• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Pfft, talk about overrated, Neil young at 11…really 8-11 belong on the list but slide them down about 20 places

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    89?? I've got 30 years on you ya whippersnapper... :oldwise::):
    Hold my beer…I got you by a few more… :oldwise: :oldwise::alright:

To me “classic rock” was pretty much mid 60’s - mid/late 70’s and not near 100 bands involved. After that, IMHO, were but a few good rock bands. Much of what many consider rock, I do not. Attended a bunch of concerts, saw a lot of early bands until hair bands took over.

One of the “best” early concerts I attended was Ted Nugent and The Amboy Dukes in a very small venue with maybe 100 in attendance. No light show, pyrotechnics, etc...only hard core rock and roll. Just an open room with a small “stage” about 1’ high. No chairs or seats, low ceiling, poor acoustics . Everyone just standing, sitting on floor, mingling. Spent most of the night within a few feet of Uncle Ted.

Last edited:

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I just got so tired of classic rock. It's the same 20 songs playing on repeat unless you go out of your way to listen to something.
    I will agree with that. I have about 6 XM/Sirius preset stations in my vehicles. Find myself continuously switching between them to find something I want to hear. My previous pick up and previous fun car still had CD players so I listened to more CD s than radio. In the house or shop it is Sirius, CDs, cassettes ( yes it is true ). Sold all my vinyl ( mistake ). Guess I should find a youngster and teach about these play list, ApplePlay stuff

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I will agree with that. I have about 6 XM/Sirius preset stations in my vehicles. Find myself continuously switching between them to find something I want to hear. My previous pick up and previous fun car still had CD players so I listened to more CD s than radio. In the house or shop it is Sirius, CDs, cassettes ( yes it is true ). Sold all my vinyl ( mistake ). Guess I should find a youngster and teach about these play list, ApplePlay stuff
    I use Spotify. I remember paying $12-20/cd. I pay $9/month now, but I can listen to anything and everything I want. I drive 35k miles a year for commuting. I can not stand the radio.

There is a free version, but then you get ads like you do on the radio... :wallbash:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The first time I saw Ac/Dc live was on the back in black tour, I wasn’t a fan of theirs until the moment they hit the stage. I saw them numerous times during the 80s and 90s, and they were always, ALWAYS absolutely amazing! Never an off night with those guys, and always just sheer musical brutality that was nothing like the overly compressed radio versions of their songs.

I’ve seen a lot of bands in my life, and none compared to Ac/Dc back then.
    The first time I saw them was at Zeppelinfeld for the Nuremberg Open Air Festival. It was the last tour with their original vocalist Bonn Scott. Some of the other bands playing that day were:
    The Scorpions
    Molly Hatchet
    Cheap Trick
    Nils Lofgren
    The Steve Gibbons band
    and a few more.

The concert was closed out by The Who, The Kids Are Alright tour. They did live up their motto of LOUDEST BAND EVER!!!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The first time I saw them was at Zeppelinfeld for the Nuremberg Open Air Festival. It was the last tour with their original vocalist Bonn Scott. Some of the other bands playing that day were:
    The Scorpions
    Molly Hatchet
    Cheap Trick
    Nils Lofgren
    The Steve Gibbons band
    and a few more.

The concert was closed out by The Who, The Kids Are Alright tour. They did live up their motto of LOUDEST BAND EVER!!!
    If I could choose any person through history to spend a day with, Bon Scott would probably be the one!:):

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Queen not making at LEAST the top 10 is whack.

I can’t necessarily put them all in order, but Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and Queen should all be top 5. I’d have to think about it to really put a top 10 in order, but yeah. That list did Freddy dirty. :bs:

Top Bottom