• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you buy a Hi Point if they looked much better?

• Total voters

justjoe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    gun counter at walmart
    have a 40 and it has yet to ftf or fte, even using the tull ammo from wally world. Far as looks go pretty is as pretty does, guess that is why i have a mini-14 and not an ar

forklfteddie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    i own one and it is just as good a gun as my other guns. i have owned three different ones and cant figure out as to why everyone puts them down.i even have a carbine in 9mm. it also shoots great. i agree my glocks feel better and are better quality, but if you cant afford a S/W, TAURUS,RUGER,COLT or many other brands. the hi point is the best gun on the market. the warranty alone is worth what it cost.i have gotten better service from Hi Point than from a more costly brand dealer. i would bet my life on mine,one must always take care of any gun in order for it to perform when called upon. Eddie

jeep911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    ive never seen one work as well as my glock 23 or 1911. no matter how much it cost if it doesnt go boom when i want it too i dont have a need for it.

growl18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    I think a gold trigger, walnut grips, a nice leather holster, suspenders (to hold your britches up from the weight) and you will have a gun that you could pass on to your grandchildren (where did I leave that purple?). Did the same people that made RG revolvers start Hi Point? 20 years from now, seeing a Hi Point that still shoots will be like seeing a Pinto driving down the street, a lone survivor.

IMO people don't buy hi points to pass on to there grandchildren. You also don't throw away your money by buying one. Your loss is $50-75 on a used sale.
    A lot less than a better quality pistol. People that buy Hi points know what they are buying. I have no regrets spending $100 to find out.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    No....i wouldn't keep one if it was given to me for free.....wouldn't trust my life with it....and its ugly as hell.

SO if you had an ugly kid.....you'd get rid of it? LOL

Don't judge a book by its cover......or a hi point by its hideousness :):

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    IMO people don't buy hi points to pass on to there grandchildren. You also don't throw away your money by buying one. Your loss is $50-75 on a used sale.
    A lot less than a better quality pistol. People that buy Hi points know what they are buying. I have no regrets spending $100 to find out.

I was being facetious

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    Not a big fan of the pistols..not because of looks,because of reliability,and they don't feel right in my hand......but I do like the carbine...for being basically the same action,is seems to be more reliable.....not to mention being a lot of fun to shoot....saving for a 45 carbine as we speak

Hazwhopper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    When I got back into shooting, I bought a hi point 40 and 9mm handgun. I shot them for awhile to see if I wanted to keep shooting. I did of course.
    Now I use the hi point on anything experimental reloading. If something messes up, then not to much invested. I would keep in vehile for protection if needed. But many times have other stuff for that!
    I do like them, heavy, but they do work at close range.

jeep911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    one could always just buy one dig a hole in the back yard. drop it in and cover it up. that way if you ever need a "drop gun" you know exactly where to find one.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Ive had a c9 for 10 years ran several hundred rounds through it, never a jam, to each their own but i trust my hi-point. it goes bang EVERY TIME.

jeep911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    i have a buddy who loves hi point and firearms like that, he bought a lorcin 380 at the 1500 a while back and loved it because it only jammed 4 times while shooting 100 rounds, i wasnt very impressed and the fact that the slide has came off and hit the shooter in the head added to my less than quality outlook on the lorcin. i know its not a hi point but my idea of the loricn is on the same level of hi points, but as it has been said, to each their own. as long as you have a firearm its all good

Top Bottom