• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I welcome this change. Since I carry a gun with an RMR, I am one of the few that currently shoot CO and my biggest gripes has been the mag capacity.

I hope it helps get more people in the division. Though I suspect most people who have never shot with a red dot are still going to ***** and say it requires no skill

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I can tell you that they ain't touching Production division

well, the board managed to keep their hands off production... for a couple weeks at least....
    https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-ruling-details.php?indx=86

I don't have a problem with the ruling, other than it's more than a ruling about an existing rule; it changes the rule all together. So now we've opened the door for more arguments that externally visible mods don't matter ...

:n00b:

The new wall ruling sucks also. Similarly, it doesn't just clarify, but changes the rule. I'll stop at the hardware store this week and add a tape measure to my range bag. Maybe EGW can sell an official measuring stick. What if both ends of the wall are 6' but it's 5'6" in the middle? Do I have to throw out a stage w/ a wall that starts at 5'10" but settles 2" into the mud, or gets a couple inches of stone tossed under? I know... shouldn't usually be an issue unless you have an elevated platform to shoot from or a freakishly tall shooter, but ... why? what needed fixed about the old rule?

Doesn't NRIO have better things to do? like fix the cluster of PCC rules?

:n00b::scratch::abused::stickpoke:

-rvb

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    well, the board managed to keep their hands off production... for a couple weeks at least....

Hammers??

And.

Got an email as follows but no indication that there will be a written clarification on an official document.

"You may not flare the outside of the magazine well, but the inside can be beveled and polished.

Troy"

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 9:56 AM, xxxxxx wrote:
    Hi, Scuttlebutt on internet forums indicates that Troy M. has stated via email that production gun mag openings may be altered as desired, so long as exterior dimensions are not changed.

The official rules are interpreted by many to dictate that this type of change is not specifically authorized and therefore is not allowed. I would like to request that an official clarification be considered.

Thank you!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I try to ignore the fine details of rules like this , it's a huge fun sponge, but damn if you're not right. That ruling changes everything.

the real fun sponge happens when you're taking on the job of MD/RM and even taking on the job of course design/construction and people start complaining about the stages because of stupid **** like this. there's a million little gotchas to bullet-proofing a stage, now we have to add measuring wall height. It's a real challenge to maintain the fun factor some days.

Fire the guy who didn't build it at least 6'6" in the first place?

Exactly why this rule wasn't needed. I'm quite sure when I rebuilt most of our wall stands I made the walls closer to 7' so even the tall Truk Snave's of the world couldn't shoot over them "as built." This new rule takes away some hidden options, too (I don't always want to give away certain options through clues in the WSB, either).

-rvb

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    the real fun sponge happens when you're taking on the job of MD/RM and even taking on the job of course design/construction and people start complaining about the stages because of stupid **** like this. there's a million little gotchas to bullet-proofing a stage, now we have to add measuring wall height. It's a real challenge to maintain the fun factor some days.

Exactly why this rule wasn't needed. I'm quite sure when I rebuilt most of our wall stands I made the walls closer to 7' so even the tall Truk Snave's of the world couldn't shoot over them "as built." This new rule takes away some hidden options, too (I don't always want to give away certain options through clues in the WSB, either).

-rvb

I don't complain about stage design
    But I see where you're coming from

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Hope it didn't sound like meant you! .... I was just talking in general terms.
    It did not.
    I'm a terrible stage designer.
    I don't feel that I should complain when we have many great stage designers in Indiana
    I just shoot what they come up with the best I can
    I'll see you this weekend.

Top Bottom