To what extent do you engage antis in your personal life?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    The people I call friends are of a like mind. They may not run in lock step with my views but they do think very closely as I do.
    Life is far to short to spend energy/time on idiots that enjoy being idiots.
    Surround your self with like minded people. Life becomes so much more pleasant.

THIS ^^^^^ You do NOT, have to "march in lock step", but you have to have some common sense, and be willing to learn, as well as to teach .....

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have a couple of in-laws like this. We don't even try to 'discus' with them any more, but neither do we step quietly and just accept their BS. Generally, a well placed fact will send them off to do opposition research until the next time we have to share space together. Arguing with them is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how brilliant your game it just struts around knocking pieces over and craping on the board. We will no longer just accept their well chewed bile and be quiet.

If they want peace...fine, they can keep their idiot ideas to themselves. If people keep forcing us back into the same space it's their problem not mine.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Me if they disagree with me I just tell them my family and personal right of safety defended with a firearm overrides any ignorant feelings they have.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Have crossed paths with many of those people over the years, have transformed most of them thru creative arguments and scenarios.
    A few of them went off the deep end, to become true blue gun rights activist.

Dont give up, keep hammering away, until the lightbulb comes on.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It's useless if he's either that ignorant or purposely intellectually dishonest.

Furthermore, the entire clause about the well regulated militia is a subordinate clause. Its function in the sentence is to provide an example why the right is necessary, not an all inclusive requirement or restriction on the right. The key part of the sentence was, is, and always will be "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

^^This. There is another quote, that when an honest man who is mistaken is shown the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or he will cease being honest. This being a truism, and the case for the 2A and related matters being so strong, we must conclude that those who oppose the freer exercise of the RKBA are not honest or have not been shown the truth. The only alternative is that they are not intelligent enough to reason and rationalize. The most frightening part of that is that they still have the same vote any of us have.

Blessings,
    Bill

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I had a conversation a couple of weeks ago with our IT guy. He's MAJORLY anti-gun, big-time liberal. Loves Obama.

Me (talking to someone else): Yeah, I'm gonna go shooting this weekend to see how my new gun performs out of the box and see if it would be one I would carry.
    Him (no joke, this is what was said): I hate guns. Only p*****s have guns. They're for people who can't fight.
    Me: So you don't wanna see a picture of my new toy? :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had a conversation a couple of weeks ago with our IT guy. He's MAJORLY anti-gun, big-time liberal. Loves Obama.

Me (talking to someone else): Yeah, I'm gonna go shooting this weekend to see how my new gun performs out of the box and see if it would be one I would carry.
    Him (no joke, this is what was said): I hate guns. Only p*****s have guns. They're for people who can't fight.

You are a kind man.
    I would ask him if he could fight.
    I hate being called a *****. Bully yeah, ***** NO

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I LOVE to be nice to *******s just to **** them off more. Call me what you want, but at the end of the day I go home with a clear conscious to my family. They love me and support me, and that's all that matters to me. Some pot-smoking, Obama loving, computer nerd that I have to deal with for WiFi issues in my ambulance has no bearing on my life. But I digress.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    The same thing goes for ...government shall make no law with respect to religion....it doesnt mean separation of church and state (which is found nowhere in the constitution)....it means that government should make not law "in preference" of ..Respect or respecting in that vernacular meant "in preference of"...the founding fathers would have killed some people for practicing certain types of religion here like Islam or Buddhism for example...they only tolerated Deism and Christianity (not necessarily Catholicism) but the freedom of religion morphed into freedom for whatever religion...although we see certain religion that are political systems creeping into our law and culture...it comes down to the fact that people don't read, don't comprehend, and have no desire to do either...we are in big trouble with the next generation...and thats a fact

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Ask him how well he fights against 3 people that are trying to hurt him with knives.
    Or if people not in their prime of life, or condition, are supposed to just lay down and die.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    0% "do not try to understand them because they are a breed apart and they make no sense." (Last of the Mohicans) Trying to reason with these people is like going into a mental hospital and trying to have an intellectual discussion with the patients. Knock yourself out. It won't matter. If they cannot grasp the meaning of "shall not be infringed" (which is contained ONLY within the 2nd) then you're unlikely to accomplish anything by trying to communicate with them.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I believe many, maybe most, of the anti crowd just want to force their ideas on you and take your stuff without the need to feel threated with retaliation. Also, they are cowards and demand you be one too.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Latest update: since there's no hyphen in the "well-regulated" in the Bill of Rights, it has a different meaning.

I told him that depending on which state Constitution or ratifying document you look at there are variously commas added or missing as well as the hyphen. So his entire argument stands on centuries-old transcription errors.

You can't make this stuff up. :dunno:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Latest update: since there's no hyphen in the "well-regulated" in the Bill of Rights, it has a different meaning.

I told him that depending on which state Constitution or ratifying document you look at there are variously commas added or missing as well as the hyphen. So his entire argument stands on centuries-old transcription errors.

You can't make this stuff up. :dunno:

It sounds to me like he is getting desperate!

Lucky for me I don't have any friends like this! Even the ones who don't own a gun still like them!

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Just keep hitting them with logic and facts. It may take a while, but most will generally see the truth, at least in my experiences. Most of the anti's I interact with see my side and have changed their stance on the issue significantly. Honestly, most of them didn't trust themselves with a firearm, which is why they didn't want others owning a firearm until I debated with them. I am a little bit different than most on here though probably...I actually try to engage others who don't see things the same ways I do. Now, as stated above, there are plenty of individuals out there who won't accept the truth no matter how long you try

Top Bottom