• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Never been to the 1500, they have areas where you can try the product?

Not that I know of. I'm sure the Marion county residents would just love to hear some gunfire from the Fairgrounds. Probably think it was another Over 18 dance party.

I meant find one that will fit my large hands well enough. I can always use my phone to look up range reports as I go.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    In 9mm I like shooting the Glock 19, that being said I have shot the KelTec PF9 and liked it. The guy had many rounds through it with no problems and it was surprisingly easy to shoot. I don't know about the LC9 but a friend just bought one and I'll get to shoot it soon. My EDC is the LCP and I cannot say enough good about it, I assume the LC9 is equal to it only in 9mm.

rn7554

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    In 9mm I like shooting the Glock 19, that being said I have shot the KelTec PF9 and liked it. The guy had many rounds through it with no problems and it was surprisingly easy to shoot. I don't know about the LC9 but a friend just bought one and I'll get to shoot it soon. My EDC is the LCP and I cannot say enough good about it, I assume the LC9 is equal to it only in 9mm.
    +1 for LCP, I carry one and love mine.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    There are just so many to chose from but 2 i'd think you'd really enjoy are the glock 19 and my personal favorite, the beretta px4 storm. Both are very sweet guns and are a blast to shoot.

kmorris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Do people on the forum trade for Hi-Points? I have a Hi-Point 40 that I would like to trade for a 9mm and don't see many Hi-Points on the wanted forum.

Rocknhawk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2011
    Indianapolis
    My first gun was a Glock 23. It's a 40 and I like it okay, but I feel like I "upgraded" to my 9mm Beretta 92fs. It's bigger than the Glock and a little harder to conceal, but I've been carrying it instead of the Glock for awhile now and am really comfortable with/comforted by it.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Ruger LC9

I would caution you away from keltec. The Ruger LC9 is a budget gun in 9mm. A lot of fun at the range and small enough to tuck away about anywhere. They can be had for $350 and sometimes less. My brother in Law shot mine tonight and has decided to get one tomorrow. Also you cannot go wrong with Khar if you want to spend a bit more. I certainly don't have anything negative to say about Glock, it is just that there size takes some getting used to in carry. Never underestimate the 38 snubbie. Charter arms makes an efficient 38 for $300. The big deal with 9 is that they are a through and through gun. Be ware of what is behind your target. I did see some nice rounds in a shop the other day that have knockdown power edgily will not pass through drywall. For what it is worth. I like my LC9

I've had my eye on a Glock. I've been reading more about the Kel-Tecs. I do like the availability of accessories for the Glock. There was a Ruger, forget the model, that had a very nice price point $365.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    I'm with you on the Hi Point man. If I had to go out west and needed powerful sidearm for a specific hunt which required quick draw if thing went bad I'd have to pick up a 45. It would take a very specific purpose though.

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    Held a Keltec over the weekend. Don't recall what model, but I didn't like it. It starts at the grip, if it doesn't feel well in the hand it will be hard to inspire confidence in the shooter.

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    Then life rears its head.

Hopefully I've got the Bronco 2 sold this weekend. That was to be the basis for a purchase. Then I start pricing out parts of mine and my wifes rides and guess what, there goes the $$$.

Gotta get to work. Thanks for all the thoughts. Curious what I will end up with, maybe tax time.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I certainly understand how money can melt away. I have the same problem. Since you are obviously on a tight budget like me, I would like to recommend something a bit different. I recently purchased a CZ 82 in 9x18 Makarov. I know, I know, sounds like it would be difficult to find ammo etc. Actually, I found bulk Silver Bear ammo online for just over $11 a box including shipping. The 9x18 fits in between the .380 (9x17) and the 9mm Para (9x19) and its performance also falls in between the two. The CZ 82 is about the same size as a Bersa Thunder or Walther PPK. It has a frame mounted safety and a firing pin safety. You can carry it hammer down on a loaded chamber or cocked and locked for SA sweetness. The DA trigger is long but not to the extreme and the SA pull is just short and sweet. I have put a couple hundred rounds through mine and I love it. It is very concealable and comfortable in a decent IWB holster. These guns are available on Gunbroker and probably at some local gun shops if you look around. The price point will make you smile and you can use the money you saved to stockpile some bulk ammo. It is a sweet shooter and I highly recommend it. Although inexpensive, they are anything but cheap. Have fun.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    So far only one mention of Bersa.

Not expensive, well built, lifetime warranty, and very under rated by the gun public.

I picked up the high capacity model at a 1500 for $309 before tax and love it.

I also agree that the Hi Point customer service is outstanding but the slides are soft metal and they wear and peen where the round comes up out of the magazine. The one I worked on had peened the slot down the middle together enough to stop the slide from it's full travel. Hi Point sent back basically a new pistol.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    So far only one mention of Bersa.

Not expensive, well built, lifetime warranty, and very under rated by the gun public.

I picked up the high capacity model at a 1500 for $309 before tax and love it.

I also agree that the Hi Point customer service is outstanding but the slides are soft metal and they wear and peen where the round comes up out of the magazine. The one I worked on had peened the slot down the middle together enough to stop the slide from it's full travel. Hi Point sent back basically a new pistol.
    Very true about the Bersa....I have a thunder .380(9mm kurz) that is a fantastic shooter with an amazing trigger, on the other hand my brother has a Bersa in .40 That nobody can seem to shoot for some reason. My first thought upon his report was recoil anticipation but upon shooting it for myself it doesn't seem to be the case. Perhaps it is too light or improperly balanced for the snappy .40 round and will just take some getting used too?

Femme Assise

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    There are a couple 9mm's that I would highly recommend. One would be the HK USPc 9mm. This firearm is a little higher on the price spectrum, however it is state of the art. THe recoil system implements duel springs, making it a very soft shooting gun, while it's size makes it ideal for concealed carry. HK is known for building quality firearms, and have a reputation for reliability.

Another firearm I would recommend is the Springfield XD9. It is not quite as expensive as the HK USP, but still maintains accuracy and reliability.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    The first 2 guns that come to mind that fits your requirements are:

Glock 19
    S&W M&P 9c

I have both of them. And I love them both.

I agree with these two choices along with the XD9SC.. my friend has a XD9C and it's a great little gun for the money and extras that come with it. My sister's boyfriend had a M&P9C that I borrowed for a couple months which involved a few outings to the range and a few times I carried it to see how it felt.. it was a great gun and the recoil was very manageable for it's size compared to my Glock 26..I also have had a few Glock 19's since I got into shooting and they are the best of both worlds in terms of conceal ability and service sized capacity....and the fact you can use 17 and 33 round mags is a nice perk too especially at the range!:D

Top Bottom