• Poll closed .

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    August is fine with me if it is fine with my ride. In fact it gives me more time to get the receiver and such I need.

Is anyone bringing a Dremel? I may be a little rusty but those always come in handy and I can bring one with some metal cutting wheels and other grinding things for the last finishing stuff that happens. I have one of those with the stiff to make it work. I can try to find my drill bits for the drills too... no promise on that though.

I have also decided that I am going to make my time on the tools short. I will build a full stock Polish Kit (will have an underfolder stock to sell if anyone wants it)(gonna have to find a rear trunnion for it) and if the wheel cutters and drill press will be there for sure I will fix my Saiga 223 so it will take a regular stick vs the ACE folder it had on it. (ACE is already sold and gone). I do want to ready some flats on the rig and welder though just to have for the next party. I will take them home with me to harden stuff that needs it and drill the holes but not use them this time.

I will also bring some bacon but not more than a package, since I also checked that box. Pre=cooked and ready to eat if any makes it to the party. Not sure if Remauto1187 will be hongry or not nd he gets dibs since he's driving. :)
    I have a couple dremel a and a bit kit. One dremel has a Long extension on it so you can hang the actual motor up and be more agile with the head. I also have a regular dremel. Feel free to bring any bits you may need just incase I don't have the one you want.

id also rather have this in august

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    You're the host so maybe we can do it in Aug?

I will just bring the Dremel and some metal cutting disks then and leave the rest of the bits to you. :)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Your welcome to use my dremels and bits. Anything I have is available for anyone that needs it. I'm really looking forward to hanging out with new like minded people and learning some new gun stuff!!

As long as everyone else doesn't mind I'd love to do it in august. The date in august doesn't matter for me.

also I do have A/C in the garage and large fans. Before the event I plan on buying and installing another window A/c unit to make it even cooler and faster.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have a extra dremel tool I can bring too. I have some diamond cutoff wheels that are awesome. We'll have a couple dremel tools. August works for me!

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    August works well for me too. I just need to put something on the calendar before my wife gives me something to do! I can bring a few dremel tools, I have a few floating around. It has been a while since I looked at the process for parking, but that would be awesome. durakote or anything like that would be great as well, but if it didnt happen, so be it! I have a few functional projects sitting around I need to get around to getting a finish on. my list of things to accomplish is relatively short. If I could heat treat a few receivers, and get two 74 kits headspaced, I'd be thrilled.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I just bought a bulgy AK74 kit. It's missing some stuff. Looks like I need a barrel, gas block, front sight and a muzzle brake. Maybe more. I'll have to check it over when it gets here. It has some trench art carving on the stock. I'll have to decide if i am going to leave that or get a new furniture.

Paul, it looks like we both need 74's head spaced. I'll get gauges if no one has them!

August is fine with me too!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I just bought a bulgy AK74 kit. It's missing some stuff. Looks like I need a barrel, gas block, front sight and a muzzle brake. Maybe more. I'll have to check it over when it gets here. It has some trench art carving on the stock. I'll have to decide if i am going to leave that or get a new furniture.

Paul, it looks like we both need 74's head spaced. I'll get gauges if no one has them!

August is fine with me too!
    if you decide to get rid of the trench art stock I have a bulgy wood stock set I'll trade you for it.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    if you decide to get rid of the trench art stock I have a bulgy wood stock set I'll trade you for it.

i'll bring it. I have a photo of it but it is not really clear as to what it is. I thing it is writing. I have a friend that can translate it for me when I get it. you can decide if it is cool enough to want.

I have 5.45 go/no-go

You are awesome sir!!!!!!

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    August is fine with me if it is fine with my ride. In fact it gives me more time to get the receiver and such I need.

Is anyone bringing a Dremel? I may be a little rusty but those always come in handy and I can bring one with some metal cutting wheels and other grinding things for the last finishing stuff that happens. I have one of those with the stiff to make it work. I can try to find my drill bits for the drills too... no promise on that though.

I have also decided that I am going to make my time on the tools short. I will build a full stock Polish Kit (will have an underfolder stock to sell if anyone wants it)(gonna have to find a rear trunnion for it) and if the wheel cutters and drill press will be there for sure I will fix my Saiga 223 so it will take a regular stick vs the ACE folder it had on it. (ACE is already sold and gone). I do want to ready some flats on the rig and welder though just to have for the next party. I will take them home with me to harden stuff that needs it and drill the holes but not use them this time.

I will also bring some bacon but not more than a package, since I also checked that box. Pre=cooked and ready to eat if any makes it to the party. Not sure if Remauto1187 will be hongry or not nd he gets dibs since he's driving. :)

Ill have a bacon sammich smothered in bacon! :laugh:

August works for me too. Its probably generally better for most since it gives everyone more time to gather parts still needing to be acquired. Dont forget the compliance parts! For those that dont know what the term "compliance parts" means...better speak up and get informed so you dont break any laws (albeit ridiculous but still the law).

