday and never have any issues using it at the range. Great price and reliability is definitely on par.

Top Bottom