What happens when you leave your carry gun at home "because I was going to a bar"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    I wish that video had ended with that guy shooting a few of them. Then we could see the news clips of the scumbags mothers crying about their babies getting shot.

I totaly agree... that is the problem we have. You are damed if you do and damed if you don't.

I guess it boils down to taking care of yourself and hope that the lawyer scumbags don't win.

The whole thing is sickening. :twocents:

JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Valid points here about carrying while out drinking. The problem I see is this;

Ok you had to pull your gun and use it in self defense after a trip to the bar, you will be badged as "under the influence" by the police if you have ANY alcohol in your system. Yes you will still be alive but it's going to be a lot tougher defending your case in court.

This is just another reason for me to avoid drinking at bars.

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    Valid points here about carrying while out drinking. The problem I see is this;

Ok you had to pull your gun and use it in self defense after a trip to the bar, you will be badged as "under the influence" by the police if you have ANY alcohol in your system. Yes you will still be alive but it's going to be a lot tougher defending your case in court.

This is just another reason for me to avoid drinking at bars.

No disagreement with me here. But the video would be on your side and prove self defense.

Of course the BG's wouldn't post the video if they were the loosers.

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    here is what I learned watching that video...

1. ALWAYS HAVE A WEAPON OF SOME KIND.
    a. pistol
    b. pepper spray
    c. knife
    d. asp
    (if your drinking and your a drunk carry b, you can't kill anyone with that)

2. when out numbered. RUN. Most people can barely handle 1 opponent. If your out numbered RUN. This guy's EGO prevented him from doing that. And he got his ass kicked. This should be taken seriously. It does not take much to get hurt and have lasting effects. Torn muscles, torn tendons, broken bones etc. Physical fighting is dangerous and should be avoided at all costs.

3. Verbally tell people to stop once they begin an assault. it may stop it.

4. use your weapon BEFORE they get their hands on you.

5. Anticipate Attacks after confrontations. Something tells me this was not random. This guy choose a long stretch of road to walk down. Might better use routes that offer more routes of escape. Don't go in routes where you feel people can "get you".

5. Additional thoughts - That guy's emotions must have been telling him as those guys approached that something was up and things were about to get physical. Pay attention to those feelings and ACT on them. Get out of the area. So what if they call you a "*****". Besides, this puts them on the assault, it gives you the advantage tactically, especially if your running, changing directions etc. If things take a turn for the worse, you might be able to "ambush" them in a sense (i.e. cut a corner or round a building, draw your gun, deal with threat by surprise when they cut corner coming after you)

Last edited:

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I wish that video had ended with that guy shooting a few of them. Then we could see the news clips of the scumbags mothers crying about their babies getting shot.

This is all I can think of after watching a video like that! I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep at night dropping (permanently) guys like that. They think they were kicking his ass (which appeared completely to be for fun) and they could have very well been causing brain damage. This is exactly one reason I carry, to stop things like this from happening to me or a stranger. If I ever saw something like that happening, I would absolutely use my firearm.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    ill admit i got lost on this post. are you using a real world example or a hypothetical situation.
    is the example(s) you are using more than one situation?

Yes, sorry, it was rambling hypotheticals. It is Friday! Ran out of cohesiveness for the week.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    If I was the white guy in a similar situation(wouldn't be coming from a bar), and I was on the higher walk area and dude jumps up behind me.... I would have taken that as intent and out of fear for my life, turned and dropped him. I'm betting the others would have bugged out, if they hadn't there would have been a heck of a gun fight. Now, I'm not saying I would be in a situation such as this, but if the situation arised as seen in the video, yes, killing them would have been the only option.

alluwant

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    thats horrible i dont understant people or gangs or thugs in general or what they live for denzel said it best in training day let all the gangbangers wipe themselves out god willing. i pray for the guy

Walter Zoomie

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    BeechTucky
    This video fills me with hate and rage.

The sounds of what seems to be the victim's unconscious, labored breathing and gurgling from getting his head kicked in by these feral animals makes me want to vomit.

...and some folks wonder why we arm ourselves?

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Someone on INGO once used the phrase "feral rabid aura" to describe a large portion of our society today. That phrase applies here. Sickening.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    I really really wish he would of pulled out a .45 and wiped every one of those ****** **%$*$%*@ $@*$@*@^$@*$@*^ off the planet.

Censored so I dont get banned but Im pretty sure others are thinking of the exact words as me.

Top Bottom