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Ill have a bacon sammich smothered in bacon! :laugh:

August works for me too. Its probably generally better for most since it gives everyone more time to gather parts still needing to be acquired. Dont forget the compliance parts! For those that dont know what the term "compliance parts" means...better speak up and get informed so you dont break any laws (albeit ridiculous but still the law).

I agree. Especially since I just took on another AK project :-( I am not sure what I need for this one until I get it. I will have to inventory it closely. I think I have the other one figured out. Are the 74 flats close enough that the 47 jig will work? If so I might just buy a couple flats.

Yeah, 922 is very important!!!!!

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    DANG! Someone beat me to the trench art stock... I would love to have that for the collection...

Anyway, I will be ready for this one. Getting pretty excited in fact. Remauto will have his Bacon Sammich with bacon hot. :) The rest of you folks are outta luck. LOL

All kits sold now-a-days are sans barrel though the rest of it should be there like the gas block. Usually the barrel is cut up so it can't be used so you get the GB and other stuff it has on it though plus the front trunnion. Drilling a 45 degree GB is pretty easy. No front trunnion will be a mess. Kits WITH a barrel already if all matching should not need headspacing though it is good to check it.

And here is your "Compliance" stuff...
    [Code of Federal Regulations]
    [Title 27, Volume 2]
    [Revised as of April 1, 2003]
    From the U.S. Government Printing Office via GPO Access
    [CITE: 27CFR478]

[Page 101-169]

TITLE 27--ALCOHOL, TOBACCO PRODUCTS AND FIREARMS

CHAPTER II--BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FIREARMS, AND EXPLOSIVES,
    DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE

PART 478--COMMERCE IN FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION

on page 119....

[T.D. ATF-270, 53 FR 10494, Mar. 31, 1988]
    Sec. 478.39 Assembly of semiautomatic rifles or shotguns.

(a) No person shall assemble a semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun
    using more than 10 of the imported parts listed in paragraph (c) of this
    section if the assembled firearm is prohibited from importation under
    section 925(d)(3) as not being particularly suitable for or readily
    adaptable to sporting purposes.
    (b) The provisions of this section shall not apply to:
    (1) The assembly of such rifle or shotgun for sale or distribution
    by a licensed manufacturer to the United States or any department or
    agency thereof or to any State or any department, agency, or political
    subdivision thereof; or
    (2) The assembly of such rifle or shotgun for the purposes of
    testing or experimentation authorized by the Director under the
    provisions of Sec. 478.151; or
    (3) The repair of any rifle or shotgun which had been imported into
    or assembled in the United States prior to November 30, 1990, or the
    replacement of any part of such firearm.
    (c) For purposes of this section, the term imported parts are:
    (1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
    (2) Barrels
    (3) Barrel extensions
    (4) Mounting blocks (trunions)
    (5) Muzzle attachments
    (6) Bolts
    (7) Bolt carriers
    (8) Operating rods
    (9) Gas pistons
    (10) Trigger housings
    (11) Triggers
    (12) Hammers
    (13) Sears
    (14) Disconnectors
    (15) Buttstocks
    (16) Pistol grips
    (17) Forearms, handguards
    (18) Magazine bodies
    (19) Magazine followers
    (20) Magazine floorplates

What this means is that your rifle
    !!CANNOT HAVE MORE THAN 10 IMPORTED PARTS ON THAT LIST!!

So for ANY AK it boils down to this....

The parts on the list that pertain to AK type rifle are as follows:
    (1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings*
    (2) Barrels*
    (3) Barrel extensions* (if the barrel is too short like a fake can)
    (5) Muzzle attachments*
    (6) Bolts
    (7) Bolt carriers
    (9) Gas pistons*
    (11) Triggers*
    (12) Hammers*
    (14) Disconnectors*
    (15) Buttstocks*
    (16) Pistol grips*
    (17) Forearms, handguards*
    (18) Magazine bodies*
    (19) Magazine followers*
    (20) Magazine floorplate*

* these are the parts you can generally find made here in the USA. I can give inks to vendors if that is needed too. Those of you with the new, no barrel type kits will have two already dealt with since your receiver (#1) and barrel (#2) will be USA Made. Likely all of us will have US Made #1's receivers.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I also have tools/experience doing AR's if someone needs to put an upper or lower together if that process is need as well. I hope we can get this thing done this time! Looking forward to it. I hope someone takes more pics this time. I would kind of like to see a album of o bunch of completed firearms of varieties, 7.62, 5.45, ar's , maybe even a shotgun assy. Who knows?

