• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As suck as this sounds now you know what your feelings mean to him. Do not stretch yourself out for him anymore. Apparently it means.....NADA.
    I had the same deal with my only brother. Had to shut off my help entirely.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    But I had one string I left attached! Give me first shot at it! But now that I am calmer, if he's happier with the Judge, so be it! I was just wondering about other ingo'ers trade horror stories!

I certainly understand your :facepalm: frustration with his decision, but a true gift should never have strings attached.

As for silly trades, I had a friend who impulsively decided he had to have a 1911... like NOW!

After doing exactly ZERO research and ignoring my words of advice he traded in his only pistol (and EDC), a quite new Glock 27, for a Rock Island compact. It wasn't even a straight trade, he had to pay $100 on top of the trade.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I certainly understand your :facepalm: frustration with his decision, but a true gift should never have strings attached.

As for silly trades, I had a friend who impulsively decided he had to have a 1911... like NOW!

After doing exactly ZERO research and ignoring my words of advice he traded in his only pistol (and EDC), a quite new Glock 27, for a Rock Island compact. It wasn't even a straight trade, he had to pay $100 on top of the trade.

:faint:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio

Good god!!!
    Finally, a post that makes me feel a little better!!!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Sometimes a gift from a family member SHOULD be more then a gift! But, , that's just me. My dad gave me a $50 Buck knife when I was 10. Wouldn't trade it for anything. But, like I said, that's just me.

I feel ya brother. My cousin and I have bought and traded guns from each other a lot over the years and one of out conditions between us is that if we sell one we check to make sure the other does not want it back. The biggest problem we have is remembering how much we paid for them.

T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI
    Yeah gift or whatever I would not be happy about that. I'd be more disappointed than anything that he didn't at least take the time to look up or ask you the values of said firearms.

Top Bottom