• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I'm pumped....My step son just turned 6..the family wants to celebrate at Langles in Highland....they have a great deep dish pizza.

Anyone been there?

Its a good alternative to Giordanos...which is too far to travel.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Not a fan of deep dish. I've had Chicago's best and it was meh, at best. I like NY style or a nice wood fired pizza better. Hope you enjoy yours, tho.

Last edited:

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Best pizza in the state is in downtown Wanamaker at the New Bethel Ordinary (NBO). Large pizza is about 10 pounds. Tell 'em Machinegun Mike sent ya.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Not a fan of deep dish. Turoni's here in Evansville is outstanding thin crust pizza, but I can't afford to drink beer there. Highland Pizza on 1st. Ave. is good, with good beer prices. Darmstadt Inn has great pizza, and is also my favorite tavern.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Union Jacks in Speedway used to have an AMAZING deepdish/chicago style....haven't been there forever but if you go, expect a wait. It takes a good 45 minutes just to cook a small. On the plus side though, they have a good selection of brews to enjoy while it cooks.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Union Jacks in Speedway used to have an AMAZING deepdish/chicago style....haven't been there forever but if you go, expect a wait. It takes a good 45 minutes just to cook a small. On the plus side though, they have a good selection of brews to enjoy while it cooks.

Unfortunately they chose to remain a smoking establishment, went there a couple years ago and had the kids with me and we weren't allowed in. Wish they would change that,I like their tenderloin.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I'm more of a thin n crispy crust kinda guy. Leaves more room in the belly for ingredients doncha know. Quality ingredients make the pie.

Anyone ever had Vito & Nick's in Oak Lawn near Chicago? That stuff is the bomb!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Unfortunately they chose to remain a smoking establishment, went there a couple years ago and had the kids with me and we weren't allowed in. Wish they would change that,I like their tenderloin.
    IMO, good for them. I'm all for smokers rights. I've been a smoker all my life. Currently in the process of quitting, but still believe in the right to do so in a bar or after a meal.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    sheesh...just got back from Langels...full of deep dish goodness, my colon is screaming but it was worth it...lol

Some good suggestions in here to try though.
    Look forward to going places to try their DD!!

Top Bottom