• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    The best 380 pistol I ever shot, was a P 238. The best value priced 380 I ever owned, was the Bersa Thunder 380. It is accurate and totally reliable.
    I have a Taurus PT 738, which has proven reliable in over 350 rounds. It is very small and light weight, but no where near as accurate as the Sig or Bersa.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My favorite is my P238. Like dhw9am, I have a Bersa that is about as good as it gets in terms of value. I also have a PPK and that has been a love/hate thing since the get go. It took more than 500 rounds before it would work reliably but now that it does, I do like shooting it a lot. Not as much as the P238 though. That's the cream of the crop in my small collection of .380s.

n9znd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a few and the S&W BodyGuard 380 shoots like a big gun. I think you can't go wrong with all the offerings. But if you are going to start adding a lot of length to the mags you should just get a 9mm. The Glock G42 is to big for my taste for a 380. The P238 is a lot of money but sweet. Jim

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    The Glock 42 is literally the perfect size for a .380.
    If they had tried to go any smaller then they ran the risk
    of it being as uncomfortable and as terrible to shoot as the LCP.
    Had no other Glock in history ever existed...then I would've said that
    The 42 is almost like an accidental hybrid of the LCP & the Walther PPKs...

How much smaller does the 42 need to be?! sheesh! lol

Glocks_1_zps1eec1dfa.jpg

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    I've owned 3 colt 1910's, 2 colt gov. MK IV .380's (not mustang), 2 browning BDA's, 4 walther PPK's, 1 walther PP, 1 sig P238, 1 ruger LCP, and 1 sw Bodyguard .380. I LOVED ALL except the sw bodyguard and ruger lcp. The LCP was smallest and easiest to conceal, I actually came upon it once walking the lawn two days after mowing and saw it laying in grass and I didn't even know it was missing! Both the SWBG & LCP sucked as far as shooting. The BG IMO is not worth spending any $ on. The LCP is fine for drop in the pocket but I don't like keys or even coin change in my front pockets. The Colts were cool and soft shooting. However they were all too nice and kinda collectible so I did not want to shoot them much. In fact after trying them out they were relegated to safe queens (which I Hate!). The colts shot much better to me than the much larger BDA's. Those BDA's like the Colts were like new with box but much larger, not really a good CCW. The hammer would bite web of my hand and I thought overrated as a shooter. I was however impressed by the beautiful bluing and fact they were Brownings, I still do like them. . I love look of PPK and once I learned to shoot them they were accurate as heck. Very solid feel and flat for conceal. The Sig P238 was very modern cool and I thought for while would be best of the bunch. However once after getting off my motorcycle I un-holstered it and the safety had snapped off during the ride! I CCW everything IWB at appendix and that is unacceptable. The trigger on the sig p238 kinda sucks as well IMO. After the safety issue I just lost confidence in the Sig. The best shooters for me were the colt 1910, colt gov, sig, and PPK's. The trigger is heavy on the ppk but it's consistent and once I got it down it just worked accurately all the time without any issues. I should mention, 1 of the PPK's (the first I owned) was a SW and 3 were Interarms. I hated the finish and shootability of the SW PPK. At present I only own 1 .380 and it is an Interarms PPK. I will never sell this one and may pick up another JIC. Also would like to have another of the Colts for playing house with. I do really like the Glock 42 but really don't see need to waste $ on it. It's the same size of PPK and a lot lighter. However weight is not big issue at IWB. Also the Glock is not a PPK. Classics are timeless. Glocks are like Legos. They may be classics but they will never be timeless. Also I'd rather have a single stack 9 in a poly small cal. Just my .02.

Last edited:

Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    Another Bersa vote. Bought mine from another INGOer several years ago. Reliable and very concealable. Surprisingly accurate as well. Great gun for the $.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    The best 380 pistol I ever shot, was a P 238. The best value priced 380 I ever owned, was the Bersa Thunder 380. It is accurate and totally reliable.
    I have a Taurus PT 738, which has proven reliable in over 350 rounds. It is very small and light weight, but no where near as accurate as the Sig or Bersa.

This is funny. I have the same three plus the Sig P232 which is the prettiest gun I own but not as fun to shoot as the P238.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    My first pistol and my first .380 was an Astra Constable II. Accurate enough but a heavy trigger, then I had a S&W Sigma .380. Great size, decent trigger, never jammed. Then for a number of years I did not have a .380 until a couple years ago I bought an LCP. It was sufficient for what it was. I could make good reliable hits with it, but I just was not happy. Now I have a Glock 42, and am now happy. It is a little bigger than most .380's, but I carry it either in a cargo pocket or a jacket pocket. I carry Glocks every day, so it makes sense for my BUG to be a Glock as well.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I would buy a Sig if I wanted to spend the money on a .380. I have a Bersa CC and a P3AT. My goto gun for throwing in a pocket is the P3AT due to size and weight. Not fun to shoot though.

I think finger extensions are overrated. I had a Glock 36 that was short for my hand and real easy to shoot. Less lever arm to get the aim wrong.

Top Bottom