• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    P3AT KelTec. Good, accurate, CONCEALABLE, dependable, back up guns.
    My ONLY gripe with them is the mag release is very easily depressed in the pocket allowing the mag to come out 1/4". I have 3 different holsters for it and still the same. Not a problem since I am familiar with the tendencies to release the mag. Second nature now.

natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    My opinion was that the Taurus TCP 380 had the best trigger of all the pocket guns. The trigger is long, but it is light and breaks clean. The reset is tricky because you can hear and feel a click before it is actually reset. The trigger has to return all the way forward before it is actually reset.
    I haven't had one problem with mine in the 5 yrs. I have owned it. And it locks back on an empty mag. Can hardly beat the price. I know others have had issues with them, but for the price, I would give one a try to see if you like it.
    That being said. The G42 is the one best 380's out there. It has the glock trigger, witch is hard to beat. And it is very accurate for such a short barrel. The only problem I have with the G42 is that it is too close to being the same size as the Shield. So I see no reason to carry a 380 when I could carry a 9 that is the same size.
    The only pic of my Taurus TCP 380. Pocket dump!
    IMG_15331_zps58624264.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    + Bersa Thunder 380/dual tone color. Easy to fire accurately, light to carry, good controls. Had a Ruger LCP, nice gun, but was a 2-finger w/pinkie hanging under the grip to grasp. Shot well, skinny slide to rack. Sold off, didn't really miss it.
    I had a Browning 380. Really nice, user friendly, held 13 rds. Sorry to see that one traded for another. I also had a Walther PPKs. Nice, but made my hand bleed from hitting the web with slide. Bye,Bye.
    Back to Bersa. Great gun, price, for an import, good purchase.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I have had a Bersa Thunder 380 for six years. After hundreds and hundreds of rounds through it, I have never had one issue.
    It is also very accurate.
    In summer months, I carry a Taurus PT 738, because of it's small size and light weight. With over 300 rounds through it, I have had
    no issues, and now trust it. It is not a pleasant shooter, and I am not as accurate with it as I am the Bersa.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm looking for something that would be a little more easy to conceal than my MR40 (P99 clone). I often OC, but there are times and places where that isn't acceptable, such as extended family's houses or church. I have been eyballing 380 pistols and I am wondering what you guys recommend. I strongly prefer something that will allow me to get my whole hand on the pistol (use of a small mag extension is ok). I liked the Bersa Thunder, but the used one I shot today at BGF didn't "wow" me.

Any advice is appreciated!
    Most .380s aren't going to "WOW" you at all. I have an early Colt Mustang which I love. It's STILL a .380 which IMHO is only good for "Better than nothing" self defense"

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Of the .380s that the wife and I have had, the only one that really "fits" my hand is the Walther PK380. It is a great gun, but for the size, I think it should be at least a 9mm. My preferred pocket 380 is the LCP, with Hogue hybrid grip. Its not a hand filling pistol, but not impossible to keep a grip on while shooting it, and its super easy to conceal. My wife went with a Smith BG380, and its another good option. I have not shot the Glock 380, but I would think its going to be along the same lines as the PK380, good gun, but under powered for the size.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have owned the Kel-tech, the LCP, the TCP and the Sig P238. All are gone but the P238. Somehow I now own 3 of the P238s. I must say it is leaps and bounds above the others. Not familiar with other .380's. Might be one out there better, but really don't care, I'm that pleased with the Sig.

JT1968

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Aurora
    I own a Glock 42 and a S&W Bodyguard. They both shoot well. But I carry the BG because I like a safety on my pocket gun.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Glock 26, real 9mm in a .380 package. But for realz, if I were to own and carry another 9mm Kurz pistol it would be an old school PPK, PPKs, or a Sig 230. I shot a 42, and like it, but I would definitely have to have a grip extension to make it serious!

Top Bottom