• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I have not see this much bitc$!ing since my wife last had her book club over.

Some of you guys need to get laid. Who gives **** what other people shoot?

Stay in your lane and be happy.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    We need Limited 10 Open
    PCC Open, PCC Production, Revolver L6, Revolver L7, Production Optics, Carry Optics, PCC Limited, Open, Carry Open, Limited 10, Limited 15.
    Production Major, Production w/Comp, Limited w/Comp, Limited Open, PCC Major, PCC 10, Single Stack w/Comp, Carry Revo, Revo Back-up gun, BUG open.

Production w/magwell, Revo w/magwell, PCC pistol brace, PCC pistol, PCC bull barrel bullseye,

I got about half a match covered. 30 more divisions and everyone is 1st place!

My prayers are answered! I've been patiently waiting to sponsor stages, cook hotdogs, and drive seniors to the range...all I ever wanted was somebody to let me shoot carbine mags in my production gun. I love you man...

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    pretty sure the name of the division isn't going to keep people away

People don't care what the name is. We just don't want a bullsh*t excuse for excluding some of the most popular guns because of a stupid weight limit in the name of "Carry"...

Why have a weight of 45 oz. when a lot of Production legal guns weigh close to 50 oz. If you can get a scope on it and it is on the Production legal list it should be LEGAL for CO.

"Carry"

Right now the only really popular production guns that are too fat are the Stock 2 & 3

I think the division could become worth while and would like it to succeed as it gives people a competitive low cost optic option. Like you said, everyone starts somewhere. So even if people don't plan on shooting it, they should share their opinions on it if they are trying to make the division better.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I am not one bit upset. But I am interested in a good book club so I could learn how to ***** right.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    People don't care what the name is. We just don't want a bullsh*t excuse for excluding some of the most popular guns because of a stupid weight limit in the name of "Carry"...

I think the division could become worth while and would like it to succeed as it gives people a competitive low cost optic option. Like you said, everyone starts somewhere. So even if people don't plan on shooting it, they should share their opinions on it if they are trying to make the division better.

They did, that is why we have no capacity restrictions because that is what the AD's heard.

Hopkins production +4 was self serving in that he wanted to get the shadow 2 in so he could shoot it at Optics Nationals
    I would recommend getting a hold of the AD's about the weight restrictions...
    worked for the capacity

Me I am going to shoot a Walther Q5 to win contingency money!!

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Phil came up with the division
    -production approved guns
    -35oz weight limit
    -no mods other than mounting the optic

people *****ed about it and there was less 1% off activity for 2015 in Carry Optics, it was DAO

2016 they raised the weight limit, allowed grip mods, slide mods (no holes or ports) and allowed the 140mm mags but limited capacity
    (this was because overwhelmingly people said that they had mag extensions and didn't want to take them off)
    they discussed changing the name to production optics, however there would be some back end work but there would be some back end on changing the name in all the scoring systems etc, plus there was the "does this mean that carry optics is dead, no longer provisional, and now production optics starts as a new division"...easy solution leave it
    activity raised from less than 1% to 3.7% for 2016

Every AD had heard a want for increased capacity, some had heard about all production guns, Matt Hopkins sent in a proposal for Production +4oz
    there was OEM mag capacity, adding weights, allow in lasers, just 15 rounds, should there be magwells

after a very long discussion where every AD, myself, Troy and Gary and Foley all gave opinions and thoughts the only consensus was
    -keep it provisional
    -140mm mag stays, remove capacity

they made no actions on anything else, and set it for review in Jan 2018

Based on survey data the only popular gun that doesn't make it is the Stock 2 and 3, and the Shadow 2 will not make it.

So yeah carry can be considered silly because probably not many are going to carry a shadow with a red dot and 140mm mags, but the names stayed instead of having to do a bunch of software stuff and changes and starting it over as provisional...it was the easier, most cost effective thing to do

The thing I don't get is people that have zero plans to shoot the division seem to ***** about more than the people that are shooting it.
    If you are not going to shoot it, why does it matter.
    Same people ***** about why we have revolver or L10...just because we have it doesn't mean you have to shoot it, last time I checked you were only shooting against the people in your division.

If having Carry Optics brings in a new shooter that went and bought a 17 MOS, or S&W CORE and paid to put a Leupold on it or Trijicon shows up to shoot your match is that any different than a new person that went and bought a S&W M&P or a CZ Shaodwo and shows up to shoot production?
    So what if it is only 3 guys...could all be new, could all be the guy that wants to come and help next month, takes an RO class, then designs a stage...end up doing a lot more because he found something he really liked because we had a place for him to go and shoot his new gun.

