What is the FASCINATION with people open carrying?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Show me where it is specifically written down that it is specifically a right.

Can you?
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
    If you are posting, I am clearly making an assumption that you can read and take that literally from the United States Constitution...or better yet, the law of THIS land.

Now, an even better question. Can you show ME where the architects of our country even made a single mention that the RKBA was a priviledge?

I will wait for hell to freeze over now.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    With a permit only, unless you wanna walk down the street with a long gun. It is a privilege to carry a hand gun in public, not a right.
    In the state of Indiana you would be correct, it is a privilege here. Several States it is a right and treated as such, just because Indiana is wrong does not make it right:dunno:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    With a permit only, unless you wanna walk down the street with a long gun. It is a privilege to carry a hand gun in public, not a right.
    Oh. Now I see where you're coming from. Since it's a privilege and not a right we should not abuse it by Open Carrying even though it's legal to do so.. Got it! :yesway:

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    If you are posting, I am clearly making an assumption that you can read and take that literally from the United States Constitution...or better yet, the law of THIS land.

Now, an even better question. Can you show ME where the architects of our country even made a single mention that the RKBA was a priviledge?

I will wait for hell to freeze over now.
    According to Kirk the Supreme Court of Indiana has ruled that it is a right, but he meant they ruled it as a privilege if you get the little pink piece of paper.

pwoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have never understood that fascination. Why anyone would WANT to draw attention to themselves in that manner?:dunno: I've read many posts by people who say they were "contacted" by Law Enforcement and don't understand why? I for one DO NOT WANT THAT ATTENTION! I also don't want any potential "Thugs" to know I have it either. :twocents: Anyone? Anyone?

Its a visual deterant?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    o, as a lawyer you are saying I do not need an LTCH to carry a handgun in Indiana? If I need an LTCH it is a privilege

Fine, I'll let you get your Wookie Suit on. Geez.:D

It is a right, however, the L. Neil Smith Brigade holds that any right subject to a permit is a non-right. Better now . . . Chewie?:laugh:

image_c1dee625-842f-4c0f-8d57-e51cafda9362.png

For the more causal Libertarian: http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/PopCulture/EverythingElse/Movies//Star%20Wars%20Chewbacca%20Furry%20Zip%20Hoodie-127031.jsp

Last edited:

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Me thinks FW501 got hacked or is super drunk. Or just plain stupid. Pick your poison. Insert purple where necessary.

But I'll feed the troll, FW501 if you see me open carrying in public are you going to approach me about it? If so I'll in a not so polite manner will tell you to **** off :)

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Me thinks FW501 got hacked or is super drunk. Or just plain stupid. Pick your poison. Insert purple where necessary.

But I'll feed the troll, FW501 if you see me open carrying in public are you going to approach me about it? If so I'll in a not so polite manner will tell you to **** off :)
    Unless he is a LEO and wants to verify that you have the states permission to exercise your privilege :D

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Somewhere someone is in their mom's basement witht two or three pimply faced friends giggling like vicious 8 year old girls.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom