• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I sold a Short Chinese SKS (commando model ?) with all kinds of upgrades for $400. Composite stock, hand fitted receiver scope mount, optics, hqard case, etc. and a couple hundred rounds of ammo many moons ago. She questioned the deal with "are you SURE?" I said "of course. I'm selling it for what I have in it, I can just go to Bradis and buy another for $75 if I want one and build another."

Two weeks later I went to Bradis to buy my G27 (what I wanted the cash for) and discovered to my dismay, a month or two prior the supply had dried up entirely on those things, and even if I wanted another I'd have to spend $200 for a long Yugo SKS in sorry shape covered in cosmoline. :ugh:I had no idea the supply was wiped out. Apparently she did. I dont fault her entirely as she did give me an out.

While moving a safe I had sold to a friend a few weeks back we opened it up for the first time since I had emptied it of its content some several months ago. Sold off or moved all the guns. Or so I thought.
    My friend reached in and came out with an SKS. It was one we did the stock/mag upgrade and optic mount when my kids were young. It is the long gun they used to shoot. Talk about shocked. I sold off all the 7.62X39 long ago. Not sure what I am going to do with this or even what it is worth these days.......:dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    While moving a safe I had sold to a friend a few weeks back we opened it up for the first time since I had emptied it of its content some several months ago. Sold off or moved all the guns. Or so I thought.
    My friend reached in and came out with an SKS. It was one we did the stock/mag upgrade and optic mount when my kids were young. It is the long gun they used to shoot. Talk about shocked. I sold off all the 7.62X39 long ago. Not sure what I am going to do with this or even what it is worth these days.......:dunno:
    They're worth about 50 bucks... I'll give you 60, cause I like ya... ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They're worth about 50 bucks... I'll give you 60, cause I like ya... ;)

Yeah I am a sweet guy but not that sweet.....:laugh:

Crazy thing, I think I only paid $90 for it a long time ago. Probably more but it was 16 or more years ago. Bought the stock and mag conversion. Put an optic on it and the kids had a blast with that gun.
    That I forgot it was in there is nuts.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have a few guns that I will never let go. One is an Arisaka with a busted receiver. Not really worth a plug nickle, but my uncle gave it to me, and it will stay in its corner for the remainder of my life. Maybe I am old fashioned (or maybe I just dont get gifts very often, lol) but if someone thinks enough of me to give me a gift, then I will think enough of them to do my best to take care of it, and not let it go.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I traded an LC9 with 2 mags, IWB holster, box and papers I had bought for a nice 3913 with 3 mags. The guy wanted 100 rounds also and I said you got it. After he shoots those rounds he's left with a 350 dollar package and I got an item worth between 400-500 with the value set to go up as time goes on.

30calmachinegunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Westfield
    I didn't trade it but a friend did and I told him not to, but he traded a Colt gold cup national match 45, pre 70 series straight up for a S&W model 59 back when wonder 9's were hot back around 1982-3

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    A few years ago, I traded a mid-90's Winchester '84 30-30 that was absolutely mint for a Remington Genesis muzzle loader (new). Traded straight-up. I think it was a fair trade for here since we can't hunt that caliber, but I could have done a lot better selling the rifle online and just buying the muzzy. Like most gun sales/trades, I regret it now.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Just a bit of an update! My brother came over a few days ago, and explained to my that he made out on the deal. After all, " I got two guns now instead of one! I now have a .45 LC AND a .410!" I swear I just stared at him for an hour, I never even blinked! So now he's my " special" brother." Lesson learned, he'll always be my brother, but I'll never give him anything again!

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Is he still breathing.....did he get dropped on his freaking head a lot as a child. I know he is your brother but seriously.....Kick his a$$

Even better, tie a concrete block around his neck and toss his ass from a bridge. Gift or not you did ask for first dibs in the event he got rid of it.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think this thread is a great example of, "Cost is what you pay, value is what you get."

The free market says the 1911 has more dollar value. But, to your (special) brother, the value he got was worth it - "2" guns for 1.

I'm a bit curious what your other brother thinks of the deal. :) He might have his eyes on a mint condition Davis .380 or something more concealable. ;)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Just a bit of an update! My brother came over a few days ago, and explained to my that he made out on the deal. After all, " I got two guns now instead of one! I now have a .45 LC AND a .410!" I swear I just stared at him for an hour, I never even blinked! So now he's my " special" brother." Lesson learned, he'll always be my brother, but I'll never give him anything again!

At least one of you learned something from this experience. I'm glad you didn't need bail money. :draw:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    T.Lex; I'm a bit curious what your other brother thinks of the deal. :) He might have his eyes on a mint condition Davis .380 or something more concealable. ;)[/QUOTE said:
    My older brother is a lot like me, if I buy or if I'm looking at a gun, I'll research the **** out if it. Either by google, or my favorite and most reliable way, asking the Ingo'ers! But he's very happy and grateful for his Colt. He knows it will only be worth more later. I'm glad I gifted him the gun.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN

You may want to look into getting him a football helmet for when he visits. Someone who would make a trade like that HAS to be a window licker, lol

jbnash90

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Greenfield
    When I was 10, I traded my serving-size stack of cheddar pringles for a sugar-free chocolate Snack Pack pudding cup. HOLD ON, guys....... I didn't know at the time it was sugar-free pudding. Had I known it was sugar-free, I would have denied the trade in a heart beat. Not a day goes by that I don't regret every second of that....

For the record, cheddar Pringles are a gift from God himself.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I know that trading non-firearm related items for firearms is somewhat frowned upon by most traders.
    I took the time years ago to offer stuff for guns. It was a long process and I had to have thick skin to do it.
    Most people would be surprised what I started out with and what I ended up with.
    For example: I went from a crappy radio, 2 Hendrix posters, and 2 Zippos
    all the way up to a gen 3 Glock 23
    :cool:
    it wasn't easy. It took time (6 months), patience, and perserverance...but I did it.
    And I have a few "trade lineages" that started from "junk" and went all the way up to a nice gun.
    I'm sure some of the guys that I traded with...might have a regret or two lol

Top Bottom