• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    I like to have A slice of deep dish from time to time, but I much prefer to have several slices of thin crust. As for the best places for thin crust, I like DiMaggio's, and Heady's here in Evansville. Give me a large thin crust with everything, and a 12 pack of miller light, or a couple bottles of Hefeweizen, and I'm a happy man.

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    If you've never had a Hefe, you're missing out. German white beer, tastes amazing.

81_Schofferhofer_Hefeweizen.jpg

Most of the reason I gained all the weight back after I got out of the Army, and moved back to Germany for a year. That, and Döner kebab. :)

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    If you've never had a Hefe, you're missing out. German white beer, tastes amazing.

Most of the reason I gained all the weight back after I got out of the Army, and moved back to Germany for a year. That, and Döner kebab. :)

Cool, ill have to look for this and try it.
    My mothers side of the fam is from Germany, have a street named the same, and also a harmonica....Hohner, not sure of the area though.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I still remember my first one at their first store there on e 3rd st in Bloomington. Many moons ago but I can still smell and taste the sausage, mushroom and pepperoni. And that GREAT crust.:yesway::rockwoot:
    YES!!! the one beside Olan Mills..used to play black and white silent films continuously... IDK what happened but noble romans just sucks now. They used to have the worlds best crust, breadsticks and cheese sauce but now I'd rather just be hungry.

Good beer, but be sure you let it sit upside down a bit before opening it...as with any wheat beer (hefeweizen).

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I only ever went to Roble Nomans for a deep dish. It's not a connoisseur thing, I just liked them. Bad word to you with your smoking. I'm not objecting to you having your nicotine fix after eating, but I'm still eating, and I want to taste my food, not your smoldering butt. Believe me, whatever you think you're tasting sucking that in, it don't taste like that over here, and I haven't desensitized myself, you know?

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    It's been a few years ago. When did they change ownership?

OK my mistake. It was another place in Oak Lawn that was right by Nick & Vito's that changed ownership. Nick & Vito's confusion came in while talking about the one near 59th & Pulaski which was near my grandparents house. I think they are different owner's and not affiliated with each other.

Shive.Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2011
    Greenwood/Whiteland
    Pizza is pizza is pizza. I eat any style of pizza, topping dependent tho. None of that veggie crap. None of the Hawaiian crap. No fruits on my pizza please, just meat. Sausage, pepperoni, ham, bacon, Canadian bacon, etc...

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I like Chicago style, in that it's deep dish, it's thickness is tons of cheese and ingredients, and NOT just thick dough.

Nancy's Pizza here in Fishers, IN makes a pretty good Chicago style.

Top Bottom