Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So you need your PPE all the time until summer arrives.
    Virus can not survive in 80 deg+ climate.
    Great time to consider FL now that all the old folks will die off down there. ;)

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    One Berkley professor is seriously into contingency planning and prepping...

FvPxT6c.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I may have missed it, but did ya'all see that 3 TSA people have tested positive?

Now, granted, they interact with a LOT of people. So, statistically, it is no surprise that they've been exposed. But, at the same time, they've also interacted - post-exposure - with a lot of people. That's one example of how this thing breaks containment.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I may have missed it, but did ya'all see that 3 TSA people have tested positive?

Now, granted, they interact with a LOT of people. So, statistically, it is no surprise that they've been exposed. But, at the same time, they've also interacted - post-exposure - with a lot of people. That's one example of how this thing breaks containment.

See y we need to stop all air travel.
    So my stocks can drop and then buy.....

Oh wait for the safety of the childrennn

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1182008.shtml

Virus can stay airborne and ALIVE for 30mins!!!

I dont think any of the world health people know what the **** they are doing at this point. Either grossly incompetent or a bunch of liars.

Oh no, you dont need masks unless you are sick or a healthcare worker. Uh yeah sure, I really believed that. Liars

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

World Health organization.
    It is a pandemic.
    In the past two weeks the number of cases outside China has increased thirteenfold and the number of affected countries has tripled,” WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said at a press conference at the organization’s headquarters in Geneva. “In the days and weeks ahead, we expect to see the number of cases, the number of deaths and the number of affected countries to climb even higher.”

“We’re deeply concerned both by the alarming levels of spread and severity, and by the alarming levels of inaction,” he said, just before declaring the pandemic. “We have rung the alarm bell loud and clear.”

“We’re deeply concerned both by the alarming levels of spread and severity, and by the alarming levels of inaction,” he said, just before declaring the pandemic. “We have rung the alarm bell loud and clear.”

“This is a reality check for every government on the planet: Wake up. Get ready. This virus may be on its way and you need to be ready. You have a duty to your citizens, you have a duty to the world to be ready,”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/11/who-declares-the-coronavirus-outbreak-a-global-pandemic.html

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    A lot of money will be lost on those pandemic bonds. Ouch

Not a lot of money,all of it. The bonds where all or nothing. No pandemic meant you earned 7% and got your money back at the end of the term.
    Pandemic meant you lost your initial investment,and get no more interest(you still keep what you already earned).

Weird bonds,but they where originally set up as "charity" for countries that could not afford to deal with a pandemic. To lure money in they offered a great return
    rate vis the IMF. Everyone lost at this point....accept the low income countries these bonds where originally set up to help.

Those countries will get more monetary support now.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    "We can't be doing the kinds of things we were months ago"...ok, so now what? The reality is that Covid-19, like EVERY ONE OF ITS CONTEMPORARIES (swine flu, SARS, MERS, ebola, etc., etc.) is being added to the inventory of viruses that will continue infecting humans into the future. I can't live in a bubble forever, so now what? I'm on my phone and can't find the source(s), but it is my understanding that 70-80% or more of the world's population will be exposed to Covid-19. It doesn't appear that this is a "if", but a "when".

Looks like my best options going forward are good hygiene and doing my best to keep myself healthy.

Maybe I'll get exposed to Covid-19 and die. Likely I'll get exposed, get sick and recover. Maybe I'll get hit by a semi on my way home or by a 20-something checking their facepage status instead of their lane position.

If my maker decides it's time to call me home, I'm at peace with that, regardless the cause. I'll do my best to keep myself healthy - i refuse to live my life in fear.

I certainly have not wanted anyone to live in fear. I want people to prepare for this. I have mentioned before things you take for granted now,will soon not be available to you.
    From a new oil filter,a new TV,or the latest clothing. Things will not be normal for years. Wuhan was easing restrictions....they did it for less than a day,and now have gone back to the policy of no one is allowed to leave their home.

Things are going to get worse. Unemployment is going to go up...and by up I mean great depression levels and then some. We are going to enter a global depression.
    Why? Two main reasons.
    1.The manufacturing base is worse than decimated. Not just in the USA the world. An infection in one country has huge impacts on others now with everyone needing parts and materials from somewhere else. What little capacity to manufacture the USA has almost all depends on parts from somewhere else. From car to medicine it is all going to be impacted.

2.Consumers. The "driver" of the global economy for the last 15 years. Hard to consume if you can not leave your home. Hard to consume when an area starts seeing lots of sickness and death. Even harder when people do not leave their homes. Hard to consume when the products you want to buy are not available.

It is going to be brutal,ugly,and painful both from sickness and economic impact. It will last YEARS. Get over the idea this is only going to be impacting you a few months. It is not possible. Before we even had community spread it the USA,the impacts not yet felt where going to last years.

What to do?

Lessen the impact on you and those you love. Prepare. Enjoy what you can do. Some families I hope will become closer,not further apart. Kids reconnecting with parents. Who knows some may even put down their phones long enough to play a board game.Plant a large garden(it can actually be very enjoyable)
    This what advice from
    In short no large groups. No large events. Telework and medicine where possible.
    Limit your exposure to public places. Clean your own home and things you touch,on a regular basis. Be more careful what you actually touch. Remove yourself from higher risk environments. Adjust to all of these things,and accept it is the new normal.

What not to do. Do not plan a vacation. Those summer "events" you like are not happening. The state fair,it is not happening. Those in charge will be forced to accept reality and soon. Be ahead of them.

Everything will soon be about mitigation. Not fixing anything,but trying to lessen the impacts. This will be the government response at every level. It already should be yours.

Life is not over. It is not the "end". But things are going to change rapidly and globally.

Be well,be safe,you are loved.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    THEY didnt ring anything loud and clear. The WHO should be flogged after this thing is over

I have been talking to others for over 2 months. They should not be flogged they should be charged crimally.

They knew what this was and the impacts it could have. Yet when the USA stopped flights from China they yelled racist,told other countries it was not necessary.

They meet with the IMF and world bank DAILY. They have said this publicly during covid-19 press conferences to "balance" the economic and social impact of their message(and the disease).

So yea. Criminally charge them. There have been petitions for months to get Ted fired. Like this one with almost 500,000 signed already(there have already been multiple ones hit that mark).
    https://www.change.org/p/united-nat...dros-adhanom-ghebreyesus-who-director-general

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom