• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I carry a Kahr PM9. I have been very happy with it. Light, slim, and accurate. One of the best DAO triggers I have shot, especially for a pocket pistol.

jreeder108

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    NWI
    snub nosed .38 S&W. Revolver technology has been around forever, must mean it works. You can fire from a coat pocket with no malfunctions. This is my choice to wear during the colder months.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    One other thing about the Sig P238: It workes well when covered in lint. I normally keep my guns pretty clean, but last year I had a busy spell that ended up with me neglecting to check the P238 after about a solid week of pocket carry. I was appalled at how much lint was filling the back of the slide and trigger area. You could not even see the firing pin. As an experiment, I left it as it was and on the next range trip, fired it in that condition. The first round fired normally and any trace of lint had been blown away. The rest of the mag worked just as well.

Pocket guns can live in a harsh environment and the P238 seems to be fine with that.

bushcf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Terre Haute
    The SW380BG is what I've purchased for carry. The trigger pull took me a little getting use too, but I think it's a good all around CC gun.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Can you elaborate on the specifics of this?

Sure. I had issues with the slide stop lever on the Kahr and my natural grip position. I had a high grip which made firing uncomfortable due to the slide stop driving back into my right thumb. I smoothed the lever to remove the sharpness which helped some but just wasn't what I wanted in my quest for my "perfect" pocket carry pistol.

The Beretta Nano does not have any external levers with the exception of the mag release. I can obtain a very fast natural point without any concern for readjustment of my grip. Understandably the recoil/lever issue of thr Kahr would not be of concern in a high stress situation but not much fun at the range. I also like the smoothness of the slide on the Beretta compared to the Kahr. It's also easier to charge. My trigger on the Nano was originally rough and had issues first time to the range on the return stroke of the trigger. Bite the Bullet where I traded did an outstanding job of helping me by smoothing the trigger bar promptly rather than having me be without my pistol by sending it back to Beretta for repair. My trigger is now just as good or better than my Kahr. Finally, the Nano just feels better made IMO.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom