• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chasegp8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    I find that I like my S&W Bodyguard .380 more and more, despite it not being on my original list to purchase. Sometimes deals come by that you just can't let pass by. I'll tell you though, my original choice was going to be either a Colt Mustang or a SIG P238, and both of those offer a SA trigger, per your stated preference.

Does the trigger pull on this gun bother you? I shot a bodyguard at the range a couple of weeks ago and was surprised at how long the trigger pull was.

sdh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    4 Corners
    I have a S&W bodyguard .38, but can't hit anything past 15'. I prefer the H&K P7 in .380 it is a little bigger, but a whole lot more accurate, and safer

Brown86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    I have a Ruger LC9 also and like it alot. Was looking at the LCP but the handle was so small i couldn't get a good grip on it, so i went with the LC9 and im glad i did.

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I use a Taurus Ultralite .38 for pocket carry. I've had S&W and Colt snubbies, and if I had any brains when I was younger I'd still have the Colt.

S&W has a better trigger, but the Taurus is just right for me. The sites just seem to work well, the grip is good, and I can ping head shots at 25' reliably. There is NOTHING that says a snubby has to be inaccurate, its just the short sight radius makes them unforgiving and the sites typically suck. Find one you like the sights on and will practice with and you'll be fine.

Opinions will vary, but I always carry .38 +p in a snubby. .357 factory rounds are usually optimized for a 6-8" barrel, and just don't benefit much when you are talking about a 2" or shorter. The bullet is out of the barrel too quick, and the extra powder burn is wasted. You get a lot of extra muzzle flash and recoil for not much extra fps. I'd rather have the quicker recovery and second shot, myself. If you do want .357 in a snubby, there is specialized ammo out there with a quicker burn rate, but I've never tried it.

A good friend of mine used a Walther PPK, but I'm so used to a 1911 the flipping of a safety up instead of down felt odd to me and I never liked it. My prejudices don't affect you, though, and you may find it works well for you.

sarena

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    MY favorite pocket pistol is Glock PN33507 Model 33 357 Sig.

Last edited by a moderator:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom