• Poll closed .

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Someone go help change this man's fuel pump! One word...MINIMILL!

Confirmed- Ill bring the sandblasting cabinet/compressor/media Small drill press up to the task for our needs. The scope mount jig will be with me. All my AR specialized tools just in case someone needs to use them.
    Ill cover transportation for Warthog since he lives fairly close to me and it seems it will work better for him concerning his back.
    Warthog's 20ton press if needed might fit in my Tahoe. Ill have to PM for dimensions. Will we need it there? I do have a press also but Im pretty sure it is a 12ton but I know it will fit in my Tahoe with all my other stuff that I am bringing.
    Middle July works for me.

We will need a all thread setup for drawing barrels back in to the trunion for barrel installation. Ill look around for the parts to make a setup.

Someone feel free to do my pump for me :-) it's a real PIA! I have done it before :-(

Barrel press, I have a bunch of brass and can spin what ever we need to do it on the lathe. I just need a drawing. BTW the lathe moves with the mini mill :-) It's a all in one!

If you bring the duracoat I have the stuff (sprayer, proper compressor, Ect) to put it on.

This is great! was can possibly add finish coat to the list!

I have threading tools and stuff for saiga conversions.

Awesome. It will be great to have your experience!

Attended the last build party and have amassed some of the Toth tools but not a complete set. I have two kits needing headspacing and riveted and will definitely attend. I had my receivers fully heat treated and have some warpage and will need some "expert" consultation to get completed. I like the idea of parking for those who want it. Has anybody here have any experience duracoting? Might be an option if we are going for the complete deal? I just need a date and I'm there. I did think the Sunday deal worked pretty well last time. Let's get it done this time!

This is awesome too! With a name like that maybe you should be leading this :-)

Update:

Feel free to add and remove things. PM me or trigger time or just post it here with changes.

Place and a welder & some vices: Triggertime has graciously stepped forward with the offer of those! (Can't say thanks enough) I am going to let him come up with a date and we will work around it.

Press: Thewabbit and Jmsrussel (Thanks)

Toth tool set: Spearheadersarge (Thanks)

Air compresser & bolt down tools: Triggertime (Thanks)

Barrel pressing jig: Working on it!

Barrel threading: Jmsrussel (Thanks)

Bending jigs: 30calmachinegunner has offered use (Thanks!)

Die grinder: Triggertime (Thanks)

Drill press: I have a small one and several others have offered. A few of those would be great.

Head spacing gauges: Working on it

Riveting: Psode22 has the stuff (Thanks)

Sand blasting: Remauto1187 (Thanks) and bring your scope jig! :-)

Spot welder: Thewabbit

I have a tap and die set I can bring.

Jobs:

Finish coat: maybe.. :-)

Pressing barrel pins: Sgtonory has offered to help with doing that.

Barrel threading Jmsrussel

Builders:
    Airborne18th
    Psode22
    Remauto1187
    Spearheadersarge
    Thewabbit
    Triggertime
    Warthog
    1911ly

I haven't seen anyone volunteer head space gauges yet. I might buy a set for 762x39. Other caliber's are on there own :-)

I like where this is going! Get your parts and kits lined up people :-) the date will be here before you know it! I'll toss out a date of the 19th or 20th? Saturday's or Sunday's are fine for me. I don't have a real job :-) Can we toss one of thes date around?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Attended the last build party and have amassed some of the Toth tools but not a complete set. I have two kits needing headspacing and riveted and will definitely attend. I had my receivers fully heat treated and have some warpage and will need some "expert" consultation to get completed. I like the idea of parking for those who want it. Has anybody here have any experience duracoting? Might be an option if we are going for the complete deal? I just need a date and I'm there. I did think the Sunday deal worked pretty well last time. Let's get it done this time!

I forgot to touch on the warped receiver. Sorry about that. If it is heat treated it will need to be annealed or it will spring back in to shape or maybe crack. Heated to a dull red and let cool down. It needs to be kept away from oxygen while it cools or it will rust. Bury it in sand is the usual way. It would be tricky to do without warping more. The heat treater should be able to anneal it. Bring it if not and we can look at it. Have you got pics? Is it just not square?

Airborne18th

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    1911ly, you have done a lot. Thanks again for getting this together. I purchased the headspace gauges from AK builder for 7.62 X 39. I grabbed the go and no go gauges. Also is there something I can bring that we will use like blasting medium or coating for the rifles.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    1911ly, you have done a lot. Thanks again for getting this together. I purchased the headspace gauges from AK builder for 7.62 X 39. I grabbed the go and no go gauges. Also is there something I can bring that we will use like blasting medium or coating for the rifles.

Thank you!! that saves on the budget :-) I am not sure what supply's are needed but I'd be glad to chip in too.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Update:

Feel free to add and remove things. PM me or trigger time or just post it here with changes.

Place and a welder & some vices: Triggertime has graciously stepped forward with the offer of those! (Can't say thanks enough) I am going to let him come up with a date and we will work around it.

Drill press: Several have offered so we should be covered.

Head spacing gauges: 762x39 Airborne18th (Thanks)

Jobs:

Finish coat: maybe.. :-) If we do this those that have it done should chip in to help cover cost of supplies.

Builders:

Airborne18th
    Psode22
    Remauto1187
    Spearheadersarge
    Thewabbit
    Triggertime
    Warthog
    1911ly

I like where this is going! Get your parts and kits lined up people :-) the date will be here before you know it! I'll toss out a date of the 19th or 20th? Saturday's or Sunday's are fine for me. I don't have a real job :-) Can we toss one of these dates around?

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I might be interested. Just Depends on the when and where.

Clay!! I was hope you'd be able to help! I know you are one of the most experienced! Let's hope the date works out for you. Thanks! We are talking about doing this at Trigger times place. I beleive he is south of Indy.

I can work around any of those dates. Ultimately it's Triggertimes call Because we're attaching his place :yesway: I'd vote 21-22 just because it gives a little more time if someone hasn't source there stuff. If we have our stuff then by all means lets do it earlier! I am placing an order today if I can get my credit card back from my daughter (graduation weekend for her and daddy is ponying up for all the stuff errr..<3 her too much. She's a daddy's girl)

I'll post a updated info list her shortly. I might take some video if no one minds? I'd post it on my Youtube channel to share it? I'll bring a couple of tablet's and a laptop so we have WiFi there to look up info and stuff if it's needed. I can bring my own internet if there is good service there.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Update:

Feel free to add and remove things. PM me or Triggertime or just post it here with changes.

Jobs:

Finish coat: maybe.. :-) If we do this those that have it done should chip in to help cover cost of supplies.

Assembly help: Clay

Builders:

Airborne18th
    Psode22
    Remauto1187
    Spearheadersarge
    Thewabbit
    Triggertime
    Warthog
    1911ly
    -----

We can even do I in august if people need more time.
    I just cant do July from the 21st on

I am in no hurry. Can the builder's chime in here with how far along you are on sourcing your parts? I don't for see trouble having my stuff ready.

If you are building a rifle does any one have any questions about 922 compliance ? Pistols, no issues.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Update:

Feel free to add and remove things. PM me or Triggertime or just post it here with changes.

Jobs:

Assembly help: Clay ?

Builders:

Airborne18th
    Psode22
    Remauto1187
    Spearheadersarge
    Thewabbit
    Triggertime
    Warthog
    1911ly
    -----

I am in no hurry. Can the builder's chime in here with how far along you are on sourcing your parts? I don't for see trouble having my stuff ready.

If you are building a rifle does any one have any questions about 922 compliance ? Pistols, no issues.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I shouldn't have any trouble getting my kit and parts by the end of July, but August is an option if others new more time.
    Also for anyone wanting to duracoat (if you buy the paint), this might be a two day process so take that into consideration and if you need to leave parts hanging overnight the tools to complete your build might not be there the next day.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I have several jig sets from AK-Builder: barrel press(I've also made my own), riveter, trunnion holder, and trigger guard. I also have go/no go gauges for 7.62x39 and 5.45x39.

August would be fine for me too.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Any one else for a date in August? The Duracoat may be a issue. I had not though about the dry time. I can moly coat mine as an after thought or Parkerize it. I am not fussy. I am actually learning towards buying a second kit. It never ends!!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Thank Wabbit. That covers barrel pressing. I have my barrel head spaced already. I just need to drill the barrel pin. I'll need to remove the barrel to rivet it and then repress it in. I'll drill the barrel ahead of time. I also need to drill the gas port. AK builder has the drills. I am going to buy some. They are a high wear item so I will provide my own drills. I don't care if we wear them out. So we will have drill bits and reamers for the finish cut till we wear them out lol.

----------
    Update:

Ak-builder tools: The Wabbit (Thanks)

Barrel pressing jig: Thewabbit (thanks)

Drill bits for pins and the barrel: 1911ly, If anyone has any we may or may not need them.

Head spacing gauges: 762x39 Airborne18th and the Wabbit (Thanks)

Riveting: Psode22 and Theabbit has the stuff (Thanks)

Jobs:

Assembly help: Clay ? Please Please :yesway:

Builders:

Airborne18th
    Psode22
    Remauto1187
    Spearheadersarge
    Thewabbit
    Triggertime
    Warthog
    1911ly
    -----

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    August is fine with me if it is fine with my ride. In fact it gives me more time to get the receiver and such I need.

Is anyone bringing a Dremel? I may be a little rusty but those always come in handy and I can bring one with some metal cutting wheels and other grinding things for the last finishing stuff that happens. I have one of those with the stiff to make it work. I can try to find my drill bits for the drills too... no promise on that though.

I have also decided that I am going to make my time on the tools short. I will build a full stock Polish Kit (will have an underfolder stock to sell if anyone wants it)(gonna have to find a rear trunnion for it) and if the wheel cutters and drill press will be there for sure I will fix my Saiga 223 so it will take a regular stick vs the ACE folder it had on it. (ACE is already sold and gone). I do want to ready some flats on the rig and welder though just to have for the next party. I will take them home with me to harden stuff that needs it and drill the holes but not use them this time.

I will also bring some bacon but not more than a package, since I also checked that box. Pre=cooked and ready to eat if any makes it to the party. Not sure if Remauto1187 will be hongry or not nd he gets dibs since he's driving. :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom