• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

1. So many guys are getting these for $500 here and there, and since I'm not in a hurry: I'll wait.
    2. Plus, with FFL fees it would be $585.
    3. I'm a little chilled out about it b/c I'm going to pick up a Rami, but I do want to get one.

Rural King in Frankfurt has a Sig P365 right now, my brother (who works the gun counter there) just told me so if anyone wants one here is your shot.

4. I'm back to work now, so no leisurely drives to pick up guns during the week. If they are open later, it might be possible, but I'm really busy now trying to sell my car.
    5. You didn't say how much they were selling them for: I could go Saturday to pick it up if they were selling them for $500 and I could pay for it over the phone.
    6. Also, I'd have to know the build date to be sure it was the magic June 20th build date, where they are supposed to have all the updates by then.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    1. So many guys are getting these for $500 here and there, and since I'm not in a hurry: I'll wait.
    2. Plus, with FFL fees it would be $585.
    3. I'm a little chilled out about it b/c I'm going to pick up a Rami, but I do want to get one.

4. I'm back to work now, so no leisurely drives to pick up guns during the week. If they are open later, it might be possible, but I'm really busy now trying to sell my car.
    5. You didn't say how much they were selling them for: I could go Saturday to pick it up if they were selling them for $500 and I could pay for it over the phone.
    6. Also, I'd have to know the build date to be sure it was the magic June 20th build date, where they are supposed to have all the updates by then.

According to my brother $499+ tax and it was made in June sometime very recent manufacture

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    According to my brother $499+ tax and it was made in June sometime very recent manufacture[/QUOTE
    1. Sounds good.
    2. PM me the number to the shop and give me your brother's name and I'll call and ask him if you can pay over the phone, and if so I'll do it.
    4. Even if it doesn't work out: thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Rural King in Frankfurt has a Sig P365 right now, my brother (who works the gun counter there) just told me so if anyone wants one here is your shot.

1. A follow-up: School got busy and I didn't call R. K. until after school and 2 errands. (I forgot I was so busy)
    2. Your brother wasn't working today, but I just talked to another very helpful young man.
    3. The 365 was still there and they were willing to hold it for 24 hrs.: too bad they wouldn't hold it till Sat.
    4. I could have picked it up tonight but I have a Rami to pick up from a member and can't make both connections.
    5. I'll leave right after work tomorrow at 2:30; it is about 70 minutes from my work going up 65N.
    6. Traffic coming back home is going to be a bear, though!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    According to my brother $499+ tax and it was made in June sometime very recent manufacture

1. Dean, I just driving back from Frankfurt now.
    2. I was able to pick up my new Rami earlier than expected this evening and got to R. King by 8 o’clock.
    3. Too bad I couldn’t have dealt with your brother but a really great guy, Jimmy, helped me out.
    4. They originally were only going to hold it for 24 hours and I didn’t realize it at the time but my 45th anniversary is tomorrow so I was going to have to call them back and tell them I can’t get there but Jimmy called me to let me know manager said I can pick it up Saturday.
    5. It worked out since I was able to go tonight.
    6. Just wanted to thank you for the tip, appreciate it!

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    1. Dean, I just driving back from Frankfurt now.
    2. I was able to pick up my new Rami earlier than expected this evening and got to R. King by 8 o’clock
    3. Too bad I couldn’t have dealt with your brother but really great guy, Jimmy, help me out.
    4. They originally was only going to hold it for 24 hours and I didn’t realize it at the time but my 45th anniversary is tomorrow so I was going to have to call them back and tell them I can’t get there but Jimmy called me to let me know manager said I can pick it up Saturday. 5. Worked out since I was able to go tonight.
    6 just wanted to thank you for the tip, appreciate it!

No problem at all, happy to help out , enjoy the P365 it's a sweet gun

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thought you were trimming things? And here you’ve bought two more! :D

1. Yes! So did I! :dunno:
    2. But, I will sell my Shield 9: it is now obsolete, with the Sig 365.
    3. I think the Glock 26 might have to go after having it's use circumvented, with the Rami, the Sig, and the Shadow 2.
    4. So, buying 2, but selling 2: a good day, my idea of "trimming.":rofl:
    5. I do have 2-3 .22LRs to sell, but it's going to hurt, especially if I ever find a S/W 41, but if I did, I might as well sell all my other semi-autos. :laugh:

No problem at all, happy to help out , enjoy the P365 it's a sweet gun

6. Since I spent a good bit of time with it at the range (a friend's), I knew I would own one; I just didn't think it would be w/i a couple of weeks of making that decision!
    7. I do appreciate your help! :thumbsup:

8. The build date was in July.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That is a really solid three firearms.

1. I know, and I owe it all to the CZ thread in the summer of 2018.

You've come a long way, baby!

2. Next, you'll be saying, "Do you feel lucky, punk? Well, do you?"

Dean is too young for that reference At least, to remember it first hand.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    2. Next, you'll be saying, "Do you feel lucky, punk? Well, do you?"

"I know what you're thinking... did doddg buy 5 or 6 guns this week... Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself... You've got to ask yourself one question..."

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Did? Didn't? Will? Won't? Coulda/Woulda/Shoulda, Translated:
    I think Saturday the Dodger is getting a new Sig 365, so we will have something to read about on Sunday morning?
    Right?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    doddg, like was already mentioned, you are building up a nice stable of firearms. Not only did you have the fun to try so many out, the experience has helped you to dial in some really nice pieces.

And I'm with you on the S&W 41. They really are the .22 semi-auto pistol.

Looking forward to your report on the 365 and especially how it compares to your Shield since I currently own the Shield.

Top Bottom