With R's controlling EVERYTHING now What new legislation do you want?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Why do you think this? Why spend a minute on chasing this rabbit?

Indiana has no such statute (only school property) and the federal statute was struck down by the United States Supreme Court as unconstitutional in 1995 (the case is Lopez if you want to google it).

It may be a state of IN issue, not federal, but no carry on school property is ridiculous. Makes everyone that abides by the law easy targets.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Choose a few of the biggest issues for each side. Then go back in history and look when that side controlled the WH and Congress. Those biggest issues never really get fixed when that side is in power.

Politicians need us to hate each other. If we don't the massive amounts of money we send to their campaigns stops.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Will be interesting to see if Trump gets the feds to start enforcing the federal marijuana laws that some states are ignoring. This should be fun to watch.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Now that Trump has won, basically ANY pro 2A legislation we want should be able to get passed EASILY. So what do you guys want?

First on my list is NATIONAL concealed carry reciprocity. This means that your carry permit/license works like a drivers license, good all through out the nation, and less like a gym membership (only good at select locations).

Any others?

I dont understand how you say things should be passed easily. There is NO supermajority in either the house or senate. All bills will still need bipartisan support.

Zero new laws.

Repeal laws.

Most of them.

Yes Please!

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Still wondering if they'll kill the filibuster
    They shouldn't if they're smart. Because they'll be on the other side one day too. You should never do to the other party something that you wouldn't want them to do to you. It's part of the process. If it's too dangerous for the opposing side to do, you shouldn't either.

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    How about a national preemption of state firearms laws.

Help out our brothers in some of these states that passed stupid laws.

THAT would be nice. I am sure the states would take that to the supreme court. But once we get another new pro-gun justice, we could probably shove the law down their throat.

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    Why would you want Concealed Carry Reciprocity? States will fight and new restrictions and requirements to obtain a license would likely be implemented.

As for me, true Constitutional carry in all states and repeal the NFA, GCA of 1968, and disban the BATFE.

They could fight it as much as they want, it will go to the new pro-gun supreme court, and they will lose. Constitutional carry would be nice, but I don't think that will happen first.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I don't see automatics getting taken off the NFA any time soon.

Getting suppressors and SBRs off would be nice.

Getting rid of Hughes would be nice.

Speeding up the NFA background checks would be great.

I think those would have a better chance than straight repealing the whole NFA.

If you take SBR's, SBS's, and suppressors off of the NFA list the wait would be greatly reduced. The only thing left would be DD and full auto's.

Top Bottom