Are We Going To Act? Where Do You Stand?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Hello,

In the thread below, https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...fense/141370-had_the_police_called_on_me.html , I stated that I wrote the following to the restaurant and corporate:

Within the hour, several people had read it, and I received this reply:

We are being asked to act!

I only post this here because it seems that it is extremely important to most of us, and the response I received may not get the attention it deserves in a thread already filled past what most people will read.

Where do you stand? :rockwoot:

Josh

I think you should take him on his WORD, & see if you have a FINE dining experiance:yesway:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    This is good stuff. Before these threads I had never heard of a "HuHot". Frankly, the name makes me laugh:D. But it sounds to me like these guys are on their capitalism game and see this as an opportunity to gain a niche crowd. That's good for them, and it's good for us- this thing is full of win:rockwoot:. If I'm ever close to one, I'll be eating there.

Good job to "Josh" on this one:yesway:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    this will be a model for OC in Indiana. "Waiter, that man has a GUN!!!" "Yes, sir, open carry is legal in Indiana. He's a regular patron, here with his wife and daughter. Are you enjoying your food?"

Oh, sure, it all sounds fine, but then Kirk goes and orders coffee.

We'll have LPD, TCSD and half the state police there.:D

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I'm in! And I have several housemates that carry as well, and I'm sure they would be down also!

(Might also be a good motivation for them to finally get on INGO...)

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Joshua, I would actually like to invite you and other legally registered sidearm carriers to visit our location in the coming weeks to see, first-hand, the improvements we are making. Would you be willing to help us make our restaurants more open-carry friendly. I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you, in advance, for your cooperation.

Brian Schalk
    Appetize - HuHot Mongolian Grill
    920-380-0611

Now somebody needs to inform him that we are licensed, not registered. Baby steps! :D

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    No, it wasn't. I open carried in there in January after going shooting at Applied Ballistics.

I open carried there as well on Jan. 30th.

At least 4 trips through the buffet line. Not a word.

I'll make it a point to go back.

Actually when I was talking to the manager he said it was the first time it has happened, I informed him that no it's not. I remembered from the Huhot thread that at least one person carried there.

Here is the reply I received.
    Tim,
    Thank you for sending me your message. I do appreciate you taking the time. I agree, this situation should have been handled differently. This is the first time our management staff has encountered a sidearm being carried into our restaurant by someone other than a law enforcement officer and I feel they were not properly trained in how to handle a situation like this. For this, I apologize.
    You'll be happy to know that we will be discussing this situation with our entire management and hourly staff to better equip then with information concerning the open-carry law. Hopefully with better training, a situation like this, in the future, can be handled in a much more appropriate manner.

Again, thank you. My sincerest apologies.
    Brian Schalk

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I'm working on it, folks.

Like I said, I'm not one to plan things. I just wanted the manager's take on the deal.

Right now I take my work day-by-day, which, though it's not a bad living, makes it hard to plan things. Always on call.

Weekends are not so bad, but with this new Mosin-Nagant sight thing I'm doing (regardless of whether I ultimately become an advertiser here, I do have orders from other boards I need to fill), I stay busy.

The stars will have to align to where I can get all the sights done during the week so that I have a Saturday to drive there, if I'm to "lead" this "charge".

Josh

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Just my thoughts:

Those who are nearby and comfortable carrying openly should simply go at their own convenience and even mention this invitation from management to come and see that carrying will not be an issue again.

Those who are farther away, or aren't as comfortable OCing outside of a group, or just want to get together with other INGOers, plan a specific date and time for a follow-up outing.

If they respond poorly again to an individual, I'd hate to give them our patronage as a larger group when they might consider behaving differently to collect the larger bill.

:twocents:

Top Bottom