• ...and so much more!
  • Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Thanks to all. Rodney's visitation will be on Weds 3/5 from 4-8pm at Powell/Deckard Funeral Chapel in Bloomington. Funeral @ 1pm on Thursday. If there is anyone else here that knew him personally who would like to attend. Should be in the papers tomorrow..

rdb700

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2014
    Southern IN
    Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends . Unimaginable that anybody and especially youth can do such a thing to another human being !

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends . Unimaginable that anybody and especially youth can do such a thing to another human being !

Unimaginable? It's getting all too common place. Televised capital punishment with no censorship might be a start but it will never happen.
    May justice be 10 fold over your crime and may Hell stoke the fires upon your arrival. Forever be damned to those that commit these horrible acts against humanity.
    RIP and prayers be for the victim and loved ones.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm thinking of the "surgery" in the movie Law Abiding Citizen.

We have to keep spreading the word to folks in rural areas. The was a rash of break-ins down in the Williams/Cale area last summer.

Scumbags figure Bedford was too far away and Shoals doesn't have anyone who'd care enough to respond.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We have to keep spreading the word to folks in rural areas. The was a rash of break-ins down in the Williams/Cale area last summer.

Scumbags figure Bedford was too far away and Shoals doesn't have anyone who'd care enough to respond.

Please also remind them to consider carrying on their person when they are at home. No matter how quickly you can get to a stashed weapon, it's going take less time accessing the weapon you have on your person. It's closer and you don't have to stop and think about which weapon is place where in which room under stress. It may be just across the room or a a step or two away, but you may not have time to cross a room or take a step or two toward a weapon. You may have to run in the opposite direction.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Anyone but me tired of hearing of 18 and 19 year olds referred to as "teens" in articles like this?

Gun control advocates consider 20+ year olds to be "children" for the purposes of their agendas.

Those monsters, if convicted, will still not get what is due them. The penalties for that kind of crime are far too lenient. They tortured and then killed Rodney in a premeditated fashion for the same financial gain that they could have worked a job for a little while. If they can be convicted on evidence then they need to cease to exist.

mrsmunk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Seymour, IN
    I'm wondering how they knew he had firearms to steal if they didn't know him.

Apparently these kids ran around with Allender's kid, at least a little bit. I'm assuming that is probably how.

I went to school with these kids. I really only knew one of them though, and haven't been around him in a few years. He was my neighbor for a couple of years and also dated my best friend for awhile. To be honest I never really liked the kid, always thought he was a lot tougher and cooler than he was. So many kids these days, especially around my age (19) have such a chip on there shoulder, even though they come from upper middle class families in small country towns like these kids. I don't get it. But maybe this tragedy happening so close to home will bring some awareness. Make people realize that anything can happen even in a small, virtually crime-free area.

So sorry for all of the families involved.

Also, I know it has already been put on here but here is the link to a fundraiser for funeral expenses.
    http://www.youcaring.com/memorial-fundraiser/funeral-expenses-for-rodney-r-allender/145181

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Another article about this murder in the Bedford paper today. Unfortunately, it's a pay site...but in case you have a subscription:

Teens shot, struck victim with baseball bat - TMNews.com: Local News

This was brutal.

Flynn told the witness that on Thursday at about 6:30 a.m. he, Hicks and Curtis had "robbed some big guy who lived out in the middle of nowhere." The witness said Flynn told him he had dressed up like a girl and walked up to the house to ask to use the telephone while Curtis and Hicks waited outside with masks on. Flynn told the witness that he had shot the man in the upper leg with a gun and had used a Taser on him. Hicks told the witness that Curtis hit the man in the head about 10 times with a composite baseball bat. Flynn and Hicks told the witness they, along with Curtis, beat the man until he gave them the combination to his gun safe. Flynn said they took money and guns from the safe.

Top Bottom