• ...and so much more!
  • fishbass62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Dec 24, 2011
    Franklin
    I'm 6' 245 and the only problem I have is with a couple of pair of pants where the pockets aren't deep enough. All my jeans and most of my pants casual or dress are ok. I always put a small set of keys between the holster and the outside of my pants so that any imprint looks like keys.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Phylo have you considered a smart carry? . . . I was personally never comfortable with the idea of carrying a Glock in this manner . . . .

Same here. An idea I've been toying with recently, but haven't rigged up yet, is to combine a trigger guard "holster" [ex. Zacchaeus [1]] with a Smart Carry by pinning the Zacchaeus' static cord to something somehow.

Would combine the concealment of the Smart Carry, and the trigger coverage of the Zacchaeus for more peace of mind.

[1] - The Zacchaeus© Concealment Holster - Dale Fricke Holsters

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Same here. An idea I've been toying with recently, but haven't rigged up yet, is to combine a trigger guard "holster" [ex. Zacchaeus [1]] with a Smart Carry by pinning the Zacchaeus' static cord to something somehow.

Would combine the concealment of the Smart Carry, and the trigger coverage of the Zacchaeus for more peace of mind.

[1] - The Zacchaeus© Concealment Holster - Dale Fricke Holsters

I considered the exact same thing at one time. The problem is finding a place to attach the static cord to. The smart carry itself is not rigid enough. I did try glueing a leather holster into a belly band one time. It worked ok but not great. I have just come to the conclusion that guns need to be carried on the belt. Alternative carry modes are for specialized, small guns and we just do the best we can.

Soin1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2016
    Boonville
    A 21A .22 in a shoot through wallet holster is less noticeable in my back jeans pocket than my wallet. Hopefully slightly mere effective.

Thanks.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    I am with you on this one, maybe a jacket pocket, or cargo pants and carry in the cargo pocket, I try to think of a way to do it on the job and hope my boss doesn't notice , and everytime I look in the mirror , I scrap the idea and find a quality holster to use.
    I can cover a small gun on my belt with a T shirt pulled out to cover it.

TKDMaster10

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2015
    Avon, IN
    The secret to pocket carrying is to not pocket carry LOL. Whats wrong with IWB? If your gun is small enough to carry in your pocket, then its plenty small enough to carry comfortably in an IWB holster.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I wear pants purchased from Meijer or Sam's Club. I'm a large guy. When I was about your size, I didn't have any trouble pocket carrying a S&W 642 with Desantis Nemesis. I now carry a Kahr CM9 in a Desantis Nemesis. I've been pocket carrying for decades and my "Spidy Senses" haven't detected anybody noticing. Your clothes are probably more stylish than mine and have a cut that makes you look good. IMHO that leads to difficulty in carrying IWB, OWB or pocket carry without giving away that you are carrying concealed. When detectives used to wear sport coats and suits, they used to take into consideration, when buying clothes, how the clothing looked when they were armed.

MikeBrennan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2016
    Indiana
    No trigger guard...not needed. It "hangs" in your pocket (and of course there should be nothing else in the pocket).

It also works as an IWB.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    gvbndgf
    Personally, I'm done with the whole compact single stack/pocket carry thing.
    I carry a Glock 19 IWB in a Milt Sparks VM2 holster and untucked t-shirt or golf shirt to conceal.
    Works perfect. Not even the people I work with or the customers I visit have any clue I have a hicap 9mm on me.
    The holster was kinda pricey, but I got it used and it's the best thing ever for me to carry and it's very comfortable.

Have you ever carried the 19 in a kydex holster? Is it a lot thicker?

JoeG1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    Greenwood
    LCP in a sticky type pocket holster, normal pants, nobody will know its there. Use one of the small money clip style wallets in front of it if it is printing.

Top Bottom