• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ungie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2013
    Connecticut
    Running of ammo is a possibility. where I live there was a limit to what you could buy if you find it. Also at least company that sells ammo on the internet will not sell to me because of where I live.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Right there on the side of my go bag.
    1545624_1388876854707749_1053637624_n.jpg

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I have stocked a million rounds of your favorite ammo. SHTF. You go visit your friend/doctor/favorite scenic spot, leaving your stockpile behind. Bad guys lay siege. You run out of the 200 rounds you've brought with you… That's one way of running out of ammo.

Katana1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    We keep talking about SHTF firearms. But what if we all run out of ammo? Or if you need a more discreet option? What do you do, then? What do you fall back on?

I'm kind of partial to the Katana. It's wicked mean in the hands of a skilled swordsperson. If there is no Katana available for some reason, my next goto would be a 'jo' or similar (a 52" 1.5" diameter wood stick. But I'm not limited to just those items. You can make a weapon out of a couple 'D' cell batteries and a pair of socks!

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I have a Katana samurai sword which is very sharp. It would cut thru just about anything I tried on it. Am I trained to use a sword? Yes, I lived in Japan for a few years before moving back here. Great place to learn samurai arts of war. After that, a baseball bat, or a big survival knife. After that it would be my bare hands, hopefully I still remember the moves I learned for 15 years.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't want to face SHTF with anything less than cyclic, after that I'm probably done.:)

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Apparently, many are either planning to use lethal force on everyone that bothers them after SHTF or they are planning to carry a full compliment of alternative weapons.

Is human life so worthless to you, that anyone who is a little too persistant (asking for food, meds, shealter, ect.) is just going to get a bullet in the brain? You can't think of any other way to persuade him to leave you alone?

Alternatively, are you going to pack around a limited use item like pepper spray or a taser? Not the best use of your limited money or space.

Thats why I so foolishly sugested a baton or other striking implement, and posted the trauma chart earlier in this thread - because a baton is BOTH a very effective less than lethal weapon AND a deadly hand to hand implement depending on how it is used. A strike to the upper thigh that would only leave a deep welt and hobble a man could easily kill them if landed on the head or neck. How you use the baton determines its impact. Its also very easy to learn to use properly, as opposed to some of the more fancifull weapons posted here.

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    Apparently, many are either planning to use lethal force on everyone that bothers them after SHTF or they are planning to carry a full compliment of alternative weapons.

Is human life so worthless to you, that anyone who is a little too persistant (asking for food, meds, shealter, ect.) is just going to get a bullet in the brain? You can't think of any other way to persuade him to leave you alone

and when you tell them no they will most likely hate you now and see you as a target of oppertunity for food and such. in SHTF put a sign up to stay out and if they dont, well put a bullet in them and let god sort it out. no second chances in SHTF.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    no ammo? A baton is a good choice for melee range, recurve bow would be my choice for ranged because A) I can make one, or a longbow, so I can replace it if I break it/gets broken, B) I can make arrows for it (yes from scratch); it's just a weapon I can make all parts for, to include the weapon itself.

But traveling around like robin-hood will definitely come with a certain stigma, so I imagine I'll have to get good at speed-shooting the bow like Lars Anderson MY HERO!

Embed for the lazy...

[video=youtube_share;M1KC1Os-_NE]http://youtu.be/M1KC1Os-_NE[/video]

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    For the price of most of stuff listed you could just buy another case of ammo. $300 for 1k rounds or 1 low quality bow and zero arrows.....

Archery isn't cheap, quality blade steel isn't cheap. Ammo is actually pretty cheap per shot fired.

Top Bottom