• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Revolvers would be higher on my list if I had any DAO trigger experience. My only double action trigger training so far is the DA part of my DA/SA triggers, and most of those are about 10 lbs.

Heavier DAO triggers and pocket guns pretty much go together. The nice thing about a revolver is that a gun smith can smooth it out. Another option would be a Smith 638 with a shrouded hammer. You would at least then be able to cock the hammer for a deliberate single action shot.

If single action trigger is what you want how about a Sig P238?

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    My two cents, based on your stated wants, the Ruger LCP is really hard to beat.
    Mine rides in my right front pocket everday, all day. I truely forget it's there.
    It wears Desantis Nemisis holster.

Keep in mind it's intended purpose....it is NOT a range gun meant for fun. In a time of need, you won't notice the recoil. :)

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Indeed, I'm not afraid of recoil at all. I'm leaning towards the polymer framed guns because weight is hugely important for this application (the holster will be mounted inside of a less-than rigid bag). This is also why an excellent holster is hugely important.

Given the situation the mount will be firm enough to support the weight of the gun, but the lighter the gun is the easier it'll be to accomplish.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Indeed, I'm not afraid of recoil at all. I'm leaning towards the polymer framed guns because weight is hugely important for this application (the holster will be mounted inside of a less-than rigid bag). This is also why an excellent holster is hugely important.

Given the situation the mount will be firm enough to support the weight of the gun, but the lighter the gun is the easier it'll be to accomplish.

In that case the little 380s or a keltec PM9 might be the way to go.

Deucemizer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    I carry a Ruger LCP, it is very reliable and reasonably accurate. But if I really want to forget I'm carrying, I grab a NAA 22 mag, at then end of the day it gets dumped out of my pocket with a handfull of change and my car keys.

bullitstang1313

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Columbus
    I normally carry a 1911 but for summer I wanted something smaller so I started looking as well. I really liked the Sig P238 because of the similarites with the 1911. Felt like it was too expensive for a pocket pistol. I ended up buying the S&W Bodyguard 380. After much debate and consideration, the bodyguard was the better option over the LCP/LC9. But after a couple of trips to the range, I've decided the Bodyguard is not for me. The DA trigger pull for the Bodyguard is ridiculous. I'm fine shooting it at the range, but its not as 2nd nature for me as the SA of my 1911. In the end I've decided that its worth spending the extra money for something more natural. I'm either going with the P238, P938, Mustang, or 3" 1911. If you have the opportunity, you should try and shoot whatever options you are looking at. It could end up saving you money in the long run.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I have a walther ppk/s in 380 for everyday pocket carry...great little firearm....a little heavy but good pocket features which are a secure safety and a heavy first pull....got rid of the sig p238 for this reason, and the lcp,..also did not like the bodyguard 380 because the safety and laser are useless as they are both difficult to deactivate and activate (respectively)...cant beat a snubbie revolver for reliability and you can fire from your pocket but i just have to have a safety for peace of mind

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I have a Beretta Minx (.22 short) that I inherited from my father that I will pocket carry occasionally. If I were in the market for a pocket pistol now, I would look at the Beretta Tomcat in a .32. The tip open barrel negates needing to rack the slide, which is tougher on the smaller autoloaders. It fits in my pocket with or without a holster. It's not as big a round as you wanted, but the ease of use and concealability should make up for it.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I have a Ruger LC9 and it's a great little pistol. Goes bang every time the trigger is pulled. Over 300 rounds and some rapid fire, no FTF/FTE. Feels great in my hands and conceals very easily. My wife can fit the pistol in the front pocket of her daisy dukes...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I carry a Sig P238. It's been a great gun and carries very well in the pocket. It's one of the few pocket guns that is actually comfortable and fun to shoot.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    i have a pf9 and i would look stupid trying to pocket carry it-too big. I'm average height/weight and don't see how anyone can pocket carry a 9mm subcompact, the Sig p238 or even a snubnose revolver. the only thing that I know of that doesn't print in the pants pocket is an LCP/DB380/P3at or a NAA mini revolver. Everything else is just too heavy and you'll likely feel awkward and print like a mug or maybe my skinny jeans shouldn't be worn when I pocket carry! ;-)

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    LCP+ Tucker Gunleather pocket holster (draws way better than expected). I carry one everyday in a highly gun sensative industry (medical) and have had zero problems. Ideal? No. Best for my situation? No doubt.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Elkhart, IN
    I own the Colt Mustang and it is perfect for carrying in your pocket. I have a small cheap holster and just slide it into my front pocket of my jeans or shorts. Also the Mustang is a single action exactly like a 1911. You should love the trigger and it can be carried "cocked and locked"

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    LC9 is a good choice. I would +1 the Mustang if your pocketbook is large enough. You can have an LC9 for both front pockets for the cost of a Mustang. But it's the 1911 battery of arms, can be carried cocked and locked, [nutnfancy 2nd kind of cool] and it's a Colt! [/nutnfancy 2nd kind of cool]

redbaron

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Elberfeld
    Kahr PM9 or CM9. I have the PM9 and it fits nicely in my front pocket. It does have a long trigger pull but it is smooth. The little gun is actually fun to shoot as well.

Top Bottom