• printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The 50 post rule on INGO is oppressive!

Tactical is not used nearly enough in the gun industry.

barack obama is a champion of gun rights.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Wood stocks/gun furniture is outdated. I get that people like them for aesthetic reasons and because they "feel" better. But polymer technology has come a long way, as has aluminum/steel. Polymer is pretty impervious to most weather conditions. It doesn't warp when it gets wet, can't rust, and ages pretty well. Can't say the same for would. Leave a wood-stocked gun outside in the rain for awhile, or even handle it for an extended period of time with your hands(the wood will absorb the grease and dirt from your hands). Sorry to all the 40+ crowd that I just made mad, and don't get me wrong, I like the look of a wood stock, but for actual use and not a wall hanger/safe queen I'd choose polymer or metal of some sort.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Haven't seen a thread like this, so here we go. Post your firearm-related unpopular opinions here. Feel strongly about something that most would disagree with?

I'll start - I really like Fobus holsters. I've owned several and they are my go-to OWB holsters. They're affordable and well made. I've never had a single issue with any of them, function or reliability. With the right belt and placement, you can avoid the "flopping" that most people talk about. I also like the feedback of the snap when the gun is placed in the holster. I just like them.

One of my first post-military holsters was a FOBUS. It was a paddle holster and it took two weeks for the paddle attachment to fail. I'll never buy another one.

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    I think there's a place for a weapon platform (think AR-15, or 10/22 - both have an entire cottage industry around customization/modification using standardized components - i.e. a platform). My pet peeve is "weapon system".

Weapon system platform gets me. You couldn't just leave it at "weapon" or even "gun". Nope, you go ahead and waste more of everyone's time.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    There is no reason to own more than one gun that fills a particular role. You are better off learning how to shoot that one gun, whatever it is, then to keep buying a bunch of new guns looking for something better. And, yes, I am much better at preaching it than following it.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    There is no reason to own more than one gun that fills a particular role. You are better off learning how to shoot that one gun, whatever it is, then to keep buying a bunch of new guns looking for something better. And, yes, I am much better at preaching it than following it.

Your sig line is wrong :)
    Smallest Republic(excluding the Vatican) Nauru - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

9,378 residents as of July 2011

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think every free man should be able to defend himself with a gun, no exceptions.

I think requiring a license to avail myself of my Constitutional rights is criminal and people who support turning rights into State-issued privileges should be hung in the town square.

I think it's fine if people carrying 22s for self defense.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Pic rails are needless and just serve to let you put stupid things that weigh your gun down.

Optics should be attached without the rail. If you need a flashlight, they have barrel mounts.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    i don't like colts, overpriced!, hard to find, only owned one, and it was at colt's factory longer than it was in my house!

i wouldn't buy any colt made after 1980!,and if was made before 1980, id have to get a hullva good price!

Agreed, and had a similar experience. I won't own another.

1911s are outdated.

:popcorn:

Agreed.

Top Bottom