• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I wear MOC Diplomat Rip-Stop pants with a Kel-Tec P-11 with the optional clip. The pockets are roomy and have a sewn in lighter/knife pouch on the inside of the pocket that the clip engages which keeps it properly oriented and in place. No one has ever mentioned noticing...but them my business wear is more business tactical. I think you could do the same thing by adding a pocket inside your pocket so there would be an additional layer of fabric between the weapon and the outer pocket. Good luck.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Kahr CW9 or 380, been thru alot of pocket pistols*** hands down the best ive ever carried.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I see people post abouT pocket carrying small pistols all the time. My question is how? Where can I buy these pants with enormous pockets? Do I have to be 6'6" minimum to pull this off? I'm not a small guy at 5'9" and 200lbs and I don't wear tight clothing and I just don't see how it's possible.

Just took these here pics of a Glock 42 with and without a pocket holster. There is absolutely no way it doesn't stick out like a turd in a punch bowl. No way no one notices the huge bulge in my pocket.

Frustrated.

Sorry, no pics at the moment, Photbucket blows goats.

Jeans

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Alright, lets see some pics. Perhaps I'm more concerned with discretion than some but I don't own a pair of pants that I can pull off a G42 in the front pocket. These pics are with and without a sticky holster. I don't see a kydex holster producing a significant improvement. There is zero chance of a double stack IWB not printing with my suit jacket on.

Have you considered taking your pants to a tailor in order to replace the pocket with thicker material?

I can give you dad's tailor down in Indy if you want to try it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Have you considered taking your pants to a tailor in order to replace the pocket with thicker material?

I can give you dad's tailor down in Indy if you want to try it.

I just don't think it would give me the desired concealment.

I'm more than aware of how oblivious most people are and could get away with what I've got but I'm really not concerned with fooling most people so I'm being extremely picky on this. I guess the answer to my original question is largely relying on people not paying attention.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I am pocket carrying a G42 in a Desantis Nemisis holster right now. I have no issues with slipping it into the front pocket of a pair of 501s.

It does print a bit more with a pair of khakis, but 99% of the people are too self-absorbed to notice.

If I am worried about printing I can pocket carry an LCP. Either in a front pants pocket or weakside back pocket opposite my wallet.
    ^^^This^^^ I don't have any issues either. I carry a G42, in a pocket rig, most of the time. If I am wearing dress pants, I will use the above Ruger LCP, and carry two spare magazines. I have found that most people will not stare at your crotch area very long, for fear of getting caught. Besides, I generally wear a collared shirt of some type, that is straight cut at the bottom, and don't tuck it in. It pretty much covers half of the printing anyways.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have been carrying a 640-3 in my pocket for the last 4 years. It's in a really cheap sleeve type holster. My only complaint is I end up with a hole in some of my pockets from the front sight blade. I am 6'0 and 260 lb's. The gun is not noticeable on me. Or I should say no one has noticed it as of yet.

Width and weight of the gun seem to be the big hurdles. Finding a gun that isn't really wide or overly heavy. I carry it all the time. Some times as a bug for my 1911 depending on where I am going. I don't even notice I am carrying it anymore.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    As for printing, no one will notice. The only people who might notice are others who carry, and they aren't going to care. You could even be printing the full shape of the gun and most people would never notice it or think "gun" even if they saw it with a passing glance. Fact is, people do not pay that much attention.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    At the risk of challenging the original premise (I know, some people will be shocked), if the role involves a suit and jacket, it seems to me that pocket carry would be a very low-ranked option. I mean, I actually prefer venues where I can wear a jacket because it improves my IWB/OWB concealment. A shoulder rig or your up-thread-mentioned ankle carry for single stack seem like better options than pocket carry.

Again, apologies for being one of the resident devil's advocates.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    At the risk of challenging the original premise (I know, some people will be shocked), if the role involves a suit and jacket, it seems to me that pocket carry would be a very low-ranked option. I mean, I actually prefer venues where I can wear a jacket because it improves my IWB/OWB concealment. A shoulder rig or your up-thread-mentioned ankle carry for single stack seem like better options than pocket carry.

Again, apologies for being one of the resident devil's advocates.

No apology necessary. The job does require a suit at times, other times it requires khakis and a polo. I've tried OWB and IWB both with the suit and they're both a no-go unfortunately. OWB prints badly and there is no way I can button the jacket. For IWB I prefer appendix carry and that won't work, the "tuckable" holsters I've tried (and spent good money on) feel like I've got a Toyota in my pants and aren't as tuckable as some would have you believe. Ankle carry and pocket carry are the only options I've got at this point, perhaps a shoulder holster if I won't be removing the jacket for any reason.

As I mentioned earlier, with the amount of money I'm spending on the clothes I'm buying I will not be buying them oversized to accommodate the carrying of a handgun. I'm providing a service and appearance matters. Not only is printing and expecting that no one will notice not an option but looking as if I'm 40lbs overweight due to my clothing fit is not either.

I started the thread because I have not been able to conceal in a pocket and was simply trying to see if there was something I was missing. I don't have a lot of the options available to me that others use to make it work out for them but I do appreciate the feedback.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    No apology necessary. The job does require a suit at times, other times it requires khakis and a polo. I've tried OWB and IWB both with the suit and they're both a no-go unfortunately. OWB prints badly and there is no way I can button the jacket. For IWB I prefer appendix carry and that won't work, the "tuckable" holsters I've tried (and spent good money on) feel like I've got a Toyota in my pants and aren't as tuckable as some would have you believe. Ankle carry and pocket carry are the only options I've got at this point, perhaps a shoulder holster if I won't be removing the jacket for any reason.

As I mentioned earlier, with the amount of money I'm spending on the clothes I'm buying I will not be buying them oversized to accommodate the carrying of a handgun. I'm providing a service and appearance matters. Not only is printing and expecting that no one will notice not an option but looking as if I'm 40lbs overweight due to my clothing fit is not either.

I started the thread because I have not been able to conceal in a pocket and was simply trying to see if there was something I was missing. I don't have a lot of the options available to me that others use to make it work out for them but I do appreciate the feedback.

Yea, I'm your size, and with slacks, there is no way to hide the bulge. I carry an XDS in my pocket and I can clearly tell that it is printing. The good news is that it looks like a large wallet or phone, so I don't worry about it.

I think ankle carry might be your best bet if you're concerned with it.

migunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    DeMotte
    I see people post abouT pocket carrying small pistols all the time. My question is how? Where can I buy these pants with enormous pockets? Do I have to be 6'6" minimum to pull this off? I'm not a small guy at 5'9" and 200lbs and I don't wear tight clothing and I just don't see how it's possible.

Just took these here pics of a Glock 42 with and without a pocket holster. There is absolutely no way it doesn't stick out like a turd in a punch bowl. No way no one notices the huge bulge in my pocket.

Frustrated.

Seecamp 380 in a proper back pocket holster. I carry it workdays and a 1911 CCO in an in waist band Sparks on weekends.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    :dunno:

il_570xN.969081400_6zi8.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Phylo have you considered a smart carry? It takes a little adjustment but it would get the gun out of your pocket. It is basically a hybrid between pocket carry and appendix carry. I was personally never comfortable with the idea of carrying a Glock in this manner but maybe the G42 would work better then the G26 I had. I can deep concealed a Smith 642 using a smartcarry. Plus it works great for keeping your shirt tucked in.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    It may be a bit unorthodox but have you considered a Ruger LCP 2 in one of those Sneaky Pete "phone holsters" that may be an option to consider if your wardrobe will allow for it

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

Frustrated.

I am with you, I can't figure it out either!!! Ive tried a few pocket holsters and hated it, even in a cargo pants pocket. I can hide it easy in the cargo pocket but it felt like I had a brick in there! I just decided to stay IWB, maybe I should try an ankle holster.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Phylo have you considered a smart carry? It takes a little adjustment but it would get the gun out of your pocket. It is basically a hybrid between pocket carry and appendix carry. I was personally never comfortable with the idea of carrying a Glock in this manner but maybe the G42 would work better then the G26 I had. I can deep concealed a Smith 642 using a smartcarry. Plus it works great for keeping your shirt tucked in.

I had not but I may give it a shot. Thankfully I received my J frame back from S&W this afternoon so things will be better for now but I'll continue searching for options that'll work for me.

Top Bottom