What happens when you leave your carry gun at home "because I was going to a bar"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Even if it is illegal to carry in a bar in this area, you should be armed with SOMETHING. A knife would have come in handy in this situation too. At least the first one you get your blade into will be going to the ER with you. This video would have negated ANY attempt at prosecution in this case if he were to do the world a favor and rid it of these pos's.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    If Im not carrying at the bar, you can bet it will be close by. If im not driving ill have it with me. Tell me how dumb an idea that is all you want but its not illegal and its my choice

RedCell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mishawaka, IN
    "Punks" wasn't the word I was thinking, but exactly...The tone of this thread almost seems like (some) people think it was the victim's fault.:n00b:

I hope to read one day that these pieces of **** have died in a fire.

I completely agree that these dudes are scum bags, however, this WAS the vic's fault. HE chose to go out unarmed w/o transportation of any sort, HE chose to stick around and try and defend against at least three guys when it looked like he weighed a grand total of 150#, HE chose to stop at one of the least opportune places to try and take all of these guys on instead of getting them to a choke point, HE chose to only get an LTCH instead of learning how to defend himself (i.e. martial arts, knife fighting, running marathons, whatever!).

What I'm saying is, he didn't start the violence but he sure didn't do anything to stop it. Defense (especially when by yourself) is a lot more than just whipping out a gun and squeezing the trigger.

I'm playing devil's advocate a little here, but I'm also trying to get your eyes and minds open to ALL of the facets of self defense (including running).

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Just drink at home so you don't have to worry about the legality of it.
    There is no need to worry about the legality of it, its not illegal in Indiana to get wasted and carry a gun, and if you have to use it, well a good shoot is a good shoot. There is that pesky proper person matter though :D

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    i leave the gun in the car, and carry a big can of pepper spray in my jacket usually, i have carried in bars but only if i wasn't drinking. drinking quickly proved itself to be too expensive at bars even with the minimal amount i would do it, combine that with the desire to no longer get drunk and i find myself not particularly interested in putting myself in the position of the bar scene anymore.

Top Bottom