• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Wish You Were Here is such a perfect song, I can listen to it over and over.
    Yes, and I also like Shine on you crazy diamond, so do a few from the Wall, Final Cut, Momentary Lapse, Meddle, and Obscured by clouds, maybe 1 or 2 from Animals... but the album as a whole doesn't compare with Dark Side.
    Nothing does.

And add them all up, they still don't compare to the mighty Zep or the Eagles... but they come in a solid 3rd.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Classic Rock. Nothing better.
    So many sub genres and styles in many of the groups.
    Take the Beatles revolver album as the first psychedelic rock LP. (I am only dreaming) and first punk song (Helter skelter) the white album. And all the pop stuff that for pop rock still better than today’s

Black Sabbath as the first heavy metal album. (Some might say Beatles with (“I want you) .

the progressive including yes rush Emerson lake and palmer genesis Pink Floyd.

the first of the new wave from the cars blondie and the talking heads.

blues based rock from ZZ TOP.

southern rock from ABB lynard skynard outlaws.

the first real jam band song was ”can’t you hear me knocking“ Rolling Stones. And well there going on touring almost 60 years later and still pretty good. Throw in Santana and the grateful Dead here

i think of the eagles as country music until they got joe Walsh in the group. James gang was bad ass.

i don’t think anyone could put them all in order That anyone would agree with.

now you can see how many times a song has been streamed and then count the classics down that way. Any song 1965-1982 (let’s just stop the day MTV started)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I just got so tired of classic rock. It's the same 20 songs playing on repeat unless you go out of your way to listen to something. Working in the trades amplified the annoyance.

That being said
    Ac/DC and gunsnroses are my 2 least liked. But then again. I was born in 89 so I'm sure that effects my opinion.
    I’ve got 20 years on ya but you’re not wrong. Where do these radio people get taught that playing the same thing over and over is a good idea? I think it actually made people sheep.

And who remembers WKLU with Bruce the radio pirate? They played some good stuff.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I just got so tired of classic rock. It's the same 20 songs playing on repeat unless you go out of your way to listen to something. Working in the trades amplified the annoyance.

That being said
    Ac/DC and gunsnroses are my 2 least liked. But then again. I was born in 89 so I'm sure that effects my opinion.
    I like classic rock but I know what you mean. We have one real good station here that plays a great variety and one station that beats the dead horse. I used to like GunsnRoses but they played them sooo much I got tired of them before I found the good station.

Funny thing is the good station is public radio.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I’ve got 30 years on ya but you’re not wrong. Where do these radio people get taught that playing the same thing over and over is a good idea? I think it actually made people sheep.

And who remembers WKLU with Bruce the radio pirate? They played some good stuff.
    I remember Dick Biondi on WLS 890 AM in Chicago in the 60's and the King Biscuit Flower Hour also on AM radio out of Arkansas. These were both before FM took over the airwaves.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I remember Dick Biondi on WLS 890 AM in Chicago in the 60's and the King Biscuit Flower Hour also on AM radio out of Arkansas. These were both before FM took over the airwaves.
    I’ve listened to a lot of WLS but it was talk. I remember people talking about the King Biscuit Flower hour and catching a few but wasn’t a regular listener.

Those people that had the guts to keep it fresh - well, it’s just too bad they didn’t prevail.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I’ve listened to a lot of WLS but it was talk. I remember people talking about the King Biscuit Flower hour and catching a few but wasn’t a regular listener.

Those people that had the guts to keep it fresh - well, it’s just too bad they didn’t prevail.
    When out on the tractor near midnight WLS would come in back in the day…

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I was never into metal or any kind of “heavy” music until my oldest came home from school one day with ‘guess what, I’m in a band’, and when asked what he was playing he said he was the screamer.
    Actually really changed my life, looking back.

Top Bottom