• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    Im cornfused!! A small 380 in a sticky, remora type holster is easy as its get. Im 5'6" and have no problems. A 42 or 43 may work for me with cargo pants. Im know the new fad is to wear your girlfriends skinny jeans but they got to go if you want to carry in your pocket.

bigelowe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    bullitt county
    6'3" 240lbs with athletic build ( I work out regularly) 36×34 jeans. When pocket carrying I carry a Bodyguard 380 in a nemesis holster. I have a 642 but can't carry it in my front pocket without a noticeably large bulge. I don't see how people can truly carry anything bigger than a 380. It sure doesn't work for me.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Pocket carry is a no go. A gun pointed at the family jewels is a no go. A gun pointed towards the femoral artery is a no go in my book. 4 or 5 o'clock is fine with me for concealed carry. 3 o'clock is fine for open carry. I am 6'1" 180-190lbs. 34-34pants. You get no choice on skinny or baggy wearing 34-34 when your my size. 32-34 way to tight, 36-32 you have high waters and a saggy crotch. Belly band is the ****, I don't have to wear my heavy blade tech pistol belt to half ass hold up my holsters. I don't have to worry about my inside the pants holster to slip around from 4-6 o'clock when I sit down. Check out the belly band if your of a healthy size. By healthy I mean flat stomach and have hip bones that stick out a little, not covered by frapachinos .

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Any pocket I can get my hand into, I can get a p3at, LCP, or similar into pretty easily.
    63dd3678-f537-4196-8892-c1a37521dba1.jpg

Jvernon

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I don't understand how people use those soft/remora/sticky pocket holsters that add 1/2" width to the gun. I'm 5'9" 175lbs and wear modern non-baggy jeans and shorts. Not skinny jeans though. I have no problem pocket carrying a P938 in a kydex holster. I think the key is kydex. It doesn't add much width.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    I have carried a Shield in my front pocket with a Remora holster on occasion. Nobody has noticed, at least that I'm aware of. I think the issue is that Phylo is very aware of pocket bulges due to his profession. They stick out like a sore thumb to him. However, the general population won't even notice a bulge in his pocket. If they do notice it, they won't automatically associate it with a firearm.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I am considered a skinny thing and have no problem with a Kahr PM9 in a Desantis Nemisis in my front pocket.

With cell phones getting so big it doesn't look any different than my pocket where I do have my cell phone.

fili450r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2016
    Hamilton
    I feel like a lot of it has to do with the pants themselves. I wear not tight fitting, but pretty close to snug pants. some just have bigger pocket openings. when I wear certain American Eagle pants I have to use the flush mag on my ruger LC9. but when I'm wearing aero jeans I can use the pinky extention. I don't think printing in the pocket is much of an issue if you keep your phone out of your hand. most people would chalk it up to a big phone instead of a firearm.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I think pocket carry is mostly a myth, except for subcompact 380's and 5-shot snubbies. But how many guys could really get the job done with those handguns if the time came?

tl;dr: there are plenty of ways to carry a larger gun that's much easier to shoot well under stress.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Alright, lets see some pics. Perhaps I'm more concerned with discretion than some but I don't own a pair of pants that I can pull off a G42 in the front pocket. These pics are with and without a sticky holster. I don't see a kydex holster producing a significant improvement. There is zero chance of a double stack IWB not printing with my suit jacket on.
    61ADC77C-132C-415D-9568-A97EBFC8662F_zpsznaatc2t.jpg

2E1DA285-EB59-4431-B725-39618761C897_zpsmda9h779.jpg

Last edited:

fili450r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2016
    Hamilton
    if you keep your phone out of your hand i.e. in you pocket, I'm positive a majority of people will just take a glance and chalk it up to a phone 90% of the time. I'll try to figure out how to post pictures tomorrow with my LC9.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I carry a J frame in a Mika pocket holster 50 % of the time and even I can't see it. Unless you are wearing girl pants with very small pockets you should have no problem pulling it off with any "pocket size" carry gun. Maybe you are using the wrong holster( anything other than a Mika ) Or you are reading too much into it.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    You're overthinking it, no one will notice. The only myth is printing, 90% of the time. (unless ur a fat guy carrying a g17 under a tight shirt that's says rather be judged by 12, yes I've seen that)
    People won't notice, particularly if you don't "act" like it's anything else but a wallet or phone.

NickL45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I'm a bigger guy, 6-02, 320 and I've been pocket carrying for 10 years. I've carried a J frame revolver, LC9, and now a G 43 w/TLR6. I've carried them all in a nemesis style holster in my left front pocket. I put it in there by itself and go on about my business. In jeans, shorts, or casual pants it is comfortable. Sometimes there is a bulge, but no one notices. Believe me, people do not pay attention. Find a combination that works for you with a quality holster, don't overthink it, and you'll be fine.
    I prefer at least a .38 special/ 9mm.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    The secret of pocket carry.............Just tell everyone you are very excited to see them!

I pocket carry a Ruger LC9 in a pocket holster from pocketholsters.com, here is a link to one that would fit you gun Glock Pocket/Wallet Holster

They say its for your back pocket but I carry mine in my front pocket. I find that the leather flap assist in drawing the gun by pushing your pocket away but also assist in breaking up the outline of the gun. It makes it look like you are carrying a smart phone or some type of tablet in your pocket. In all the years of carrying this I have only had one person comment on it and they thought it was a small tablet.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The 360PD I have is not bad for pocket carry in allot of the jeans I wear. When you get your 340PD that may be a good option

Top Bottom