• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    My older brother is a lot like me, if I buy or if I'm looking at a gun, I'll research the **** out if it. Either by google, or my favorite and most reliable way, asking the Ingo'ers! But he's very happy and grateful for his Colt. He knows it will only be worth more later. I'm glad I gifted him the gun.
    At least you'll have no trouble deciding who gets your collection, in the event of your demise! Sorry about the, "Special" kin!

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    I know that trading non-firearm related items for firearms is somewhat frowned upon by most traders.
    I took the time years ago to offer stuff for guns. It was a long process and I had to have thick skin to do it.
    Most people would be surprised what I started out with and what I ended up with.
    For example: I went from a crappy radio, 2 Hendrix posters, and 2 Zippos
    all the way up to a gen 3 Glock 23

:cool:/QUOTE] You got took son!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    After all, " I got two guns now instead of one!
    My dad gave me one dollar bill
    'Cause I'm his smartest son,
    And I swapped it for two shiny quarters
    'Cause two is more than one!

And then I took the quarters
    And traded them to Lou
    For three dimes -- I guess he don't know
    That three is more than two!

Just then, along came old blind Bates
    And just 'cause he can't see
    He gave me four nickels for my three dimes,
    And four is more than three!

And I took the nickels to Hiram Coombs
    Down at the seed-feed store,
    And the fool gave me five pennies for them,
    And five is more than four!

And then I went and showed my dad,
    And he got red in the cheeks
    And closed his eyes and shook his head--
    Too proud of me to speak!

~ Shel Silverstein

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    My dad gave me one dollar bill
    'Cause I'm his smartest son,
    And I swapped it for two shiny quarters
    'Cause two is more than one!

And then I took the quarters
    And traded them to Lou
    For three dimes -- I guess he don't know
    That three is more than two!

Just then, along came old blind Bates
    And just 'cause he can't see
    He gave me four nickels for my three dimes,
    And four is more than three!

And I took the nickels to Hiram Coombs
    Down at the seed-feed store,
    And the fool gave me five pennies for them,
    And five is more than four!

And then I went and showed my dad,
    And he got red in the cheeks
    And closed his eyes and shook his head--
    Too proud of me to speak!

~ Shel Silverstein
    :rofl:Thanks Jetgirl! made my day!

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I feel ya brother. My cousin and I have bought and traded guns from each other a lot over the years and one of out conditions between us is that if we sell one we check to make sure the other does not want it back. The biggest problem we have is remembering how much we paid for them.

My dad has bought a few guns from me over the years during financial hardships on my part... He always checks with me first if he wants to sell, and he also has a list of every firearm he owns, price paid, approximate current value (insurance purposes) and the designated person it goes to should something unfortunate happen (me or my sister).
    I can get back any of my guns from him at same price he paid. They were more or less "collateral" on a long term loan.

But having a list makes keeping track of things easy.

Bad trade thread:

Traded a FAL parts kit (everything minus receiver) for a pair of used, dime-a-dozen aluminum Camaro wheels that I only used for about a month, lol. Granted, it was back when those parts kits were dirt cheap, but they're not anymore...

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Is he still breathing.....did he get dropped on his freaking head a lot as a child. I know he is your brother but seriously.....Kick his a$$

After reading the update about the 2 for 1 gun deal, I'd say he must have ate paint chips as a kid! :dunno:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Not a trade, but it fits right in. A few years ago my father was talking to one of his friends about my interest in WWII firearms and it led to him showing me his all-matching German P.08 Luger that a relative of his had brought back from the war. He had no children and was getting old so I told him that if he ever wanted to get rid of it to please let me know and I would make him a fair offer. A year later I find out he is moving to a condo in Florida and is selling most of his possessions so I head over there. He takes one look at me, opens his eyes wide and says "Oh yeah, you wanted the Luger." He had already sold it to a gun shop, wait for it... for $50!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not a trade, but it fits right in. A few years ago my father was talking to one of his friends about my interest in WWII firearms and it led to him showing me his all-matching German P.08 Luger that a relative of his had brought back from the war. He had no children and was getting old so I told him that if he ever wanted to get rid of it to please let me know and I would make him a fair offer. A year later I find out he is moving to a condo in Florida and is selling most of his possessions so I head over there. He takes one look at me, opens his eyes wide and says "Oh yeah, you wanted the Luger." He had already sold it to a gun shop, wait for it... for $50!

Sad day.......:faint:

Top Bottom