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I'll be bringing a bunch of parts incase people forget stuff. It'll be good to see everyone again.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    DANG! Someone beat me to the trench art stock... I would love to have that for the collection...

Anyway, I will be ready for this one. Getting pretty excited in fact. Remauto will have his Bacon Sammich with bacon hot. :) The rest of you folks are outta luck. LOL

All kits sold now-a-days are sans barrel though the rest of it should be there like the gas block. Usually the barrel is cut up so it can't be used so you get the GB and other stuff it has on it though plus the front trunnion. Drilling a 45 degree GB is pretty easy. No front trunnion will be a mess. Kits WITH a barrel already if all matching should not need headspacing though it is good to check it.

And here is your "Compliance" stuff...
    [Code of Federal Regulations]
    [Title 27, Volume 2]
    [Revised as of April 1, 2003]
    From the U.S. Government Printing Office via GPO Access
    [CITE: 27CFR478]

[Page 101-169]

TITLE 27--ALCOHOL, TOBACCO PRODUCTS AND FIREARMS

CHAPTER II--BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FIREARMS, AND EXPLOSIVES,
    DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE

PART 478--COMMERCE IN FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION

on page 119....

[T.D. ATF-270, 53 FR 10494, Mar. 31, 1988]
    Sec. 478.39 Assembly of semiautomatic rifles or shotguns.

(a) No person shall assemble a semiautomatic rifle or any shotgun
    using more than 10 of the imported parts listed in paragraph (c) of this
    section if the assembled firearm is prohibited from importation under
    section 925(d)(3) as not being particularly suitable for or readily
    adaptable to sporting purposes.
    (b) The provisions of this section shall not apply to:
    (1) The assembly of such rifle or shotgun for sale or distribution
    by a licensed manufacturer to the United States or any department or
    agency thereof or to any State or any department, agency, or political
    subdivision thereof; or
    (2) The assembly of such rifle or shotgun for the purposes of
    testing or experimentation authorized by the Director under the
    provisions of Sec. 478.151; or
    (3) The repair of any rifle or shotgun which had been imported into
    or assembled in the United States prior to November 30, 1990, or the
    replacement of any part of such firearm.
    (c) For purposes of this section, the term imported parts are:
    (1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings
    (2) Barrels
    (3) Barrel extensions
    (5) Muzzle attachments
    (6) Bolts
    (7) Bolt carriers
    (8) Operating rods
    (9) Gas pistons
    (10) Trigger housings
    (11) Triggers
    (12) Hammers
    (13) Sears
    (14) Disconnectors
    (15) Buttstocks
    (16) Pistol grips
    (17) Forearms, handguards
    (18) Magazine bodies
    (19) Magazine followers
    (20) Magazine floorplates

What this means is that your rifle
    !!CANNOT HAVE MORE THAN 10 IMPORTED PARTS ON THAT LIST!!

So for ANY AK it boils down to this....

The parts on the list that pertain to AK type rifle are as follows:
    (1) Frames, receivers, receiver castings, forgings or stampings*
    (2) Barrels*
    (3) Barrel extensions* (if the barrel is too short like a fake can)
    (5) Muzzle attachments*
    (6) Bolts
    (7) Bolt carriers
    (9) Gas pistons*
    (11) Triggers*
    (12) Hammers*
    (14) Disconnectors*
    (15) Buttstocks*
    (16) Pistol grips*
    (17) Forearms, handguards*
    (18) Magazine bodies*
    (19) Magazine followers*
    (20) Magazine floorplate*

* these are the parts you can generally find made here in the USA. I can give inks to vendors if that is needed too. Those of you with the new, no barrel type kits will have two already dealt with since your receiver (#1) and barrel (#2) will be USA Made. Likely all of us will have US Made #1's receivers.

I don't know how cool this stock will be. We will have to see. If I don't like it Triggertimes got first dib's!

I'll be bringing a bunch of parts incase people forget stuff. It'll be good to see everyone again.

That would be great. There is always something missing. I am doing my best to go over everything but I would not be surprised if I miss something.

I hope you aren't going to be dress like your avatar... :):

What he said!! Although if you are really helpful maybe know one will notice :laugh: It's great to have you on board! Thanks

----
    Dates, I an open any weekend in August. Trigger time, What date is good for you?

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I also have tools/experience doing AR's if someone needs to put an upper or lower together if that process is need as well. I hope we can get this thing done this time! Looking forward to it. I hope someone takes more pics this time. I would kind of like to see a album of o bunch of completed firearms of varieties, 7.62, 5.45, ar's , maybe even a shotgun assy. Who knows?

Hopefully we can do a AR build party too. I have tools and vice blocks to. They go pretty fast.

Top Bottom