• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluehdflhrs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I collect guns old Colts,Smiths,Rugers.Better investment than the stock market.I have never lost money on guns.I also have my carry and protection guns.I think you can never have to many.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Someone earlier mentioned that this thread has had a lot of response in a short time . That amazes me as I am a newbie to the sight . First of all I would like to applaud all of you for being very informative on this subject. Secondly , NO ONE has been downtrodding any one for what has been said. I was a little concerned I might hit a nerve that might explode into more than I wanted. I have learned & am happy that I joined the site. THANK YOU ALL!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Someone earlier mentioned that this thread has had a lot of response in a short time . That amazes me as I am a newbie to the sight . First of all I would like to applaud all of you for being very informative on this subject. Secondly , NO ONE has been downtrodding any one for what has been said. I was a little concerned I might hit a nerve that might explode into more than I wanted. I have learned & am happy that I joined the site. THANK YOU ALL!

Welcome to INGO. :patriot:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    ...I'd hope that a an IRA that I put $1000 in will give me more than a $150 return in 20 years
    Well, depending on your rate (which IS variable at most every source), not likely much more!

And that's IF the investment bank / firm / company is still in existence 20 years later. The firearm would still be there, and in-hand.

If I didn't spend my disposable income on guns, it would probably be wasted on wine, women and song...
    Oh sure, you say that like it's a 'bad' thing... :laugh:

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana

F*** Yeah!!!!!!

murica.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Well that really ticks me off :)

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I've been reading several posts here & there seems to be a lot of people who have many firearms. I'm having a hard time understanding this. You can only fire one ( well two ) at a time. Why buy a firearm only to have it sit in a safe. That to me seems as bad as some of the classic car buffs I run into that have a bunch of cars that sit in a garage for no one to see. Obviously an old gun may be important for heritage or value. One wouldn't drive around an Auburn classic or carry a first model handgun. I don't think these people all have (Auburn's) in their safes. I have a .22 rifle my parents gave me for Xmas, a 870 shotgun that I have hunted with & now a carry firearm for personal protection. Why so many?
    Friend, you're on the wrong forum asking that. Each gun has their purpose and there's no laws saying how many you can own.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Friend, you're on the wrong forum asking that

Oh I disagree !!! I've been reading different posts on this site for a while & I think this is exactly where I need to ask these questions ! I decided to join this site to learn more about what opportunities & challenges I have now that I own a handgun & carry legally. I HAVE learned & I'm sure I'll learn more from people on this site that are much more versed in this hobby , sport, addiction or what ever you wish to call it. You go to school to learn... I'm at school

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Guns are just one of those things that once you start buying them it is hard to stop. I have several guns. I've been trying to find the perfect EDC. While the clothes are light I will carry my LCP but once the clothes get heavier I will switch back to either my SP101 or switch to the CZ.

At night I get the SP101 out to put on the nightstand while I sleep. The CZ lives in the same drawer as the SP101. I often take the CZ out and hold it and caress it when I get out the SP101 or put it back. So even though the CZ isn't in the official rotation yet it gets lots of love. I keep it unloaded so I can get to know it better. I do however keep a loaded magazine for it in the drawer in case I should need it.

I have a few safe guns that I don't get out much but someday I hope to have more time to spend with them. They don't mind living in the safe in nice protective pouches. Overall it's not a bad life for a gun.

Guns and even knives or whatever you choose to collect can be a source of pleasure. I always feel happy after I have fingered my CZ or other guns for a few moments. I'm even happier when I get a day at the range. :)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Guns are just one of those things that once you start buying them it is hard to stop. I have several guns. I've been trying to find the perfect EDC. While the clothes are light I will carry my LCP but once the clothes get heavier I will switch back to either my SP101 or switch to the CZ.

At night I get the SP101 out to put on the nightstand while I sleep. The CZ lives in the same drawer as the SP101. I often take the CZ out and hold it and caress it when I get out the SP101 or put it back. So even though the CZ isn't in the official rotation yet it gets lots of love. I keep it unloaded so I can get to know it better. I do however keep a loaded magazine for it in the drawer in case I should need it.

I have a few safe guns that I don't get out much but someday I hope to have more time to spend with them. They don't mind living in the safe in nice protective pouches. Overall it's not a bad life for a gun.

Guns and even knives or whatever you choose to collect can be a source of pleasure. I always feel happy after I have fingered my CZ or other guns for a few moments. I'm even happier when I get a day at the range. :)

That was almost erotic. But then CZs are so easy to love. ;)

30calmachinegunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Westfield
    This really sounded like a troll post as that is same question gun grabbing liberals keep asking? Why do you need so many guns, you can only shoot one at a time! You shouldn't be able to buy more then one gun a month! Etc...

dontfeed

Top Bottom