Are you going to Friday Night Steel on November 11th?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you coming to FNS on Friday, November 11th?

• Total voters

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    1.jpg

rala

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Evansville
    It's actually a MkII Competition Slab Side. 22/45s won't work. :(

I live in Batesville so I am not familiar with any gun shops in Indy but I DO know how to get to Raceway Park! :D So I should be able to find the Range.
    Plus, it will be about 1 1/4 hours for me to get there so chances are I will be jammin to get there in time. If I can get away earlier, I'd like to help.
    Anyway, no problem guys. I was just wanting to get my new trigger job out and play with it. You know, "new toy syndrome". :D:D:D I'm DEFINITELY not into bummin stuff!!!! That's why I made the offer if someone had some they didn't need anymore.
    I know there is a minimum of 5 mags but it's my understanding I might be able to get away with 4-16 rd. mags that I have with my 9. If not, I'll take the ding on time. I'm not trying to prove anything, I just like to shoot and want to try this. Plus, look at the bright side, next time, it will be easy to make a BIG improvement!!!! :): :): :):
    Thanx a bunch,
    Chaz

I have 3 extra MK II mags. Your welcome to borrow for the night. I'll throw them in my range bag

Bob

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I know there is a minimum of 5 mags but it's my understanding I might be able to get away with 4-16 rd. mags that I have with my 9. If not, I'll take the ding on time.

You will probably do fine with 4 mags, especially if you are an even halfway decent shooter. If you enter in the Limited division, you can load them up to full capacity and will have no problems. You shoot three strings on each stage. Most require 6 shots if you don't miss. If you can't make 6 hits with the 16 rounds in your magazine, then you might have a problem with time anyway. If you enter in Production, you are limited to ten rounds in each magazine, which still gives you 10 shots for 6 hits on each of 3 strings, plus a spare mag, since you have 4. So no worries.

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    Hey Junkie,
    Would it be better to go down Rockville and come in the backside? I'm not exactly sure how to do that but I'm sure it's possible if that would be better. That's the way I usually go and come from the track. (I have to get a burrito from Chipotle! :bowdown:) But that is way down Rockville. I know there is someplace closer to cut over if that would be better. I have a GPS and altho it isn't a year old, she's pretty dumb. I don't trust it. It's a "last ditch effort" kind of thing.

Thanx Null. That means I now have two options! :rockwoot: I'm a decent shooter but this is new to me. I'm sure there will be some "rookie chokes" involved. I'll need to figure out which would be better - limited or production. I'm not sure how that works.

Looks like I have several reasons now to try to get there early. :) I'LL be the "long hair" with the "deer in the headlights look".:rolleyes:

Thanx a bunch guys! Oh, BTW, it's freakin snowin here right now. That could blow the whole deal for me. (no natural insulation)

Chaz

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Ill send you a PM with my Info!

Hey Junkie,
    Would it be better to go down Rockville and come in the backside? I'm not exactly sure how to do that but I'm sure it's possible if that would be better. That's the way I usually go and come from the track. (I have to get a burrito from Chipotle! :bowdown:) But that is way down Rockville. I know there is someplace closer to cut over if that would be better. I have a GPS and altho it isn't a year old, she's pretty dumb. I don't trust it. It's a "last ditch effort" kind of thing.

Thanx Null. That means I now have two options! :rockwoot: I'm a decent shooter but this is new to me. I'm sure there will be some "rookie chokes" involved. I'll need to figure out which would be better - limited or production. I'm not sure how that works.

Looks like I have several reasons now to try to get there early. :) I'LL be the "long hair" with the "deer in the headlights look".:rolleyes:

Thanx a bunch guys! Oh, BTW, it's freakin snowin here right now. That could blow the whole deal for me. (no natural insulation)

Chaz

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Does anyone have a 22 ar conversion kit they wont be using? Sounds like lisa would like to try one in her gun tonight....

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    LATE AGAIN!

SON OF A BEEP!!!

Did not make it over in time. That is twice now since they have started destruction of the roads on the west side. Had to make a U-turn on 38th street after being on it for 15-20min. It took me 60 minutes from fisher to U-turn and 30 minutes from U-turn back home. :xmad: So mad I want to shoot something but I am too late to shoot anything. Not going to try again until construction is done or I have a day off.

Good luck to those that made it. Hope you stay warm.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    SON OF A BEEP!!!

Did not make it over in time. That is twice now since they have started destruction of the roads on the west side. Had to make a U-turn on 38th street after being on it for 15-20min. It took me 60 minutes from fisher to U-turn and 30 minutes from U-turn back home. :xmad: So mad I want to shoot something but I am too late to shoot anything. Not going to try again until construction is done or I have a day off.

Good luck to those that made it. Hope you stay warm.

I have been there. Luckily I leave work at 4 and headed that was then.

Good shooting tonight, wasn't as cold as I thought it would be.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks to everybody for helping tonight; the match ran really smoothly despite Anton and Don not being able to make it. I really appreciate everybody who helped set up and tear down (especially Lee) as they made it seem like the match ran itself.

Thanks to Chad and everybody who helped do scores this evening; we made the best of the new score sheets and people stuck around after the match to make sure that they were filled out properly and totaled up correctly. This should be a huge help for our scorekeeper, and helps ensure that we continue to get the speedy scores posted that everybody has grown to expect.

Don't forget that we will only be having 1 match per month starting in November. See you all in December!

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    Tonite was my first time. No longer a virgin. :D :D
    Had a great time. The cold doesn't do me any favors but we made it thru it. It'll probably be my only shoot till it warms up (unless I really get "jonesing" :rolleyes:)
    Thanx to the guys who offered me mags for my MkII. The 9 worked out well and after seeing how you shoot the course I can see where the MkII might be a little disadvantage in a couple areas. That is until I would get very proficient with it.
    You're a good bunch of dudes!! Special thanx to Brendon, Que, Marcelle and all who help "school" me:). Looking forward to the next round! Keep up the great work!!!!
    Thanx a bunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Chaz

Bcampbell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Bloomington
    Wow that was quick!!!!! If you get time could someone see if Dave Thomas score sheet might have gotten misplaced? He was new and in my group and I couldn't find his name in the results. Thanks again for the FNS
    Brian

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Wow! Fast scores.. So appreciated! Thanks Chad! Had a good night shooting, and dinner was probably just as fun. Whether it was Que giving the "face" or talking about "docking" I was almost to the point of crying I was laughing so hard. Chaz, great to hear you had a good time, come back soon!

Top Bottom