• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Stippling is OK (as long as it's quality work).

OC is better than CC.

People need to stop trying to de-sensitize Americans to guns by carrying long-rifles into stores or in public "because they can" with the intent of "shock and awe." Just because it's legal doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Your used Gen 4 Glock 19 in the classifieds should not be priced higher than a NIB at my LGS.

I think Fenway is cool.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've got one, that I'm still working on a fully-formed opinion, that has come up a few times. As a matter of principle, I do not believe that personal property rights extend without limit to property used for public commerce, particularly with respect to infringing the right to keep and bear arms.

You picked the right thread.
    Sorry, I'm a firm 2A believer, but it can't trump property rights.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I think Sig 1911's are garbage and overpriced, as well as feel that Sig Sauer focuses on "options" far too much. Over all Sigs are just not worth the money.

"premium" 1911's are not worth the money, ...most noteably Ed Brown...with few exceptions.

I detest Colt firearms

I love Smith and Wesson revolvers but would NEVER buy a new one....Id buy a taurus/rossi first.

I hate .40 S&W

I think Polymer guns are "throw away" guns.....cant get attached to one.

"tactical" is stupid.

I think picatiny/accessory rails on a pistol are stupid....HATE them.

I feel that Raven and crossbreed holsters are overpriced and lacking on quality.

Im sure the list goes on and on.

God bless
    -Shred

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Every guy, be it a LGS sales person or S/O, who immediately directs a woman interested in getting a gun to the little plastic .380s is a dumbass. You don't like shooting those little pieces of crap, why do you think she will? And why are you surprised later when she never wants to go shooting?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Every guy, be it a LGS sales person or S/O, who immediately directs a woman interested in getting a gun to the little plastic .380s is a dumbass. You don't like shooting those little pieces of crap, why do you think she will? And why are you surprised later when she never wants to go shooting?

While we're on that note: Something my wife has run into more than a few times... seems to be an unpopular opinion amongst the older crowd...

Don't immediately direct a potential customer to ANY type of firearm without FIRST asking what they are interested in. We've had more than a few male and female operated gun stores make that mistake with my wife. For some reason they see her and automatically assume pink revolver... Every one of them lost two potential customers.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    While we're on that note: Something my wife has run into more than a few times... seems to be an unpopular opinion amongst the older crowd...

Don't immediately direct a potential customer to ANY type of firearm without FIRST asking what they are interested in. We've had more than a few male and female operated gun stores make that mistake with my wife. For some reason they see her and automatically assume pink revolver... Every one of them lost two potential customers.
    Yes, that drives me crazy.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    People need to stop trying to de-sensitize Americans to guns by carrying long-rifles into stores or in public "because they can" with the intent of "shock and awe." Just because it's legal doesn't make it the right thing to do.

This. They already think we're radical homicidal wackos for carrying guns. We don't need to confirm it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

They have to sell those nasty things so they see a woman and jump at the chance.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    The S&W M&P line of semi-autos, though ergonomically wonderful, are horrible guns. They don't point naturally and have horrible triggers. I can't shoot them worth a poo and other people that I have suggested to rent one at a gun range (because they were looking to get their first gun) also report they can't get them to hit POA.

The 40 S&W round answered a question that never need to be asked. It's a compromise: an over pressurized 9mm, an undersized 45 acp and a neutered 10mm. Basically I think it's poo.

Subcompacts are horrible. Less ammo capacity, increased felt recoil and decreased sight radius. All of that adds up to not taking it to the range (personal experience here).

Also I concur with the posters above about shop owners pushing women to subcompacts and pink stuff. Smaller is not always better. IMO a compact sized pistol is the smallest anyone should every buy (ladies included).

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN

:yesway: I love the gun shops that know me and know what I like.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You picked the right thread.

Would be nice to discuss some of the actually held opinions, but they seem to be getting lost under the deluge of... implied- purple "opinions".

Sorry, I'm a firm 2A believer, but it can't trump property rights.

Someone carrying a firearm on their person doesn't impact your property rights in any way whatsoever. Also, a natural right remains a natural right, regardless of location. A person retains the right to life, thus the right to defend his life, and therefore the right to keep and bear arms, wherever he is.

On private property, you certainly have the right to decide who is welcome and who is unwelcome on your property, and thus the issue is being welcome on the property versus trespassing. You can't force someone to disarm; you can only tell them to leave.

In a public place - including otherwise private property that the owner has opened for public commerce and therefore implicitly invited public persons onto the premises for the purpose of conducting business - I think that trespass must be in response to some interference with the business, and not merely "we don't serve your kind here".

A "no guns" requirement, in this regard, is no different from a "no blacks" or "no Jews" or "no Irish" requirement.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Here are my actual true, mostly unpopular opinions:

Ruger SR9C is a bad choice, unless you get really lucky.
    I dislike anything in .40
    CC or semi/CC is better than OC when out in public.
    Do not overthink your first gun purchase, you'll probably end up trading or adding more anyway. If you're ready for a gun, just do it.
    Calling a gun a "piece."

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    We should give up pretending that ARs weren't invented to hurt and kill more people faster and more reliably....because it was.

Amen! the biggest problem I have is which one to get? I'm editing to clarify...this was meant as a joke. Maybe not a funny at that.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

*Every* guy? Really? Every single one?

I tried to get my wife to shoot everything from 9mm to .40 to .45. She tried several, from among my handguns and my dad's handguns. She didn't like them. The only gun she like shooting was my .22. She has tiny hands, and - more importantly - nerve damage from a since-replaced disk in her neck that prevents her from maintaining a tight grip. A .380 is the only thing she can actually hold and shoot, that is worth carrying.

So, when we went to buy her a gun, we started with the .380s. She is very happy with her Glock 42, even though I know that I can barely hold the thing, and certainly wouldn't enjoy shooting it. But she does.

Top Bottom