I shot almost nothing but 1911 single stacks in IDPA until Viray told me to go and shoot a USPSA Match.
    Bought 10 rounds mags and shot L10 until Single Stack became a provisional division, then shot single stack, that was 2004.
    Everyone starts somewhere, pretty sure the name of the division isn't going to keep people away

I for one appreciate the division. If not for it, I would probably be shooting IDPA. I am coming at this from a different angle then most as I have carried a G19 with RMR daily for about 6 years now and was happy to have a place I could shoot it. My goal is just to become a better shooter with the gun I carry, though I must say I am having a great time and am hearing the gamer siren song.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I for one appreciate the division. If not for it, I would probably be shooting IDPA. I am coming at this from a different angle then most as I have carried a G19 with RMR daily for about 6 years now and was happy to have a place I could shoot it. My goal is just to become a better shooter with the gun I carry, though I must say I am having a great time and am hearing the gamer siren song.
    that is great
    now you can if you want grab a 17 mag with base pad extension as your start mag and reload into a standard 19 mag

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Ha, too late for that, I bought a G17 MOS so as to not have to shoot my carry gun in the matches. See how the gamer creeps up on ya.
    Having good gear is not gaming. Lighten that slide with a drill press and then talk to me about gaming.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    The thing I don't get is people that have zero plans to shoot the division seem to ***** about more than the people that are shooting it.

If you are not going to shoot it, why does it matter.

Well, I already addressed those.... :)
    it's the internet, so I get to have an opinion regardless. :)

Only from a rules enforcement standpoint, it's harder to know if guns are legal because now I can't just look at the prod list, I have to have scales, also.

Didn't mean to push a button here, Jake.... Sorry.

now when some newb asks me about whether their gun is legal, I have to try to figure out what model it is, look up weights, etc. Which is legal? What should make CO weight? F if I know. How much do these little dots weight? I can't be much help. There are 90 guns on the list (about 1 in 7) that are listed at 40oz or more, that are potentially not legal depending on weight of dot, base pads, etc. Some of these while not most popular like you listed, are still common, like Sigs, CZs.

Seems like a pita vs just being able to see if the model is on the list + some additional limit where we can either weigh or give benefit of doubt like we do in prod. I guess for now if I don't have a scale, so long as it's listed <45oz I'll give benefit of doubt, (which now that I grep through the list I see is where your list came from. Which works for club matches I guess)

-rvb

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Well, I already addressed those.... :)

Didn't mean to push a button here, Jake.... Sorry.

now when some newb asks me about whether their gun is legal, I have to try to figure out what model it is, look up weights, etc. Which is legal? What should make CO weight? F if I know. How much do these little dots weight? I can't be much help. There are 90 guns on the list (about 1 in 7) that are listed at 40oz or more, that are potentially not legal depending on weight of dot, base pads, etc. Some of these while not most popular like you listed, are still common, like Sigs, CZs.

Seems like a pita vs just being able to see if the model is on the list + some additional limit where we can either weigh or give benefit of doubt like we do in prod. I guess for now if I don't have a scale, so long as it's listed <45oz I'll give benefit of doubt, (which now that I grep through the list I see is where your list came from. Which works for club matches I guess)

-rvb

I can't help you with the guns, but the sights weigh almost nothing. 1.2 oz for my RMR and 1.1 for my Vortex Viper.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    But they don't have to tell their attacker to wait while they turn their dot on..
    Almost as bad as carrying a pistol without one in the chamber.

Carry.... what a joke!!!!

I agree with RVB should have just been production list guns. same rules as production except mags to capacity milling allowed to accept slide ride dot.

Production optics done...

But I think production should be loaded to magazine capacity as well.

You lost me. I carry a dot gun every day and never turn it on or off. Just replace the battery once a year.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You lost me. I carry a dot gun every day and never turn it on or off. Just replace the battery once a year.

I can't speak for mongo404, but I am confident that a significant number of USPSA shooters will turn their dots off (if possible) after they complete a stage and won't turn it back on until Make Ready. I submit that most who do so will be among those who do not carry a gun with a rail mounted optic (if they carry at all).

Hopefully the division will have an equally significant number of people who are shooting their daily carry guns the way they choose to carry them.

Top Bottom