• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Is off-body carry an option? I know several public officials who have those day-planner style carrying "holsters." They are pretty discrete. I wouldn't rely on that alone, but along with ankle carry, it might work.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I second the "sneaky pete" idea. I don't have one because business/formal clothing really isn't part of my routine, but it looks like a great way to hide a small pistol in plain sight.
    I've never been able to actually hide/conceal a pistol in my pocket. The best that i think can be done for most of us is to camoflauge the pistol's profile and act like "yeah, so what? My pocket is full...of none of your business". And that only seems to work with pants like cargo pants or "dockers" that have pockets that are cut so you can actually draw without ending up like one of those trapped monkeys that can't get his fist-full of fruit out of the jar.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Do not use a pocket. Use a holster.

I think that's the answer.

When i carry in a pocket, my pistol is in a holster in my pocket.

Some suggestions based on your body type:
    pleated pants (even without a carry issue- they will look better with your frame)
    consider a longer blazer (a longer body will help conceal a pocket carry- sleeves can shortened)
    a tailor (a couple of bucks will get you looser thighs and deeper pockets- you might want to have a tailor build you something from scratch- or amend a pair of dockers).

Good luck.

Personally, I'd decide on my carry piece and build pants from that.
    A competent tailor can make your "work" clothes work.

I'd rather have a $100 pair of khakis with a single stack 9mm or 45 -than a $50 pair of pants with any .380.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I do this everyday.
    Kydex pocket holster and Duluth Trading Firehose pants. Deepest pockets I've found. I know this does nothing for you when wearing biz attire, but casual, good to go.
    I carry a Sig 290RS or a Shield 9, not been seen.............yet. My employer will let me know when he does, with a pink slip.

Lonestar6

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    I have a pocket holster with a thick piece of leather on the external face that makes my lcp look like a wallet in every pair of pants I own. So the holster leather is stitched to the thick leather piece. These holsters don't last forever as the leather softens over time ( years). They are cheap enough that replacement is acceptable. You might get one made with kydex that would last longer.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I pocket carry a Glock 43 with a Nemesis pocket holster in TruSpec 24-7 Cargo pants. TruSpec has large pockets and a large opening which makes pocket carry easy and weapon presentation pretty easy. Some pants have narrow pockets and narrow openings which makes getting to the gun a little difficult. I have tried 5.11 cargo pants but the front pocket opening does not make it easy to get to the gun.

autogun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 30, 2016
    NWI
    Lcp or seecamp in a holster as described by Lonestar6 fits in my pocket and prints like a wallet. You can see the holster on Seecamp's site or at least it was shown there in the past.

sellersdw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    LCP in a Talon back pocket holster. Disappears in most jeans and dress pants. Looks like a wallet if there is any printing and is very comfortable.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    LCP in cheapo (Galco?) holster. It is my go-to in dress attire generally. For some reason my waist on dress pants keeps shrinking, leaving my IWB options limited... :) I actually got married with my LCP on me a few years ago. I really don't see it as an option for any other pistol I own. I think a 642 or similar in the right pocket I might be able to pull off, but they way my pants fit typically nothing bigger. I'm 6'0", 240, 36w, with big legs. I use a PJ IWB holser, and I really like it. He sells a decent kydex pocket holster I always look at but never buy. Its nothing special, but would be slightly thinner than my current setup.
    Would carrying in a breast pocket of a suit coat work in some cases? I really like the "custom pockets" idea as well.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    my secret is to not pocket carry in the front pocket of jeans. Nearly impossible to retrieve. Jeans are not means to quick access to the front pockets.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    When I need something concealable, I carry a Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm with Underwood 124 grain HP in my pocket without any trouble.

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    When I do pocket carry, it's a Ruger LCP Custom in a Galco Pro 486 pocket holster. I've carried this one a lot over the summer in jeans and dress pants. I'm 5'9" 180. I've never been "outed" for carrying. As many have written above, most people are to self-absorbed to even notice. Good luck and stay safe.

Top Bottom